Pathetic, Worthless, and Weak

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Fair, but you just don't let a single negative thing go. Especially after a game, you need to let posters have their venting time. 9/10 posters will vent right after a game and then go back to being a regular old poster. Then you have me :)

Like I said, I was able to change a lot of my spots when we were winning. Why can't you allow someone to watch a game as atrocious as today and simply have their "No sir, I don't like it" moment?

I actually broke my own rule by getting on this board after a loss. I can't be in the gameday thread during a game (all year) or get on after a loss because of the negativity. I suppose that's on me.

Everyone has the right to express themselves the way they want to. I would have expected this board to be more positive this year and not go all cannibal on nearly every single coach and player. I see a ton of positive momentum but who the heck am I? The same guy that said don't draft Kyler (stick with Rosen) and Jones would be a better OT than Wirfs (among many other bad takes). :cheers:

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's kinda been a long moment........
Except it isn't, because they're hasn't been a moment yet. The moment anyone says anything negative, even after a game like this, it's "attack!" If you attack folks for venting, the venting will go on with added arguments and diatribe.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Except it isn't, because they're hasn't been a moment yet. The moment anyone says anything negative, even after a game like this, it's "attack!" If you attack folks for venting, the venting will go on with added arguments and diatribe.
TBF - the same thing happens when you say something positive. You get called an ostrich among other things.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I actually broke my own rule by getting on this board after a loss. I can't be in the gameday thread during a game (all year) or get on after a loss because of the negativity. I suppose that's on me.

Everyone has the right to express themselves the way they want to. I would have expected this board to be more positive this year and not go all cannibal on nearly every single coach and player. I see a ton of positive momentum but who the heck am I? The same guy that said don't draft Kyler (stick with Rosen) and Jones would be a better OT than Wirfs (among many other bad takes). :cheers:
Hey, I was on the Rosen bandwagon myself and was pissed we drafted KM. Shame on me, too.

You see a ton of positive momentum? Not being snarky, but may I ask where? I see us shambling into the playoffs like a rotting corpse. Are you talking macro, as in record and win progression year to year?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
TBF - the same thing happens when you say something positive. You get called an ostrich among other things.
Most people only go the ostrich route when you're ignoring something obvious. I posted a pic of that (for you, I think) because I feel you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge how godawful we have been in yet another epic late-season collapse. But, yes, I can acknowledge that there's overreaction both ways. My frustration stems from being attacked for commenting on the football, when i feel you and others attack because we're stating negative opinions about the football.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I give the Whiners a better shot in the playoffs, to be honest. At least they have fight in them. We've lost something like 5 playoff/division clinching games down the stretch, and won none of them. We have no idea how to win, we don't have the guts to show up and punch a team in the mouth when it counts, and I cannot possibly see how anybody can spin these facts in a positive light.

We play better on the road??

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You see a ton of positive momentum? Not being snarky, but may I ask where? I see us shambling into the playoffs like a rotting corpse. Are you talking macro, as in record and win progression year to year?

Certainly not in the past 5 or 6 games. I am thinking macro - year to year.

I personally like the progress KK has made over the past 3 years. Lots of things he can do better but he has improved in all aspects (at least a bit) - especially wins and he made the playoffs. I could see him leading this team for 10 years with the right resources around him.

I think Kyler is a legit franchise QB and has the ability to be a top 5 QB. Can he fulfill that potential is the question but he has the talent...how many QB's have you seen that can run and pass with that accuracy/arm?

I think we have solid talent. We took a big step forward with talent vs last year and need to do the same thing next year if we want to get to the Super Bowl.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fair, but you just don't let a single negative thing go. Especially after a game, you need to let posters have their venting time. 9/10 posters will vent right after a game and then go back to being a regular old poster. Then you have me :)

Like I said, I was able to change a lot of my spots when we were winning. Why can't you allow someone to watch a game as atrocious as today and simply have their "No sir, I don't like it" moment?
He's the yin to your yang... ;)

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No one can argue that thr cards have failed miserably when they have a chance to clinch something. Playoffs last year, division this year multiple times. It does not inspire confidence in the playoffs where every game is do or die. Every time Kk and KM have been put in a position of "just go out and win, no excuses " they have failed. Including KM in college.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we went up 24-17 this thread title is a good description of our offensive and defensive lines the rest of the game. On defense, it was bad enough the line was getting blown up a lot of plays. But when there was a chance to get off the field the communication and coverage in the secondary was a clown show.

The oline, AJ Green, Kyler suddenly thinking he should impersonate Dan Marino and stand on a spot and barely move for a couple of series...ugh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we went up 24-17 this thread title is a good description of our offensive and defensive lines the rest of the game. On defense, it was bad enough the line was getting blown up a lot of plays. But when there was a chance to get off the field the communication and coverage in the secondary was a clown show.

The oline, AJ Green, Kyler suddenly thinking he should impersonate Dan Marino and stand on a spot and barely move for a couple of series...ugh.
Man... that was rough. It looked like the team might just come of age and out of the tailspin when they went up 24-17 and then got a 3 and Out. Then they collectively just crapped the bed on offense, defense AND EVEN Special Teams.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... that was rough. It looked like the team might just come of age and out of the tailspin when they went up 24-17 and then got a 3 and Out. Then they collectively just crapped the bed on offense, defense AND EVEN Special Teams.
It reminded me of a play by friend of mine in high school who was a soccer player and he was going to kick. Dropped the ball to punt and didn't even try to kick it although he could have. Picked up the ball, stood there and got crushed. Quit immediately after the game.

I have never seen and NFL punter do that. He could have kicked the drop and still could have kicked it after he picked it up.

That south end zone has had so many awful plays when we have been backed up there.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are so right. I was screaming at the tv “MOVE THE GD POCKET”. Get Kyler moving out on the snap and stop relying on getting out of trouble on his athleticism.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t know how we weren’t fired up enough today to win this game on emotion alone. Watching you would believe the Seahags had more on the line than we did. Just don’t get it.
Eerily similar to the home game v. the Niners last year. Playoffs on the line, Cards mail it in while the already eliminated Niners play as though it matters. Stupefying.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Lines of scrimmage are soft for the most part. They flash at times but overall get pushed around. I want some mean SOBs that want to physically beat the crap out of you. We are a long way from that

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree this team needs to get that smash mouth attitude and in a hurry.
Murray has to get that three second clock in his head. All but one of those sacks he had plenty of time to get rid of the ball.

Also we need a defensive backs coach because our corners don’t have a clue how to cover.
Yea i yelled f throw the dang ball like 6 times somethin up his body language looks off on bench to not what u want goin in poffs ughhh lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
100% agree. It sucks and I don't like to lose like this. We blew it over the past 5 or 6 games.

That being said, I can't discount what we did in the first 7 or 12.

I think its hard for me because there has been so much negativity early in the season and late in the season. Tough to handle both.

I don't understand the K1 hate - he is not transcendent yet nor does he suck. It would help if people maybe praised 80% and criticized 20%? Feels many times like it the opposite. I understand that people feel angry that some said he was "anointed". I get it but I was pro Rosen and Bosa or Williams. I was wrong. He is the best young QB we have had maybe ever. Lomax is close.

I just can't get behind fire this guy, this coach, this guy sucks, etc. All the dang time. How many players on this team have been blasted? Nearly every single one of them.
Anything can happen & I do like your positive attitude about it. That being said which team do you really see right now, the 7-0 team or the one that we see now that couldn't even beat Detroit? All I heard was "we have our OL starters back" yesterday, got news about that, our OL ain't that good & our LT got abused yesterday. I'll be rooting for them Monday just as hard as anyone but I wish I could be as hopeful as you are? I just see too many flaws.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want someone on this team to actually be upset about losing games. Hearing press conferences by Kliff and Kyler where they ooze complacency makes me sick. They were both asked if they were upset or disappointed that they didn't win the division as it was theirs to take and both just matter-of-factly said "Uh, well, uh we were already in the playoffs so uh, sure it would have been nice, but, uh, in the end, we are playing in the playoffs, so, uh, there's that." Wrong answer. Say "I'm mad as hell we didn't beat Seattle and take the division." and then go to L.A. and take it out on the Rams. This "Aw, shucks - look what we have already done." attitude won't get you far in this league.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I want someone on this team to actually be upset about losing games. Hearing press conferences by Kliff and Kyler where they ooze complacency makes me sick. They were both asked if they were upset or disappointed that they didn't win the division as it was theirs to take and both just matter-of-factly said "Uh, well, uh we were already in the playoffs so uh, sure it would have been nice, but, uh, in the end, we are playing in the playoffs, so, uh, there's that." Wrong answer. Say "I'm mad as hell we didn't beat Seattle and take the division." and then go to L.A. and take it out on the Rams. This "Aw, shucks - look what we have already done." attitude won't get you far in this league.
They...they didn't. No, that's just not possible. They can't be THAT stupid. They can't be THAT unmotivated. Please, tell me this isn't quoted from the presser. PLEASE tell me that.

Reactions: PJ1

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They...they didn't. No, that's just not possible. They can't be THAT stupid. They can't be THAT unmotivated. Please, tell me this isn't quoted from the presser. PLEASE tell me that.
I've heard sound bites from both of them since the game and they sound like they're reading from the same script. They both even pulled out the "Hey, now it is win-or-go-home. There is no tomorrow." line. But both sound so laid back and mellow that it makes me want to puke.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard