Peacock becomes home of first-ever exclusive live streamed NFL playoff game

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a really bad look. Enough NFL content is already locked behind a paywall at this point. It's especially unfair for the playoffs.

I doubt the Cardinals will be in this game, but imagine how frustrating it'll be if they are? Are we really expected to pay $4.99 to watch the 3 hours of content we want to see?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is a really bad look. Enough NFL content is already locked behind a paywall at this point. It's especially unfair for the playoffs.

I doubt the Cardinals will be in this game, but imagine how frustrating it'll be if they are? Are we really expected to pay $4.99 to watch the 3 hours of content we want to see?
I was visiting my mom for Mother's Day and couldn't even watch any of the local Diamondback games, because she has no need for the basic sports package. That's some shady crap, when your own hometown fans can't watch you.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, soccer is similar to hockey...a whole lot of fun to watch in person, with a great atmosphere. Unfortunately, neither sport really translates well to watching on TV. You really need to see the whole field or rink at one time.
I’ve been to hockey live and still does literally nothing for me and I’ve tried like 3-4 times

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
For me, soccer is similar to hockey...

How to fix soccer:
1. The field is huge. Shrink it.
2. Too many players on the field. Limit to three forwards, two defenders, and a goalie.
3. Players should get to come in and out whenever they want. Don’t stop the game.
4. Shrink the goal.
5. Ice everywhere.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to fix soccer:
2. Too many players on the field. Limit to three forwards, two defenders, and a goalie.
3. Players should get to come in and out whenever they want. Don’t stop the game.
4. Shrink the goal.
5. Ice everywhere.

I don't think you need to fix the most popular sport in the world.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again this is why I am not getting the Sunday ticket ever again. Last year I rarely watched it because the best games were already on TV and then you had stuff on Amazon, Peacock, ect...

Do I really need access to Browns / Tampa? Not really

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I was visiting my mom for Mother's Day and couldn't even watch any of the local Diamondback games, because she has no need for the basic sports package. That's some shady crap, when your own hometown fans can't watch you.
With the Dbacks it also sucks that AtBat blacks out local games by default. For years now my solution is an AtBat account (free each year from T-Mobile) and then use my VPN's Smart DNS feature to get around the geolock.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In Vegas, I can't watch Golden Knights games or Anaheim Ducks games because they're both considered local. More of a challenge for VGK because they have an exclusive deal with ATTSportsNet and I use Hulu+Live TV which doesn't get that channel, but still. It especially makes no sense for Anaheim as that's more than a five hour drive away from me AND we have a local market team.

Stewie Griffin

Veteran
Reaction score
In Vegas, I can't watch Golden Knights games or Anaheim Ducks games because they're both considered local. More of a challenge for VGK because they have an exclusive deal with ATTSportsNet and I use Hulu+Live TV which doesn't get that channel, but still. It especially makes no sense for Anaheim as that's more than a five hour drive away from me AND we have a local market team.
I think VGK is on free tv here starting next season

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
How to fix soccer:
4. Shrink the goal.
5. Ice everywhere.
You just described indoor soccer without the ice. Had season tickets for 7 years for professional indoor soccer. For whatever reason as outdoor soccer became more popular, indoor died off. There is still a professional league out there however the attendance is pretty small.

As for the outdoor game, I coached it for 25 years. People say it's boring however what they miss is the skill and conditioning it takes to play the sport. Anyone who thinks its easy to kick a ball from 30 yards out and make that ball not only curve but rise and then dip and put it on goal has no clue about the skill it takes to do that.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I tried all the streaming and it sucked compared to DirectTV and wasn't that far off in cost.
There's a learning curve but when done right even watching 4K games can be flawless, watched many college football last year in 4K

Diverdan

Reaction score
Been a customer of DirectTV since 1998, Sunday Ticket being the prime reason. I even bought my house with a clear line of sight to a satellite in mind!

This year I doubt I’m going to pay for the NFL on YouTube.

First of all, the Cardinals have been awful to watch for two years, not sure I want to pay to watch a team who lets its best young players walk and appears to be increasingly dysfunctional. (I’m horrified to think that Murray is going to be a bust)

Second of all, with DirectTV, you could record the games in advance, start watching it about 1 1/2 hours after start time, and never have to watch a single commercial(excluding those insidious ones shown on the screen during play, god I hate those). The 30 skip button is the greatest invention since the dishwasher)
With the new format, not sure one could do that.

Now it seems the league is fragmenting its games further to maximize profits. Watching Amazon Prime games was inconvenient for me.

I may sit this season out, and I’ve been a fan since the 1970s.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a customer of DirectTV since 1998, Sunday Ticket being the prime reason. I even bought my house with a clear line of sight to a sate in mind!.

This year I doubt I’m going to pay for the NFL on YouTube.

First of all, the Cardinals have been awful to watch for two years, not sure I want to pay to watch a team who lets its best players walk and appear to be increasingly dysfunctional. (I’m horrified to think that Murray is going to be a bust)

Second of all, with DirectTV, you could record the games in advance, start watching it about 1 1/2 hours after start time, and never have to watch a single commercial(excluding those insidious ones shown on the screen during play, god I hate those). The 30 skip button is the greatest invention since the dishwasher)
With the new format, not sure one could do that.

Now it seams the league is fragmenting its games further to maximize profits. Watching Amazon Prime games was inconvenient for me.

I may sit this season out, and I’ve been a fan since the 1970s.
Yep, the best way to watch it.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose