Our franchise QB

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally has the worst situational awareness ever…

That’s two games now this season that has dearly cost us. Not running and sliding Outabounds in an earlier game costing us valuable time.

Now here literally sliding before the first down when he had plenty of space to make it and then spiking it on third down making us go for a kick with a street kicker signed four days ago…. UNREAL. A $240 million quarterback should know better.
Horrible. Just horrible.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's no excuse. KM immediately called for a spike play after he got up. He didn;t look around to check anything.
Absolutely And you should be conferring with the refs and looking at the sticks not some scoreboard operators assumption

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The "executive decision" to slide with the game on the line leaves a bad taste.

The erroneous spiking of the ball wasn't all on Murray. It's the job of the play caller to know the down and distance to go. Somebody screwed up royally in the coaching box.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with the points made, but I went ballistic when KK used his final timeout to freeze a kicker on a chip shot.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "executive decision" to slide with the game on the line leaves a bad taste.

The erroneous spiking of the ball wasn't all on Murray. It's the job of the play caller to know the down and distance to go. Somebody screwed up royally in the coaching box.

Kyler needs to have the same awareness… 10000%

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
PASCH on the broadcast said it was used at that point. If not, when exactly was it used?

Is an injury timeout debited at that point in a game?
Under two minutes a player injured is an auto timeout. Jalen was down with the wind knocked out of him and received medical attention on the field.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Murray need to seriously considering he must run more, when he does the offense can be almost unstoppable, a injury can happen but he can't be successful playing at 70%

He has a lot more to figure out than when to run. He doesn’t go under center, he overthrows receivers, he looks unprepared in the first quarter and he shows poor leadership and a bad attitude.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Under two minutes a player injured is an auto timeout. Jalen was down with the wind knocked out of him and received medical attention on the field.

I know that Jalen was down but are you saying that in these circumstances, a team automatically loses a timeout?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You are aware that due to the playcall that even with a first down and spike we basically had two very low percentage plays left to win the game from 25 yards. The draw call meant we were kicking with the bum.

Kyler’s spike was dumb but at end of the day our bum kicker was likely yanking it anyways.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are aware that due to the playcall that even with a first down and spike we basically had two very low percentage plays left to win the game from 25 yards. The draw call meant we were kicking with the bum.

Kyler’s spike was dumb but at end of the day our bum kicker was likely yanking it anyways.

If he would’ve got the first like he should’ve they would’ve easily had enough time for 2 More Plays to try to get a closer and make it easier for the kicker sure he may still have missed but the odds would’ve been better.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If he would’ve got the first like he should’ve they would’ve easily had enough time for 2 More Plays to try to get a closer and make it easier for the kicker sure he may still have missed but the odds would’ve been better.
Or, maybe take a shot or two into the endzone?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Through the years I’ve encountered a few guys whose love for the game left them with an instinctive sense of how to play the game. That is not how I see Murray, though it may well be how he sees himself. He seems to fancy himself as a natural star. Someone who is destined for great things. He plays a contact sport while being adverse to contact. Sure there’s an injury risk but in true instinctive players, they do whatever it takes to win. They don‘t lose control of their emotions and repeatedly throw high. They don’t fail to note where the first down line is. They don’t get confused by the clock. They play to win at all costs, even when their personal safety is at risk. Murray clearly sees his personal welfare as paramount. He will win some games. He is a great athlete, but I don’t see him as a good enough QB to take the Cards much further than he has. He seems to be in it for himself.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Through the years I’ve encountered a few guys whose love for the game left them with an instinctive sense of how to play the game. That is not how I see Murray, though it may well be how he sees himself. He seems to fancy himself as a natural star. Someone who is destined for great things. He plays a contact sport while being adverse to contact. Sure there’s an injury risk but in true instinctive players, they do whatever it takes to win. They don‘t lose control of their emotions and repeatedly throw high. They don’t fail to note where the first down line is. They don’t get confused by the clock. They play to win at all costs, even when their personal safety is at risk. Murray clearly sees his personal welfare as paramount. He will win some games. He is a great athlete, but I don’t see him as a good enough QB to take the Cards much further than he has. He seems to be in it for himself.
100% this

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He was snide in the post-game interview. He kept saying “everyone was yelling clock” And refused to take any accountability. He kept using the terms “we“ and ”everybody.” Not a leader. I was hoping to see him a little more humble. He clearly missed this learning opportunity