Path to the draft....trades, rumors, etc

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was waffling on him with his medical issues. This helps make up my mind. It isn't connected to his medical issues, but those issues are looming large already, AND he's not taking care of himself prior to the draft. Unless it comes out as a false positive, I want nothing to do with him. Yes, sometimes you can contract it through no fault of your own, so it may be unfair, but it speaks to me of not making good decisions leading up to the draft. And if you can't be smart at that point in your career, I don't know what to tell ya.
Lol. I think this is the worst Farley take yet. We have zero idea how he caught it. This was a dude who opted out so he wouldn’t get his father sick. He could’ve caught it from an Amazon prime delivery man. Heck, our house is now under quarantine bc our 9 year old was exposed to a kid showing symptoms with a brother who tested positive bc he was sitting within 4 feet in his music class at school. Not everyone who catches this is running around at clubs and doing stupid things.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm opting out of football so I don't give Covid to my pops

also

I'm living with my pops and about to travel together to Cleveland and I have covid

:shrug:

I know some people will read this and get ready to hit the keyboard with "Anyone can catch covid. It's not his fault". They are right. That's my point. It's why losing a year of football makes no sense. He put his pop at more risk by living with him while training every day.
Just flat out false. You have zero insight into their lives and precautions taken.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lol. I think this is the worst Farley take yet. We have zero idea how he caught it. This was a dude who opted out so he wouldn’t get his father sick. He could’ve caught it from an Amazon prime delivery man. Heck, our house is now under quarantine bc our 9 year old was exposed to a kid showing symptoms with a brother who tested positive bc he was sitting within 4 feet in his music class at school. Not everyone who catches this is running around at clubs and doing stupid things.

On its own? Sure, I'd say it's a bad take. It's still a red flag, or at least something to take into consideration. Again, on its own, it wouldn't be enough to put me off drafting the player. Add in the MASSIVE injury red flags, and nope. Just nope. Not in the first round.

In the second round? Sure thing, I'll take that chance. Not at #16.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just flat out false. You have zero insight into their lives and precautions taken.

How is it flat out false?

The ultimate way to make sure your father doesn't get Covid is not to see them. That's why I haven't seen my mother, who has a lung condition, since August last year. And that's the only time I've seen my parent's in person since this started.

This really isn't hard. It's literally the defining principle of lockdowns. Hard to pass something to someone you don't see.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It will be interesting to see where the opt outs land. Lots of word out there that teams will be downgrading pretty much everyone but Chase

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where the opt outs land. Lots of word out there that teams will be downgrading pretty much everyone but Chase

Both Steelers and Cowboys have been pretty clear they are marking players down. Not necessarily for opting out, but due to the lost reps.

I'm torn on it personally. I don't think you can make a mass judgement. You have to look at individual situations.

There was a lot of BS around. Do you remember all the crap about heart damage in 30% of cases? Well, where are all the athletes that are done? So that would effect some guys decisions.

Ultimately I don't think anyone will slide a lot. Single digits rather than 10s.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On its own? Sure, I'd say it's a bad take. It's still a red flag, or at least something to take into consideration. Again, on its own, it wouldn't be enough to put me off drafting the player. Add in the MASSIVE injury red flags, and nope. Just nope. Not in the first round.

In the second round? Sure thing, I'll take that chance. Not at #16.
Yes on its own. I get the back concerns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How is it flat out false?

The ultimate way to make sure your father doesn't get Covid is not to see them. That's why I haven't seen my mother, who has a lung condition, since August last year. And that's the only time I've seen my parent's in person since this started.

This really isn't hard. It's literally the defining principle of lockdowns. Hard to pass something to someone you don't see.
No, perhaps the best way is to live with him to ensure he never has to leave the house. This is a college kid. I’m confident that if he wasn’t at college he was living with his father.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, perhaps the best way is to live with him to ensure he never has to leave the house. This is a college kid. I’m confident that if he wasn’t at college he was living with his father.

not to mention, at this point his father might be vaccinated so Fairley could now try and do what he needed to do to take care of his family, whether that’s rehab, meeting agents, etc etc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If so it will be because of limited tape or decency bias and not because of “they don’t love football enough.” Don’t think we will see penei or slater drop really due to opt out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose