Our franchise QB

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler hasn’t been good this season. Outside against the Saints, Colt played had a better game today than Kyler has all year.

Now, playing against SF where their offense won’t keep their defense on the field for long stretches of time will really be eye-opening on how the offense looks.

I don’t think Kliff & Kyler don’t fit each other. Kliff wants to dunk & dunk it while Kyler wants to go for the long bombs. It’s to the point where I think Jimmy G would fit Kliff’s offense better than Kyler, but that doesn’t make Jimmy a better QB than Kyler.
That Jimmy G thing is actually pretty good observation. You are probably right

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He literally says "What are you seeing?" and "I was open".

Hopkins has never done this before. He's getting frustrated. He knows.

I thought Kyler said "what you seeing" and then D Hop said I was open?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He literally says "What are you seeing?" and "I was open".

Hopkins has never done this before. He's getting frustrated. He knows.
Hopkins has been known to say such things though that has not been privy to audio, but I trust the past QBs who says he is always coming up to them and saying he is open. This is nothing new, top WRs feel they are always open and that is cool. Kyler has been a problem, McCoy exposed that today, but that is no reason to prompt the narrative with that unproven statement

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Please stop comparing some non comparative situations, Tua, Hurts, Geno all have running games and much better Olines and surrounding cast, also much MUCH better coaching of course they look more successful at the MOMENT! Who honestly thinks Geno will keep this up long term? The eagles haven’t played anyone yet worth a damn, and Tua got two of the best receivers in the game and still not dominating anyone. QB play across the league looks wacky this season these QBs are playing well while guys like Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, Allen aren’t killing it, just a weird year so far but the cream usually rises eventually. Kyler is playing poorly but we know he CAN play if not in a disaster situation which we’ve been much of the season!
Nashman, there are no teams in this league that the eagles can't beat. I hate them more that any sports team on this earth, but this narrrative that the eagles haven't played anyone is weak. They smashed the Vikings who are 8-1 and just beat the AFC favorite. They have all of the requisite attributes to beat any team in the NFL, even the Chiefs and Bills who I believe both are better than the eagles.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nashman, there are no teams in this league that the eagles can't beat. I hate them more that any sports team on this earth, but this narrrative that the eagles haven't played anyone is weak. They smashed the Vikings who are 8-1 and just beat the AFC favorite. They have all of the requisite attributes to beat any team in the NFL, even the Chiefs and Bills who I believe both are better than the eagles.
Ok they beat one hood team lol they still have an extremely weak schedule so again big deal. And the Vikings are a pretender as well we suck and should have beat them… they are comparable to the Giants some how’s some way just winning games but hardly dominate.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weirdest element in all of this is the the club have worked with him for 3 years and they felt they needed to put a study clause in his deal. So why did they do the deal?

Was it just coming off an 11-6 everyone was a bit high and felt that 11-6 proved he was good enough and that the flaws didn't matter?

You mentioned the dumbing down the offense rumors from his first year as starter. Then rumors from the combine were that his leadership and knowledge were lacking and his board work had been really poor. And we have seen all that play out in the NFL. Those rumors STILL persist about his leadership and understanding of the game.

Makes you wonder why they paid all that money out.

Feels like Field of Dreams "If you pay him, he will get better"

To be clear I said this at the time so this is NOT hindsight. Kliff and Keim had 5 year deals. If the problem is that Kyler is uncoachable or Kyler is not able to run the offense without it being "dumbed down" why in the world did we sign him to an extension? Why didn't Kliff walk in with his new 5 year deal and tell his GM I love the kid but he's not the guy, we should make it appear like there's a rift, if you want to throw me under the bus do it, but we should trade him to Dallas or somewhere else now.

They both had new 5 year deals they were safe enough with Mike Bidwill that they could have gone to him and said that. So that tells me even after 3 years they did NOT feel that to be the case. So if it is the case, they were wrong about a guy they had 3 years with, if it's not the case and Kyler is just in a funk we have to find a way to fix it.

Colt was nice today but again his history says if he starts 2 more games he won't finish the 2nd one he'll get hurt. He's 37, you're NOT benching Kyler Murray for him.

But I do have to say if Colt and the offense looks good again next week(if he's playing) or if the offense looks like manure next week and Kyler is playing, I'm going to think long and hard this offseason how we can get the Colts or some other team to make a David Johnson type deal for Kyler.

I don't WANT to trade him, I don't honestly think we will have to trade him. But if Kyler was half as efficient and poised as Colt was today, with his arm and his legs, he'd the franchise QB we all want him to be

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a sane world, Kyler Murray would not have been extended and would have to play for a contract…

To be honest that was never an option though. If we didn't extend him it would have led to a holdout likely.

Again if we didn't think he was the guy we should have used his social media and agent stuff as a cover to trade him, we are at an impasse, we're going to trade him. It wasn't a good QB draft so I don't know what you do get picks go with McCoy and sign a backup better than mcSorley for when McCoy gets hurt.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Making the durability case w/r/t Kyler is pretty embarrassing, no?
Not at all, as much as he has to run and gets sacked and knocked around being injured 9 games is not that bad. Not to mention I’m sure he could have went if it was playoff type game. They playing it safe with him rightfully so. You think Colt would still be standing after 9 games lol joke…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
To be honest that was never an option though. If we didn't extend him it would have led to a holdout likely.

Again if we didn't think he was the guy we should have used his social media and agent stuff as a cover to trade him, we are at an impasse, we're going to trade him. It wasn't a good QB draft so I don't know what you do get picks go with McCoy and sign a backup better than mcSorley for when McCoy gets hurt.
Not for long. What was he going to do, hold out for three seasons? He had no leverage whatsoever.

It was a giant, glaring mistake. Everyone saying "it was never an option" are just being delusional. Three years of team control. Three.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s one game against a shambles rams team slow your roll geesh…

Maybe. But it's hard to deny that things looked a little smoother and a little more consistent on offense then what we've seen the first nine games.

Look nashman.. Murray has it all in front of him. He's got the long-term commitment from the team. He's got all the talent in the world. He's got a legion of fans that want him to succeed.

Now it's up to him to find a way to lead those men around him to a championship.

For example, if (and hypothetically) AJ Green makes catches for McCoy that he doesn't make for Murray, it's up to Murray to find a way to get AJ to perform that same for him as he does for McCoy. Full stop nashman, and it's non-negotiable. Find a way Kyler. It's not magic. It's leadership. It's being a leader. It's hard, but it's not impossible.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL!! You've seen Keim these past years and you think THAT is the biggest mistake?! Whew, you Kyler haters are something else
Yes. Giving a player 250 mil who is barely a league average player, injury prone, soft, and not a leader is a big mistake. More than squandering 1st round picks.