PAC 12 Predictions

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah is fool's gold. Still questions at QB.

Booker is the real deal. Guess we will see how good they are this weekend against Oregon in Eugene

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
ASU is going to win the South.

USC is overrated.
Colorado sucks
ASU will beat UCLA and Arizona.

Our offense and defense have to show up.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

USC is overrated.
Colorado sucks

Sure hope it ends up that way. Saturday is the true test for the Devils

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

USC is overrated.
Colorado sucks

I would be shocked if USC scores less than 50 Saturday night. My prediction is USC 55, ASU 24... And it won't even look as close as that ugly score indicates! :mad:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

USC is overrated.
Colorado sucks

You were way off until the bolded.

ASU fans were swimming in the Todd Graham "best team I've ever coached" kool-aid in the offseason, but I have to imagine that lucid ASU fans are understanding there are more questions than answers for this team and the talent level was a bit overstated by the head coach all season.

Here are some games that should really concern ASU fans moving forward:

USC
@UCLA
@UTAH
OREGON
UofA
@CAL

In order to be in contention to win the South, you HAVE to go 4-2 in the aforementioned games. You think the current state of ASU football can go 4-2 in these six games?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

USC is overrated.
Colorado sucks

Love your confidence!

As for me, I am going to hold my fire at this point until ASU shows me more. The defense seems to be playing well for the most part, but the offense really needs to find some consistency. We played the last game without 5 key players, and it looks like more got banged up on Saturday. So I hope ASU lives up to your confidence, but I am a bit more from Missouri now at this stage.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You were way off until the bolded.

ASU fans were swimming in the Todd Graham "best team I've ever coached" kool-aid in the offseason, but I have to imagine that lucid ASU fans are understanding there are more questions than answers for this team and the talent level was a bit overstated by the head coach all season.

Here are some games that should really concern ASU fans moving forward:

USC
@UCLA
@UTAH
OREGON
UofA
@CAL

In order to be in contention to win the South, you HAVE to go 4-2 in the aforementioned games. You think the current state of ASU football can go 4-2 in these six games?

How do you expect UofA to fare against its tough opponents?

Looks like you have

UCLA
@Stanford
@Washington
@USC
Utah
@ ASU

I hear you guys talking a lot about ASU, but not much about your own team. I think you may surprise UCLA and their young quarterback at home next week, but Stanford, USC, Utah and ASU are going to be real challenging.

TJ

Reaction score

Looks like you have

UCLA
@Stanford
@Washington
@USC
Utah
@ ASU

I hear you guys talking a lot about ASU, but not much about your own team. I think you may surprise UCLA and their young quarterback at home next week, but Stanford, USC, Utah and ASU are going to be real challenging.

First off, I'm not the one boasting that my team is going to win the South. I do think the hyperbole and subsequent chicken little attitude is hysterical. I try to put the rivalry aside on this board, but man, that was comic gold.

I've been moderate about Arizona all season. We're better than ASU fans wanted to admit. I was vocal about that and found it laughable. If you could read between the lines of my commentary the past month, I was leaning UCLA because I wanted to see what Chosen Rosen could do. He looks very good, which is scary for both Arizona teams.

As for the games you mentioned, I'd say we have about a 50-65% chance in each game except for UCLA and USC. That does not mean we're going 4-2 or 5-1, but anything is possible.

From a psychological standpoint, however, I'd venture to guess that the Arizona players feel better about their chances than the Arizona State players.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First off, I'm not the one boasting that my team is going to win the South. I do think the hyperbole and subsequent chicken little attitude is hysterical. I try to put the rivalry aside on this board, but man, that was comic gold.

I've been moderate about Arizona all season. We're better than ASU fans wanted to admit is the only rhetoric I was vocal about and found laughable, but if you could read between the lines of my commentary the past month, I was leaning UCLA because I wanted to see what Chosen Rosen could do. He looks very good, which is scary for both Arizona teams.

As for the games you mentioned, I'd say we have about a 50-65% chance of winning every game except for UCLA and USC. That does not mean we're going 4-2 or 5-1, but anything is possible.

From a psychological standpoint, however, I'd venture to guess that the Arizona players feel better about their chances than the Arizona State players.

you sure talk some smack for someone just asking you about your teams games

TJ

Reaction score
you sure talk some smack for someone just asking you about your teams games

If it sounds like I'm talking smack, you only have your coach and QB to blame for pushing the hype train so hard for this team, and then listening to everyone jumping ship. It also stems from your boy FArting guaranteeing victory against UCLA, USC, and Arizona.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Looks like you have

UCLA
@Stanford
@Washington
@USC
Utah
@ ASU

At best 4-2 and at worst 2-4. Probably around an 8 win season like pretty much all Arizona fans have said here the whole time. I doubt you'll ever find an Arizona fan openly talk about the playoffs anytime soon, unlike you guys we're realistic about our place in college football pecking order.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is your expectation for UCLA v. Arizona on Saturday? Solomon is pretty tough.

Apparently Adams is going to not get serious charges but I see no way UCLA would reinstate him in time for the next game. So the CB issue is still there.

I expect UCLA will have trouble covering the UA Wr's, Moreau has a bad foot and Rios was in and out the whole 4th quarter, not clear what was wrong the announcers didn't seem to know.

My issue with UCLA is the Wr's, they're not that good. Payton is good but slow, I like Mossy Johnson but he's inconsistent, the rest right now are either fast with no hands(Walker) or just not very good. Rosen is hopefully going to allow them to recruit better Wr's, the ones they have right now aren't really good enough to take full advantage of him.

I would assume UA will take from the BYU game, if you get Rosen out of the pocket he will make mistakes. He's still learning what you can get away with in HS you can't in college.

I haven't really watched UA this year, last couple of years it seemed UCLA was able to run all over them but that was largely Jack and Hundley. It's going to be Rosen's first conference road start I would say I expect a high scoring game and UA probably has a slight edge because of the experience of Solomon.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it sounds like I'm talking smack, you only have your coach and QB to blame for pushing the hype train so hard for this team, and then listening to everyone jumping ship. It also stems from your boy FArting guaranteeing victory against UCLA, USC, and Arizona.

:lol:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Adams is going to not get serious charges but I see no way UCLA would reinstate him in time for the next game. So the CB issue is still there.

Color me surprised, and disappointed.

Adams has been reinstated and will presumably play Saturday.

The only excuse they have is Fabian Moreau is out for the year now and they will see if he can qualify for a medical redshirt. But still disappointed they reinstated Adams this fast, for an upper classmen to do something that stupid(and dangerous) I don't get letting him back so quickly.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The PAC12 looks really interesting. ASU was definitely overhyped and overrated to start the year.

Arizona I still just dont know how good they are, UCLA will be a good indicator.

UCLA looked like they were going to be good but they are just decimated by injuries ATM.

USC again looked overhyped and overrated.

Stanford isn't that good they are just a spoiler.

I think in the end, Oregon will run the table, will win the PAC 12, the committee will overlook the loss to MSU and they will be in the playoffs again.

I'm very disappointed in the Devils thus far. ::(

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The PAC12 looks really interesting. ASU was definitely overhyped and overrated to start the year.

Arizona I still just dont know how good they are, UCLA will be a good indicator.

UCLA looked like they were going to be good but they are just decimated by injuries ATM.

USC again looked overhyped and overrated.

Stanford isn't that good they are just a spoiler.

I think in the end, Oregon will run the table, will win the PAC 12, the committee will overlook the loss to MSU and they will be in the playoffs again.

I'm very disappointed in the Devils thus far. ::(

Not so sure about Oregon being in the playoffs... If Notre Dame finishes with one loss or goes undefeated, they will likely stiff-arm any Pac-12 team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight glimmer of hope on Myles Jack. His mom posted something on BRO and Twitter that suggests they think he might not be done for the year.

Right now they're saying meniscus tear, out for the year. So people are speculating the initial out for the year was assuming the knee was worse than it turned out to be. Now that he's had the surgery the kid thinks he may be back this year but UCLA doesn't want to say anything publicly because it might actually be in the kids best interests long term to not come back until next season.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Holy crap was I wrong about Oregon. Way to go Utah!

I see UofA laid their annual egg. Bummer.

UCLA looks pretty good if they Can get healthy they look pretty legit.

TJ

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I whiffed on Utah

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The world is upside down.

Utah and Cal both undefeated atop the PAC12! I'll take Utah in their matchup next week.

Stanford is playing great and should take the North if this trend continues.

The South is where things are crazy, one would expect Utah to get at least one more loss in future games against ASU, USC @Arizona, and UCLA

USC still has Utah, Notre Dame, and finishes the season with Oregon and UCLA.

UCLA has Stanford, Utah, USC

ASU has a tough but manageble go with @ Utah, Oregon, @WSU, Arizona, @ Cal

---

Sorry Wildcats, I just don't think you are in the conversation with your QB out. And your D has given up 56 points the last couple of games which doesn't bode well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard