Our franchise QB

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Larry just said KM is not a leader. Not directly but he made his feelings known. Teammates respect McCoy more than KM.
the fact he is lined up to get 1/4 $B can only help with the teammates as he sits out with a soft tissue injury or scared. if they tank which they probably will. You need to draft another QB and trade this clown to anyone willing to take on that contract even if you have to throw in picks to do it

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a lot of problems going into this offseason but I think the biggest (as things stand) is how do you attract FA talent to come here next season with such a massive cloud over the QB position?

When FA's are looking to go to a team that might contend they look at who the starting QB is first and foremost. Does that guy give me a shot to compete? There is so much negativity around Kyler at the moment. Going back to last March and his contract demands, all through camp, his level of play...there hasn;t been a single positive thing around him all year.

He's become a running social media joke. He's the QB that plays MW instead of studying. He's the 3 S's. Small, soft and sulky.

They need Kyler's head back in the game as much for this reason as they need his talent at QB. He's so far down a dark hole right now it's hard to see a way out.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There are a lot of problems going into this offseason but I think the biggest (as things stand) is how do you attract FA talent to come here next season with such a massive cloud over the QB position?

When FA's are looking to go to a team that might contend they look at who the starting QB is first and foremost. Does that guy give me a shot to compete? There is so much negativity around Kyler at the moment. Going back to last March and his contract demands, all through camp, his level of play...there hasn;t been a single positive thing around him all year.

He's become a running social media joke. He's the QB that plays MW instead of studying. He's the 3 S's. Small, soft and sulky.

They need Kyler's head back in the game as much for this reason as they need his talent at QB. He's so far down a dark hole right now it's hard to see a way out.
This is a bit of overreaction. The only players the Cardinals are signing on offense are OL.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He is quickly becoming the shorter version of Ryan Leaf.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brit, this team and front office need to realize we are at least 3 years away from competing. We need AT LEAST 5-6 impact players which simply can’t be done with free agents. The cap won’t allow it. Draft picks from 2-4 years ago are players that should be blossoming right now.
Keim is like the little boy trying plug 10 holes with 5 fingers. He attempts to patch holes with spit and glue. He has failed to impose an identity on either side of the ball.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a bit of overreaction. The only players the Cardinals are signing on offense are OL.

You don't think a pass rusher considers who the QB is? I've heard pass rushers (or other great defensive players) say they chose a team because of the quarterback. They are the most crucial player on the team.

Right now Kyler is not a draw to this team. He's the opposite.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is a pretty naive post. The only thing free agents care about is the money. If the money is even, then PT comes in. If the money and playing opportunity are even, then it's how many dudes you went to college with on the roster.

THEN, maybe, it's QB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't think a pass rusher considers who the QB is? I've heard pass rushers (or other great defensive players) say they chose a team because of the quarterback. They are the most crucial player on the team.

Right now Kyler is not a draw to this team. He's the opposite.

I recall JJ Watt signing somewhere and saying he did it because of the QB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even if true, you still think he's glad he chose to come here?

probably not now but that's how spectacularly sad the collapse has been. Not even 2 years ago March 2021

J.J. Watt told reporters on Tuesday that one of the reasons he signed with the Arizona Cardinals was because of quarterback Kyler Murray.

"I'm here because I believe in you," Watt said he told Murray via text.

He also called him a "young, extremely talented quarterback" during his introductory press conference.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The realistic way to approach this argument is that FAs sign with teams to win or to get paid. The best way to approach FA is to sign players to contracts they can outperform. Generally this happens when players like the environment of the team, the players on the team, and a winning culture. With Kyler playing at the level he is currently, he is not a draw because we can't win with him playing at this level. That leaves our other draw as money. Well, Kyler's contract makes it very tough to be able to pay the top dollar it takes to outbid other teams for top players.

This is the pickle we are in and how Kyler is a part of it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
probably not now but that's how spectacularly sad the collapse has been. Not even 2 years ago March 2021

J.J. Watt told reporters on Tuesday that one of the reasons he signed with the Arizona Cardinals was because of quarterback Kyler Murray.

"I'm here because I believe in you," Watt said he told Murray via text.

He also called him a "young, extremely talented quarterback" during his introductory press conference.
He also believed in the TExans so his judgement may be a little suss.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the fact he is lined up to get 1/4 $B can only help with the teammates as he sits out with a soft tissue injury or scared. if they tank which they probably will. You need to draft another QB and trade this clown to anyone willing to take on that contract even if you have to throw in picks to do it
Any more great wisdom TROLL?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is brutal stuff against Kyler. Some of it coming from Larry Fitzgerald, the Goldest Golden Child. Oof.

For those wanting to listen it starts the juicy stuff about Kyler around the 2:40 mark….. smh oooooof BRUTAL

This is brutal

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Larry just said KM is not a leader. Not directly but he made his feelings known. Teammates respect McCoy more than KM.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know the guarantee salaries but there are players not worthy a roster spot next season
Offensive line i will keep just Hernandez Humphries Hayes and Lecitus Smith

Defensive line, ok extending Allen and giving one year deal to Watt, then keep Lawrence who seems the only one adequate to be a rotational guy
I think at cb we are fine
Safety is solid
Lbs Collins and Simmons then cut gardeck and golden, the 2 olb rookies can give good depth but we need two starters
Tigh end ok,ertz is good, max Williams after the acl need one more year, Mcbride didn't show nothing to say he is worth the second round pick but can surely improve
Running back, ask Conner a paycut, he can play just short yards situation
Ingram doesn't seem good at all
Williams was fine but cause of injuries played few snaps
Priorities
Righ tackle
Center
DT
NT
SOLB
WOLB

ah, more important, Bidwill needs to fire Keim, add a competent gm and giving him carte blanche
Bidwill must realize he is not football business smart, he must be the chairman, that's all

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know the guarantee salaries but there are players not worthy a roster spot next season
Offensive line i will keep just Hernandez Humphries Hayes and Lecitus Smith

Defensive line, ok extending Allen and giving one year deal to Watt, then keep Lawrence who seems the only one adequate to be a rotational guy
I think at cb we are fine
Safety is solid
Lbs Collins and Simmons then cut gardeck and golden, the 2 olb rookies can give good depth but we need two starters
Tigh end ok,ertz is good, max Williams after the acl need one more year, Mcbride didn't show nothing to say he is worth the second round pick but can surely improve
Running back, ask Conner a paycut, he can play just short yards situation
Ingram doesn't seem good at all
Williams was fine but cause of injuries played few snaps
Priorities
Righ tackle
Center
DT
NT
SOLB
WOLB

ah, more important, Bidwill needs to fire Keim, add a competent gm and giving him carte blanche
Bidwill must realize he is not football business smart, he must be the chairman, that's all

Too much faith in M.B.

A loser owner and a loser organization is all that this will ever be. We just have to get lucky with lightning in a bottle seasons, but I'm not holding my breath.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a pretty naive post. The only thing free agents care about is the money. If the money is even, then PT comes in. If the money and playing opportunity are even, then it's how many dudes you went to college with on the roster.

THEN, maybe, it's QB.

That's obviously not the case. We saw dozens of FA's sign for the Patriots below market rate because they had a shot at a ring.

The "Keim time" signings Keim made during the 2014 and 2015 season that no longer exist happened because the team was more attractive to FA's.

Money is a major factor sure. But we hear about players all the time choosing a shot at a ring over money. Especially vets that have already been well paid.

OBJ did it last year and will likely do it again this year. If it was only about money he'd already be signed.

Hell, it might be an even bigger problem signing our own FA's like Allen and Murphy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose