Packers 31 Cardinals 17 Post Game Thoughts

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The offensive guards were horrible, but I watched the second half again to see why. My old buddy Sendlien was back to being himself again. Part of the reason the guards were getting blown up on plays out of the shotgun is because he was tipping the snap again. If you doubt it, just go back and look. The packer center did not tip the play but ours does. Wish they would fix that.
You hit the nail on the head. The Cards have the worst interior OL in the NFL. I've never been a Sendlein fan and when was the last time the Cards had a good LG?
I watched Chance Warmack from Bama on Saturday night and he is legit. Even on plays he was beaten, he got enough of his man to keep him from making a play.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The play calling was bad again. I believe Fitz was also telling Miller to calm down on the sidelines. The guy looks like a little weasel. In over his head for sure.

Yelling at poor Lurch is inexcusable.

I saw that and thought the same thing. First time I ever saw Fitz do that. He talks with the coaches (especially Whiz) all the time but I've never seen him put his arm around a coach like that and I'd never seen that body language from him. Dang, let's just make Larry player/coach and win some games.

And I'm only half joking.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see more of John Skelton before I arrive at the decision that he's not good enough. I don't think any young QB can be properly assessed in fewer than 20 starts. Look at how long it took Alex Smith to be good and to string wins together.

What impressed me about Skelton today was when he shouted "catch the ball" after yet another dropped third down pass that was right on the money.

It takes a young QB a little time to be able to feel comfortable getting on the other players.

I don't think there is any question that his teammates respect him.

Actually, whether you like him or not, it's pretty hard not to respect Skelton. He hangs in there and takes his licks and he bounces back up. The game does not look like it's too much for him---and he looks like he enjoys playing, even when he is taking hit after hit.

Bear with me because I'm confused. You are the same Mitch that praised Todd Haley for yelling at Boldin and arguing with Warner on the sideline? The same one that consistently says Haley and Warner not Whiz were the key to that run?

You are the same Mitch that earlier in this thread complained about the current OC yelling at the current QB?

And now you're praising that same QB for yelling at one of his Wr's for dropping the ball?

So basically the message is don't yell at John Skelton? If he's going to be an NFL QB he has to be mentally tough, if he's not, coddling him now won't make him any tougher.

He's not making plays, he's thrown 172 passes and has 2 TD passes, in about 10 more attempts Kolb had 4 times as many, 8, and Kolb was missing too many plays.

The scary thing is he's actually regressed in that area he had 11 in 275 attempts last year. For all the talk about how he's better in the pocket than Kolb it would appear at least so far that the bad OL is actually impacting Skelton more than it did Kolb, that without time to wait for someone to get wide open, he's completely incapable of making plays.

The biggest problem he has is he's so bad in the first quarter, he's averaging under 5 YPA in the first quarter of games, almost 7 in the 4th. 52% completion, his passer rating is even worse in the 3rd quarter. THe only quarter where he looks like an NFL QB is the 4th quarter, often because of the score so that he's seeing soft zones or outright prevents.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bear with me because I'm confused. You are the same Mitch that praised Todd Haley for yelling at Boldin and arguing with Warner on the sideline? The same one that consistently says Haley and Warner not Whiz were the key to that run?

You are the same Mitch that earlier in this thread complained about the current OC yelling at the current QB?

And now you're praising that same QB for yelling at one of his Wr's for dropping the ball?

So basically the message is don't yell at John Skelton? If he's going to be an NFL QB he has to be mentally tough, if he's not, coddling him now won't make him any tougher.

He's not making plays, he's thrown 172 passes and has 2 TD passes, in about 10 more attempts Kolb had 4 times as many, 8, and Kolb was missing too many plays.

The scary thing is he's actually regressed in that area he had 11 in 275 attempts last year. For all the talk about how he's better in the pocket than Kolb it would appear at least so far that the bad OL is actually impacting Skelton more than it did Kolb, that without time to wait for someone to get wide open, he's completely incapable of making plays.

The biggest problem he has is he's so bad in the first quarter, he's averaging under 5 YPA in the first quarter of games, almost 7 in the 4th. 52% completion, his passer rating is even worse in the 3rd quarter. THe only quarter where he looks like an NFL QB is the 4th quarter, often because of the score so that he's seeing soft zones or outright prevents.

Great all around post Russ.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you were ever in a position to beat the Packers at Lambeau Field this was the day.

1. They struggled mightily with a 1-7 Jaguar team at home the week before.

2. Their injury situation is horrendous---this was a Packer team that in the second half of this game was without:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Jordy Nelson
T Brian Baluga
DT Corey Raji
OLB Chase Matthews
CB Charles Woodson

3. Let's just say that for a team like the Cardinals who have had to face RBs the likes of Marshawn Lynch, Stephen Jackson and Adrian Peterson---these current Packer RBs are a reprieve.

4. What cost the Cardinals today was playing with no swagger whatsoever on defense---with very little effort and confidence on special teams---and at costly times with egregious lapses in concentration catching the football, especially on third downs.

The play of the game?

To me, it was Whisenhunt falling miserably asleep at the switch when Donald Driver made a juggling catch and was tackled short of a first down. What could it hurt challenging the play---Buck and Aikman were in complete agreement that the spot was too generous---it's the first half---where timeouts really don't matter.

When you have to use a 5'7" 185 lb RB to try and get 1-2 yds up the middle for a first down you have a major problem.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This was a poor game by the defense (2 in a row) and a poor game by the O-line, especially the interior line. It seemed like Colledge got pushed all over Lambeau Field yesterday and Ornberger not only underperformed but picked up a stupid piling on penalty which wiped out a nice LSH run. Early Doucet was even worse than usual and Rob Housler dropped at least two passes that I saw. It seemed like John Skelton got hit on almost every pass play while Rodgers was barely touched. It's very concerning that the Cardinals get virtually no pressure without blitzing and that Rodgers escaped several times for large gains.

The rush defense was horrible against a team playing backup offensive linemen and a stable of mediocre backs. This looks to be a defense that cannot stop both the run and the pass in a game. If so, any opponent with a semblance of both a running and passing attack is going to have success against them.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you were ever in a position to beat the Packers at Lambeau Field this was the day.

2. Their injury situation is horrendous---this was a Packer team that in the second half of this game was without:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Jordy Nelson
T Brian Baluga
DT Corey Raji
OLB Chase Matthews
CB Charles Woodson

3. Let's just say that for a team like the Cardinals who have had to face RBs the likes of Marshawn Lynch, Stephen Jackson and Adrian Peterson---these current Packer RBs are a reprieve.

4. What cost the Cardinals today was playing with no swagger whatsoever on defense---with very little effort and confidence on special teams---and at costly times with egregious lapses in concentration catching the football, especially on third downs.

The play of the game?

To me, it was Whisenhunt falling miserably asleep at the switch when Donald Driver made a juggling catch and was tackled short of a first down. What could it hurt challenging the play---Buck and Aikman were in complete agreement that the spot was too generous---it's the first half---where timeouts really don't matter.

Amazingly no challenge ensued and bang the very next play Aaron Rodgers throws a perfect picture fade pass to Randall Cobb, with near perfect coverage by Williams Gay (who played his best game as a Cardinal today)---and Green Bay is Lambeau leaping handily toward an easy win.

Then the Cardinals make it close on two occasions thanks to an outstanding improvised run to the pylon by Hyphen (who again played his heart out today) and a stellar catch and RAC TD by an outstretched Larry Fitzgerald, only to have the defense get run into the ground the first time by James Starks, Randall Cobb (where one time the Cardinals had a NT and no DE to one side of him) and Alex Green and then the second time by surrendering a 72 yard TE seam pass that was so wide open up the middle the TE Crabtree had neither Cardinals' safety within 20 yards of him. The culprit on the play was ILB Paris Lenon who has not been right for basically this whole losing streak---he's not been making plays, he's been late reacting to run and pass...he's clearly playing hurt...but he's still in there because Ray Horton doesn't trust anyone else calling the plays.

As for Horton the luster of his magic has been wearing off in epic proportions---the problem is he is having a very difficult time getting his defensive stars to show up---Darnell Dockett is good for 1-2 plays a game the last 5 weeks...Calais Campbell has been slowed considerably and looks like he is not going to get up every time he makes a tackle...Patrick Peterson had possibly his worst game as a pro last Monday Night and is now a fumbling head-case as punt returner...and Adrian Wilson continues to try to play the safety position by throwing shoulders at runners and not coming anywhere near what would be considered a fundamental tackle. His effort on WR Randall Cobb was about as poor as any defensive safety can make inside the goal line.

Daryl Washington had been the bright spot until today and even he looked half into it out there.

The bright spot was the play of the Cardinal CBs Gay and Fleming, only despite applying almost perfect coverage, they got burned by passes that your or I could only walk over and place right into the perfect spot.

The worst of all was the play of all 4 LB spots---they didn't fill and they didn't cover---they were sitting ducks, basically and sadly O'Brien Schofield who was trying to make an stop got his ankle rolled and may be out for several weeks. In his place, Quentin Groves got some pressure off the edge but he jumped off-sides and didn't play smart on several occasions.

On offense---there was more of a fight to try to win.

John Skelton was given adequate time thanks in part to a surprising personnel shift at LT when rookie Nate Potter was tried and, after a few hiccups early, settled down quite well.

Skelton started to get a little help in the running game, thanks to Hyphen squirting around for as many extra yards as his 5'7" frame would allow---and the big thing was Skelton actually threw a couple of very good deep passes (an anomaly around here this season)---the first to Andre Roberts (who yes was held briefly on the 4th down play late as he tired to gain separation) and the second on a key 4th down to Michael Floyd.

What spoiled Skelton's day were extremely untimely drops on third down plays from Early Doucet and Rob Houlser. Houlser came back to atone for his drop, while Doucet compounded his by making a lame attempt to catch another ball---really about tow of the more lame attempts to catch two perfectly thrown passes as there ever could be.

What also spoiled Skelton's day was getting poor effort from both the guards---Daryn Colledge and Rich Ohrnsberger---so much so I may not be the only one who hopes to see Senio Kelemete start at one of those spots following the bye. Colledge has been horrible for two straight weeks---and he should be the most consistent lineman. Too bad Skelton is still a little too young to get right up into Colledge's face mask---because you know Russ Grimm won't. I have never seen an NFL coach care as little as Russ Grimm---he looks unaffected, like he could give two sheists.

With CKW and Grimm as the main offensive coaches---what free agent QB would ever want to come to Arizona? Seriously.

And then there's Mike Miller who today decided to chew John Skelton's arse out on the sidelines right when all the momentum is on AZ's side as the offense has just marched down to the Packer 11 yard line and with a TD can make it 24-21---and all because Miller was sending new personnel onto the field and the play was coming in late and Skelton couldn't beat the play clock.

Skelton was finally in a groove and looking confident---but hey, Miller, why not rip into him at that moment? Good timing, tough guy.

It also didn't help that the play-calling from Mike Miller through CKW was again about as predictable as 40 degree weather this time of year in Green Bay.

The first play to start the first half? A two yard pass to TE Rob Housler---which I am still not sure what that play accomplishes...and the first play of the second half, the same 2 yard pass play to Housler only this time GB is on to it, jumps the route for a tip and gets an easy interception.

On short yardage plays---running Hyphen not once but twice into the middle on key goal-line plays---Hyphen bailed the coaches out on the first one but no such luck on the second. This play is akin to calling a key 4th down flat pass to Reagan Maui'a with Antoine Winfield of all CBs covering.

From first (4 weeks ago) and heading to worst (5 weeks later)...

I watched the Seahawks in the second game---they are a far superior football team---they play together---they play smart---Marshawn Lynch runs harder than any RB in the NFL today---and they tackle and cover as in sticky cover on defense---they rush you fast off the edges. And the way Russell Wilson is improving---man, he's got the look of something special. He's actually better off playing small, because he has great vision anyway and the defense can't read him. Amazing too that he always seems to be passing through wide open passing lanes, that is if he isn't giving the opponents fits with his scrambling ability. He is so incredibly calm and poised out there.

I actually think the Seahawks could catch the 49ers late in the season---that is if Lynch holds up. That guy is phenomenal. I can't recall ever seeing a RB run as hard and tough as he does. It takes 3 tacklers to bring him down.

Funny that the Seahawks got him in a trade deadline deal that cost them a mere 4th round pick.

That (making a trade deadline deal), as we saw once again even more disconcertedly this year after a 4-0 start and with glaring weaknesses to fix, is not something the Cardinals would care to do---but, hey, as they tell us, "we are always trying to improve our football team."

Apparently Mitch we are not smart enough to know how to improve our team else we would not consistently be the team we are. We need a total shake up at the top with new lines of authority and responsibility. Unfortunately that is not the Bidwill way. I would not be surprised to see Whiz and Graves remain in place no matter what our record. Our best coordinator is likely to leave for a better position (Horton). Our one superstar is Fitz and he probably only has about 4 more years of great play left. Will we have a QB before he leaves that can throw accurate passes and be an NFL quality QB? Look at the difference Luck and Manning have made to their teams this year. Manning is still Manning and Luck is what most everyone said he would be.

Don't you wonder what all these people talk about when they have their weekly meetings?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing I like about Skelton, Chopper, is that he bounces back from his mistakes---he doesn't fail for lack of effort---and he doesn't cave in under pressure. Today he made all the NFL throws---and for the most part he was on target. As you state, his mechanics are very much a work in progress---but today there was progress.

I certainly hope the Cardinals don't agree with you as it pertains to Skelton. If he is still working on his mechanics that is a big problem. In my opinion he will never be a legitimate starter in the NFL and I hope the Cardinals realize this and move on.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Our interior line is awful. I didn't see him tipping the snap, but I did see those three get beat again and again. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard to pick up a defensive stunt.

any of the three would be fine if they had better than average talent on either side of them

but you cant have all three in a row there.

I think Sendlein is a fine center -- not a pro bowler, but a solid NFL player.

Colledge and Synder / Olhmwhomever are below average players at this point in their careers

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Mitch we are not smart enough to know how to improve our team else we would not consistently be the team we are. We need a total shake up at the top with new lines of authority and responsibility. Unfortunately that is not the Bidwill way. I would not be surprised to see Whiz and Graves remain in place no matter what our record. Our best coordinator is likely to leave for a better position (Horton). Our one superstar is Fitz and he probably only has about 4 more years of great play left. Will we have a QB before he leaves that can throw accurate passes and be an NFL quality QB? Look at the difference Luck and Manning have made to their teams this year. Manning is still Manning and Luck is what most everyone said he would be.

Don't you wonder what all these people talk about when they have their weekly meetings?

You and I are both on the same page on this. Until Michael Bidwill brings in a real football guy to run the organization (firing Graves) nothing will change.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a poor game by the defense (2 in a row) and a poor game by the O-line, especially the interior line. It seemed like Colledge got pushed all over Lambeau Field yesterday and Ornberger not only underperformed but picked up a stupid piling on penalty which wiped out a nice LSH run. Early Doucet was even worse than usual and Rob Housler dropped at least two passes that I saw. It seemed like John Skelton got hit on almost every pass play while Rodgers was barely touched. It's very concerning that the Cardinals get virtually no pressure without blitzing and that Rodgers escaped several times for large gains.

The rush defense was horrible against a team playing backup offensive linemen and a stable of mediocre backs. This looks to be a defense that cannot stop both the run and the pass in a game. If so, any opponent with a semblance of both a running and passing attack is going to have success against them.

I think the defense sold out to stop Rodgers, the problem is they didn't stop Rodgers.

Bad game all around, we desperately need a playmaker on offense.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First of all, slan...I've been reading your posts today and I think you are making great points---

Part of it, Skelton is trying to find a groove and each play he doesn't have any idea how quickly he has to get rid of the ball.

But today he settled down and we will never know what would have happened to the two drives he had going when Doucet and then Housler dropped the passes.

The pass he threw to Fitz up the sideline was thrown over the corner and underneath the safety, so it was the right kind of throw on a very accurate zone read. Fitz slipped---that's a play he would normally make.

Skelton does lock on...but today he checked off more than usual---again it's part of wondering whether he has 2.1 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Look at the long balls he threw today---and some of the zip intermediate passes he threw to Fitz---he has a big-time arm.

Yes, he has a longer motion than say a Drew Brees, but he's a bigger player.

Today he wasn't rushing it as bad as last week. which was why he was sailing some passes.

But best of all---he's tough. He played with his head up the whole game versus the team that leads the NFL in sacks.

Some QBs are slow in transmitting what heir eyes see into arm action. You cannot do anything about that. Other see and almost instantly react. It may be only a fraction of a second but over 16 games this will cause some lost games. Guys like Marino and Warner were quick reaction type guys. Other QBs who are not quick reactors can beat you with their smarts. I put Peyton Manning in that group.

It well may be that Andy Reid will be fired this year. Would you want him as a head coach? I sort of like Mitch's idea about the innovative coach from Oregon. The Cards are by no means innovative so I doubt they would stick their heads out for a coach with no NFL experience. There is another innovative coach I know of and that is Gus Malzahn the head coach at Arkansas State. He was the Offensive Coordinator at Alabama in their championship year and moved on the the head coaching job at Arkansas State. In high school he won many state championships using offenses that had not been seen. He is young and very bright. Probably around 40 or so. If the Cards replace Whiz I expect them to make the safe pick using the old boy network. That is the easy way to go and most likely the way the Cards will go.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
First of all, slan...I've been reading your posts today and I think you are making great points---

Part of it, Skelton is trying to find a groove and each play he doesn't have any idea how quickly he has to get rid of the ball.

But today he settled down and we will never know what would have happened to the two drives he had going when Doucet and then Housler dropped the passes.

The pass he threw to Fitz up the sideline was thrown over the corner and underneath the safety, so it was the right kind of throw on a very accurate zone read. Fitz slipped---that's a play he would normally make.

Skelton does lock on...but today he checked off more than usual---again it's part of wondering whether he has 2.1 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Look at the long balls he threw today---and some of the zip intermediate passes he threw to Fitz---he has a big-time arm.

Yes, he has a longer motion than say a Drew Brees, but he's a bigger player.

Today he wasn't rushing it as bad as last week. which was why he was sailing some passes.

But best of all---he's tough. He played with his head up the whole game versus the team that leads the NFL in sacks.

Lots of talk about Skelton today. Is there ANYONE who thinks he will be our QB next year?
We can dissect him from end to end but I believe what my eyes tell me and that he will never be anything more than a backup in the NFL. What about Kolb? Will he ever be healthy all year in an NFL starting position. He has been around nearly 5 years and has yet to prove anything. When do you finally recognize he is not the final answer?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

WR Greg Jennings
WR Jordy Nelson
T Brian Baluga
DT Corey Raji
OLB Chase Matthews
CB Charles Woodson

The play of the game?

Amazingly no challenge ensued and bang the very next play Aaron Rodgers throws a perfect picture fade pass to Randall Cobb, with near perfect coverage by Williams Gay (who played his best game as a Cardinal today)---and Green Bay is Lambeau leaping handily toward an easy win.

Then the Cardinals make it close on two occasions thanks to an outstanding improvised run to the pylon by Hyphen (who again played his heart out today) and a stellar catch and RAC TD by an outstretched Larry Fitzgerald, only to have the defense get run into the ground the first time by James Starks, Randall Cobb (where one time the Cardinals had a NT and no DE to one side of him) and Alex Green and then the second time by surrendering a 72 yard TE seam pass that was so wide open up the middle the TE Crabtree had neither Cardinals' safety within 20 yards of him. The culprit on the play was ILB Paris Lenon who has not been right for basically this whole losing streak---he's not been making plays, he's been late reacting to run and pass...he's clearly playing hurt...but he's still in there because Ray Horton doesn't trust anyone else calling the plays.

As for Horton the luster of his magic has been wearing off in epic proportions---the problem is he is having a very difficult time getting his defensive stars to show up---Darnell Dockett is good for 1-2 plays a game the last 5 weeks...Calais Campbell has been slowed considerably and looks like he is not going to get up every time he makes a tackle...Patrick Peterson had possibly his worst game as a pro last Monday Night and is now a fumbling head-case as punt returner...and Adrian Wilson continues to try to play the safety position by throwing shoulders at runners and not coming anywhere near what would be considered a fundamental tackle. His effort on WR Randall Cobb was about as poor as any defensive safety can make inside the goal line.

Daryl Washington had been the bright spot until today and even he looked half into it out there.

The bright spot was the play of the Cardinal CBs Gay and Fleming, only despite applying almost perfect coverage, they got burned by passes that your or I could only walk over and place right into the perfect spot.

The worst of all was the play of all 4 LB spots---they didn't fill and they didn't cover---they were sitting ducks, basically and sadly O'Brien Schofield who was trying to make an stop got his ankle rolled and may be out for several weeks. In his place, Quentin Groves got some pressure off the edge but he jumped off-sides and didn't play smart on several occasions.

On offense---there was more of a fight to try to win.

John Skelton was given adequate time thanks in part to a surprising personnel shift at LT when rookie Nate Potter was tried and, after a few hiccups early, settled down quite well.

Skelton started to get a little help in the running game, thanks to Hyphen squirting around for as many extra yards as his 5'7" frame would allow---and the big thing was Skelton actually threw a couple of very good deep passes (an anomaly around here this season)---the first to Andre Roberts (who yes was held briefly on the 4th down play late as he tired to gain separation) and the second on a key 4th down to Michael Floyd.

What spoiled Skelton's day were extremely untimely drops on third down plays from Early Doucet and Rob Houlser. Houlser came back to atone for his drop, while Doucet compounded his by making a lame attempt to catch another ball---really about tow of the more lame attempts to catch two perfectly thrown passes as there ever could be.

What also spoiled Skelton's day was getting poor effort from both the guards---Daryn Colledge and Rich Ohrnsberger---so much so I may not be the only one who hopes to see Senio Kelemete start at one of those spots following the bye. Colledge has been horrible for two straight weeks---and he should be the most consistent lineman. Too bad Skelton is still a little too young to get right up into Colledge's face mask---because you know Russ Grimm won't. I have never seen an NFL coach care as little as Russ Grimm---he looks unaffected, like he could give two sheists.

With CKW and Grimm as the main offensive coaches---what free agent QB would ever want to come to Arizona? Seriously.

And then there's Mike Miller who today decided to chew John Skelton's arse out on the sidelines right when all the momentum is on AZ's side as the offense has just marched down to the Packer 11 yard line and with a TD can make it 24-21---and all because Miller was sending new personnel onto the field and the play was coming in late and Skelton couldn't beat the play clock.

Skelton was finally in a groove and looking confident---but hey, Miller, why not rip into him at that moment? Good timing, tough guy.

It also didn't help that the play-calling from Mike Miller through CKW was again about as predictable as 40 degree weather this time of year in Green Bay.

The first play to start the first half? A two yard pass to TE Rob Housler---which I am still not sure what that play accomplishes...and the first play of the second half, the same 2 yard pass play to Housler only this time GB is on to it, jumps the route for a tip and gets an easy interception.

On short yardage plays---running Hyphen not once but twice into the middle on key goal-line plays---Hyphen bailed the coaches out on the first one but no such luck on the second. This play is akin to calling a key 4th down flat pass to Reagan Maui'a with Antoine Winfield of all CBs covering.

From first (4 weeks ago) and heading to worst (5 weeks later)...

I watched the Seahawks in the second game---they are a far superior football team---they play together---they play smart---Marshawn Lynch runs harder than any RB in the NFL today---and they tackle and cover as in sticky cover on defense---they rush you fast off the edges. And the way Russell Wilson is improving---man, he's got the look of something special. He's actually better off playing small, because he has great vision anyway and the defense can't read him. Amazing too that he always seems to be passing through wide open passing lanes, that is if he isn't giving the opponents fits with his scrambling ability. He is so incredibly calm and poised out there.

I actually think the Seahawks could catch the 49ers late in the season---that is if Lynch holds up. That guy is phenomenal. I can't recall ever seeing a RB run as hard and tough as he does. It takes 3 tacklers to bring him down.

Funny that the Seahawks got him in a trade deadline deal that cost them a mere 4th round pick.

That (making a trade deadline deal), as we saw once again even more disconcertedly this year after a 4-0 start and with glaring weaknesses to fix, is not something the Cardinals would care to do---but, hey, as they tell us, "we are always trying to improve our football team."

Lynch may very well be the toughest RB in the NFL to bring down. He runs like a raging bull and I also think Seattle will be in this until the end. He is the guy I would least like to see coming at me as a DB in the open field. He is as likely going to run over you as finesse you and he seldom runs out of bounds. An older version of him is in ST Louis who are going to let him go this year. He is still a force and would be a good pickup for a couple of years.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good post.

Just think you piled on the defense and then lost steam. How can there be 5 paragraphs about a defense that played better than they are getting credit for (how many key 3 & outs did they produce).

And then lost all your venom for the player that deserves it most. Rich Ornberger who was an insult to NFL talent across the league. That guy is a joke of a player.

And I agree about Seattle and Marshawn Lynch. They are going to be tough down the stretch, IMO.

Our game at Seattle will bring back memories of post-2008, and Shaun Alexander running all over us. It is going to be tough to watch, that game is.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
6) we still need a OLB who commands respect & attention every play! Schohawk isn't that good & Acho is an average OLB, nothing more. If the Cards want to have a dominate D, they need a edge rusher who produces every game & makes offenses scheme against him.

Meanwhile my guy Whitney Mercilus has a sack and a forced fumble yesterday playing part time for the Texans and looks like he's going to be a player for years for Houston. However, the more I watch Doucet the more I understand why the Cards thought Floyd was the BPA for them instead of Ingram or Mercilus.

With Fitz being blanketed every snap we should be seeing more of our other WRs being open and getting plays like the long pass to Roberts. But we don't. So with our simple routes and lack of time for the WRs to get open we must have a guy like Floyd who can make catches with DBs all over him. Our new Frank Sanders.

On the other hand with WMercilus, Acho could have moved to the strong side where his steady but unspectacular play would be far more effective, especially vs the run,* and we'd have a playmaking pass rusher on the QBs blind side.

* Since the start of the 2010 season the Cards are now 3-14 in games where the opponent has rushed for over 150 yards. So much for wanting to force the opposition to run the ball to slow down the game and keep it close. (They are 8-3 when opponents are under 100 yards rushing)

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
The fact that they did NOTHING is really depressing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Meanwhile my guy Whitney Mercilus has a sack and a forced fumble yesterday playing part time for the Texans and looks like he's going to be a player for years for Houston. However, the more I watch Doucet the more I understand why the Cards thought Floyd was the BPA for them instead of Ingram or Mercilus.

With Fitz being blanketed every snap we should be seeing more of our other WRs being open and getting plays like the long pass to Roberts. But we don't. So with our simple routes and lack of time for the WRs to get open we must have a guy like Floyd who can make catches with DBs all over him. Our new Frank Sanders.

On the other hand with WMercilus, Acho could have moved to the strong side where his steady but unspectacular play would be far more effective, especially vs the run,* and we'd have a playmaking pass rusher on the QBs blind side.

* Since the start of the 2010 season the Cards are now 3-14 in games where the opponent has rushed for over 150 yards. So much for wanting to force the opposition to run the ball to slow down the game and keep it close. (They are 8-3 when opponents are under 100 yards rushing)

You run when you win; you don't win when you run.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You run when you win; you don't win when you run.

Then teams should have far more yardage against us in the 4th quarter than in the first quarter. I'll check that out.

Did you know that profootball-reference now has the ability to allow you to search for stats for individual plays? Like 3rd downs on the road for instance They give you pass vs run %, average yards to go, pass targets to individual players and carries and yards gained for RBs. Awesome stuff.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
The offensive guards were horrible, but I watched the second half again to see why. My old buddy Sendlien was back to being himself again. Part of the reason the guards were getting blown up on plays out of the shotgun is because he was tipping the snap again. If you doubt it, just go back and look. The packer center did not tip the play but ours does. Wish they would fix that.

His name is Jeff Saturday.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
You and I are both on the same page on this. Until Michael Bidwill brings in a real football guy to run the organization (firing Graves) nothing will change.

Maybe we should hire Kurt Warner. Hey John Elway is working for Denver:D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard