Our franchise QB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rush per game for Kyler is 6.2 this season and last which is more than his rookie year and less than his second year. No idea where it ranks amongst other QBs.
Which really kinda means he isn’t rushing less than normal. And I’ll still bet it’s higher than 2/3rds of QBs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No I’m good I’m not talking about his unnecessary panicked scrambles which he does more of now.

Look up amount of designed runs this year compared to his first two seasons if it’s possible and let me know what you find. If it’s on par or close I’ll eat some crow.

I’m betting it’s far less.
A run is a run. Regardless if it’s planned or otherwise. If he didn’t want to run he could take a knee. This bifurcation is silly.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arguing Kyler's stats is like herding cats, they run off in many random directions depending on who is arguing. There are no stats that make up for his horrendous regression the second half of last season and into this season. He has simply sucked.

Also, he is getting close to perennial injury prone status. His contract may end up being the worst signing in history before it's all over. I know that's hyperbolic but it's not looking real smart so far.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing Kyler's stats is like herding cats, they run off in many random directions depending on who is arguing. There are no stats that make up for his horrendous regression the second half of last season and into this season. He has simply sucked.

Also, he is getting close to perennial injury prone status. His contract may end up being the worst signing in history before it's all over. I know that's hyperbolic but it's not looking real smart so far.

Word

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Proceeded by the extension of tweedledee and tweedledum, which was far worse. Kyler had to get extended after them, otherwise it would be 100% idiotic to extend those two and not Kyler.

But now we got all three and a very hot mess because the big man himself proves himself to be one of the worst owners in the league with the first two extensions in the first place, among other things.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Considering Kyler is still this team's leading rusher in Week 11, I'm not sure his perceived lack of rushing yards is the issue here.

Perhaps we should look more to the RB who was guaranteed $13.5 million this year and looks like he's slower than Tom Brady.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Which really kinda means he isn’t rushing less than normal. And I’ll still bet it’s higher than 2/3rds of QBs.
His best season was his second season which he played 16 games and had his highest rush attempts per game at 8.3. His 6.2 the past two seasons have been much closer to his rookie year of 5.8. The issue is that he is rushing less and declining as a passer.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering Kyler is still this team's leading rusher in Week 11, I'm not sure his perceived lack of rushing yards is the issue here.

Perhaps we should look more to the RB who was guaranteed $13.5 million this year and looks like he's slower than Tom Brady.
Yep and when Kyler is playing KK tries to run an unsustainable aerial attack instead of a more balanced game like last week! Our rushing attack is as bad as our Oline, no consistency at all. Couple that with a bipolar play caller and watch a season play out like it has…

Reactions: urs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rush per game for Kyler is 6.2 this season and last which is more than his rookie year and less than his second year. No idea where it ranks amongst other QBs.

Out record is something like 10-1 when Kyler rushes 10 or more. So of course it's only 6.2.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The rushing is an issue for Kyler because his passing stats are worse than his rookie season.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The main thing that stands out is the complete lack of downfield passing. I know it's been said before.

Some could say it's scheme, sure. But there have been plenty of opportunities to throw downfield, even if they fall incomplete or intercepted, there's just been so few attempts, I think lowest in the league in 20+ attempts.

We won many big games last year, etc with those plays and became part of our electric offense. There's just been nothing there, is Kyler really gun shy this year? And why?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Proceeded by the extension of tweedledee and tweedledum, which was far worse. Kyler had to get extended after them, otherwise it would be 100% idiotic to extend those two and not Kyler.

But now we got all three and a very hot mess because the big man himself proves himself to be one of the worst owners in the league with the first two extensions in the first place, among other things.
I don't agree. They had him for 3 more years. No need to give in at all. He had NO leverage, only histrionics and attacks through his agent. But, again, another herding cats argument that won't be won on either side . :)

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't agree. They had him for 3 more years. No need to give in at all. He had NO leverage, only histrionics and attacks through his agent. But, again, another herding cats argument that won't be won on either side . :)
Kyler shouldn't have gotten extended is right, but it was 1 more year then the 5th year option, not 3. Most QB's get extended before the 5th, so it was 1 year "early."

But, you are gunna extend an unproven par to subpar coach and par to sub par GM and not your #1 overall pick QB? It's not like he's Zach Wilson here. The franchise would be a bigger clown show extending those two and not him.

The cap is increasing considerably soon and I don't think anyone could have truly anticipated this kind of collapse. His numbers won't look crazy in a couple years, it only looks that way now.

If they waited another year and even if Kyler was only decent, his extension would be much more than it is now. Did you follow the Dak extension? Cowboys lost like close to 5-10 million a year by waiting that extra year to sign him. That's the gamble.

Unless you feel he's not the answer at QB, which M.B. most absolutely does, you pay him now cause he would 100% be more expensive, as the cap and QB salaries are increasing every year. Do you think Keim and KK havd a job outside Kyler?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 more year than the 5th is three…. This season hadent started yet. This, next and the tag year.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes you wait even with their extensions. Kyler‘s complete and utter collapse in the last six weeks and the playoff game showed that he needed to prove much more before getting a quarter billion dollar extension.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler shouldn't have gotten extended is right, but it was 1 more year then the 5th year option, not 3. Most QB's get extended before the 5th, so it was 1 year "early."

But, you are gunna extend an unproven par to subpar coach and par to sub par GM and not your #1 overall pick QB? It's not like he's Zach Wilson here. The franchise would be a bigger clown show extending those two and not him.

The cap is increasing considerably soon and I don't think anyone could have truly anticipated this kind of collapse. His numbers won't look crazy in a couple years, it only looks that way now.

If they waited another year and even if Kyler was only decent, his extension would be much more than it is now. Did you follow the Dak extension? Cowboys lost like close to 5-10 million a year by waiting that extra year to sign him. That's the gamble.

Unless you feel he's not the answer at QB, which M.B. most absolutely does, you pay him now cause he would 100% be more expensive, as the cap and QB salaries are increasing every year. Do you think Keim and KK havd a job outside Kyler?
5th year option and 2 franchise tags=3 years if they needed to.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
5th year option and 2 franchise tags=3 years if they needed to.
Why are we counting potential franchise tags? That's not under contract. If we are franchise tag him twice then we have bigger issues.

After contract, he into his 4th year with 5th year option there. Most of the QB's are getting extended after their 4th year. We did after his 3rd, which is not unheard of. Besides salary cap is going to explode soon.

Yeah, I would 100% prefer to wait a year, but why extend Keim and Kliff and not your QB? Their contracts were not expiring either. Keim extended Kyler, so even if you dislike the Kyler extension, it's still on Keim, which his extension is on M.B.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why are we counting potential franchise tags? That's not under contract. If we are franchise tag him twice then we have bigger issues.

After contract, he into his 4th year with 5th year option there. Most of the QB's are getting extended after their 4th year. We did after his 3rd, which is not unheard of. Besides salary cap is going to explode soon.

Yeah, I would 100% prefer to wait a year, but why extend Keim and Kliff and not your QB? Their contracts were not expiring either. Keim extended Kyler, so even if you dislike the Kyler extension, it's still on Keim, which his extension is on M.B.
OK. We will agree to disagree. Not going down this rabbit hole any longer. He got his bag so it’s all moot anyway.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. We will agree to disagree. Not going down this rabbit hole any longer. He got his bag so it’s all moot anyway.

This is it in the end time for him to show he deserved it. 1/4 billion mean zero excuses.

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a rabbit hole?

Don't tell me you are a F.O. apologist. The only thing worse than a Kyler apologist.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a rabbit hole?

Don't tell me you are a F.O apologist. Only thing worse than a Kyler apologist.
LOL. Not at all. The thread is “Our Franchise QB”. A F.O. Discussion is a rabbit hole in the context of this thread.

Now, if you want a discussion of “Our F.O.” Then we can discuss how putrid they are (and that includes “Our Franchise QB” and his insane extension.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL. Not at all. The thread is “Our Franchise QB”. A F.O. Discussion is a rabbit hole in the context of this thread.

Now, if you want a discussion of “Our F.O.” Then we can discuss how putrid they are (and that includes “Our Franchise QB” and his insane extension.
I see. Discussing Kyler's extension without the other two seems like a waste of time considering the context of the situation.

In a vacuum, his contract isn't justified, as reasons you have stated. But there's been no decent argument presented thus far, in general, how his contract isn't justified after the other two were extended.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I see. Discussing Kyler's extension without the other two seems like a waste of time considering the context of the situation.

In a vacuum, his contract isn't justified, as reasons you have stated. But there's been no decent argument presented thus far, in general, how his contract isn't justified after the other two were extended.
Fair enough.