Paul: All-Star; no Book

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book played poorly to begin the season. Can't be that outraged.

Harden barely even showed up to begin the season. AD will have missed half of the season by the All-Star break and hasn't actually played anywhere near his level of play. Zion plays poorly on one half of the floor consistently ALL season.

Book and CP3 were figuring out how to play with each other and NEITHER played well at the jump so there was a period of adjustment that should be expected.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have two players as All-Stars. It's hard to get more exciting than this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker looking good as a second time All-Star.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker was not an initial choice . . . and probably is not first in line to be an
injury substitution this year.

I thought he wasn't first in line to be a replacement?

I know you view the Suns negatively because of Sarver but trying to convince others of a false narrative that you created is weak.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Last year was the first year where I legit was upset that Book didn’t get in because I felt at that time he had turned the corner enough to beat out guys like Ingram and even CP3. I get the team wasn’t winning enough but I thought he was finally in that class to get there. I get the argument could be made for him to not be there but the problem i have when it comes to Booker is the different standards he has been held to. First he was a good player getting great stats on a bad team and that wasn’t enough. This year he’s playing on a top 5 team to this point, sacrifices stats for team play/success which I believe contributed to his slow start but has spent the better part of the last month doing Book things while the team has been on a tear. Still doesn’t get the respect he deserves. You can see it by the player’s reactions when he doesn’t get in. Remember last year one of the other under-appreciated players in the league in Dame name dropped him when discussing his replacement. Book in a lot of other markets is a shoe in IMO.

Regardless, I usually don’t get too wound up in AS appearances but I’ve been absolutely dying for Book to get the respect he deserves after some unbearable years here. It’s good for his standing with the franchise as well as the franchise itself. I love seeing the passion the fans have for his snub and I hope Book notices. He’s the guy we all want to be behind. I also hope he takes any frustration out on the rest of the league from here on out.

Glad he’s in now but damn...wish he could just get in the first time.

/rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With so many people openly coming out in support of Devin Booker being an All-Star, I doubt it stings too much how he got there. Lots of excellent players were passed over.

A Chris Paul and Devin Booker All-Star back court sounds pretty sweet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have two players as All-Stars. It's hard to get more exciting than this.

if that doesn't say everything about this season, I don't know what does.

but yeah... like @BC867 said earlier, the Suns really should have gone with a role playing PG. That would have done wonders for the team as opposed to getting CP3, having the 4th best record in the entire league AND two All-Stars with CP3 and Booker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year was the first year where I legit was upset that Book didn’t get in because I felt at that time he had turned the corner enough to beat out guys like Ingram and even CP3. I get the team wasn’t winning enough but I thought he was finally in that class to get there. I get the argument could be made for him to not be there but the problem i have when it comes to Booker is the different standards he has been held to. First he was a good player getting great stats on a bad team and that wasn’t enough. This year he’s playing on a top 5 team to this point, sacrifices stats for team play/success which I believe contributed to his slow start but has spent the better part of the last month doing Book things while the team has been on a tear. Still doesn’t get the respect he deserves. You can see it by the player’s reactions when he doesn’t get in. Remember last year one of the other under-appreciated players in the league in Dame name dropped him when discussing his replacement. Book in a lot of other markets is a shoe in IMO.

Regardless, I usually don’t get to wound up in AS appearances but I’ve been absolutely dying for Book to get the respect he deserves after some unbearable years here. It’s good for his standing with the franchise as well as the franchise itself. I love seeing the passion the fans have for his snub and I hope Book notices. He’s the guy we all want to be behind. I also hope he takes any frustration out on the rest of the league from here on out.

Glad he’s in now but damn...wish he could just get in the first time.

/rant

same. this is the first time in I can't remember how many years that ANY kind of Suns slight pissed me off.

speaks volumes to me about actually caring again about this team!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's fantastic. I bet he's still got a chip on his shoulder though. Back to back injury replacement all star selections. I bet he feels like they're alll star selections with an asterisk.

Look we all know he is better than Mitchell, he should have made that clear with his play, but he really has not been playing well till the last 10 games or so - of course Paul started out really rough as well.

Book needs to take it to the next level by becoming a 40%+ 3 point shooter. There is no reason he should not have already accomplished that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My thoughts after this ordeal are that we need to win this season or else. May not be a playoff series, but have to be competitive when/if we get in the playoffs. If we suck ass or miss the playoffs, I could see Book's itch to leave Phoenix grow larger.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
same. this is the first time in I can't remember how many years that ANY kind of Suns slight pissed me off.

speaks volumes to me about actually caring again about this team!
Crazy huh? It’s been a while. I wasn’t even very excited about them this year to be honest. Overall my interest in the entire league is at an all time low but I do find myself very invested in the Suns admittedly. And I can’t even believe what a difference just 3000 fans can make in watching a game these days. Real reactions and emotion. It’s makes it so much better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thoughts after this ordeal are that we need to win this season or else. May not be a playoff series, but have to be competitive when/if we get in the playoffs. If we suck ass or miss the playoffs, I could see Book's itch to leave Phoenix grow larger.

Honestly I am going to be pissed if this team does not at least make the conference finals.

I don't feel there is any team in the west that should beat us in a series, except possibly the Lakers if AD is healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't particularly enthused about the All-Star game this season but with Devin Booker and Chris Paul making the team, that's changed to excitement.