Our franchise QB

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Think I'll have some of that left over risotto my wife brought back from the restaurant last night.

You guys get it all worked out yet? :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone just see Mahommes run with the football and… GASP… go head first to the ground to get more yardage? What is he thinking… HE COULD HAVE DIED!?!?!!!

I mean seriously… if Mahommes can make that look as easy as he did… in the first quarter and come away fine, our “generational” runner should be able to do the same in exact same situations… only at the end of the game when you REALLY need the first down to continue the drive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
no one is talking about anyone else's fandom here but YOU. You know... breaking the Cardinal Rule of the board. But yeah... everyone else is the problem.

Love the distraction techniques when you get called out for being constantly negative.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Anyone just see Mahommes run with the football and… GASP… go head first to the ground to get more yardage? What is he thinking… HE COULD HAVE DIED!?!?!!!

I mean seriously… if Mahommes can make that look as easy as he did… in the first quarter and come away fine, our “generational” runner should be able to do the same in exact same situations… only at the end of the game when you REALLY need the first down to continue the drive.

Drama...as usual.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Franchise QB is on pace for 20 TDs peeps. That in a 17 game season. Yeah, that is sad.
Hurts has 4 in 5 games and people acting like he is MVP lol it’s all perspective. He will have bigger games if we can ever be healthy and have a complete arsenal. All I can say is it’s better to have a talent like him than the garbage we had before. Let him grow and mature and may have a good qb for a decade instead of recycled garbage…

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hurts has 4 in 5 games and people acting like he is MVP lol it’s all perspective. He will have bigger games if we can ever be healthy and have a complete arsenal. All I can say is it’s better to have a talent like him than the garbage we had before. Let him grow and mature and may have a good qb for a decade instead of recycled garbage…
I agree to an extent with you but there are concerns if your 4th year QB has the issues that KM is showing. For the next few years, KM is the guy but right now we may be near KM peak which is kind of worrying.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ummm Hurts has 6 rushing TDs which you can’t discount. How many Kyler got?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurts also has 6 rushing TDs in 5 games and is the head of the snake for one of the best offenses in the league. On pace for 36 TDs and 4600 yards passing and 900 yards rushing with a 97.4 passer rating and throwing at a 67% clip.

Maybe that’s why they’re talking about him as MVP?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm Hurts has 6 rushing TDs which you can’t discount. How many Kyler got?
He also forgot that Hurts has better accuracy, passer rating and leads Kyler in passing yardage by 25 yards per game too.

Oh… and is only in his third year and didn’t come in with anything close to the hype of the 1st pick, generational talent Kyler Murray, who’s either too scared to get the crucial yard needed at the end of the game or has no field awareness where the line to gain is.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hurts also has 6 rushing TDs in 5 games and is the head of the snake for one of the best offenses in the league. On pace for 36 TDs and 4600 yards passing and 900 yards rushing with a 97.4 passer rating and throwing at a 67% clip.

Hurts also has a fantastic OL and AJ Brown. Kyler played better than Hurts could dream of through 8 games last season until Hopkins went down. Let's see what Hurts does without AJB. Wait, we saw that last year and Hurts sucked.

But this board will always compare Kyler to whoever the flavor of the week is, so he can never reach your standards. What happened to all of the Joe Burrow comparisons? He's playing like **** so we find whoever is doing well and blame Kyler for not doing better than that. Goofy behavior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurts also has a fantastic OL and AJ Brown.

But this board will always compare Kyler to whoever the flavor of the week is, so he can never reach your standards. What happened to all of the Joe Burrow comparisons? He's playing like **** so we find whoever is doing well and blame Kyler for not doing better than that. Clown behavior.
Can you honestly look in a mirror and tell yourself Kyler is playing good football? That he is playing up to the contract he just signed?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you honestly look in a mirror and tell yourself Kyler is playing good football? That he is playing up to the contract he just signed?

No, especially yesterday when his accuracy was off. But I don't think there's a quarterback out there who would look meaningfully better with this supporting cast and offensive coach. We'll see if Hopkins return can fix that. I sure as **** don't think we would be 5-0 with Jalen Hurts.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hurts also has a fantastic OL and AJ Brown. Kyler played better than Hurts could dream of through 8 games last season until Hopkins went down. Let's see what Hurts does without AJB. Wait, we saw that last year and Hurts sucked.

But this board will always compare Kyler to whoever the flavor of the week is, so he can never reach your standards. What happened to all of the Joe Burrow comparisons? He's playing like **** so we find whoever is doing well and blame Kyler for not doing better than that. Goofy behavior.
I think the disappointing thing is Kyler simply isnt good this year. Cause if he was we'd probably be 4-1 right now.

He's actually 12th in QBR right now. However, that goes to show much of a down year this has been for QBs cause its his lowest QBR ever(52). And the Geno Smith's of the world are playing way over their head.

Burrow is getting the benefit of his Super Bowl run. Cause if they lost in the first round he'd probably be getting the Kyler treatment. For them to have Jamar Chase they should be playing better.

I need Kyler to be better than average. Especially with the new deal. I think we win if he hits that pass Ertz. We had them on the ropes.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the disappointing thing is Kyler simply isnt good this year. Cause if he was we'd probably be 4-1 right now.

He's actually 12th in QBR right now. However, that goes to show much of a down year this has been for QBs cause its his lowest QBR ever(52). And the Geno Smith's of the world are playing way over their head.

Burrow is getting the benefit of his Super Bowl run. Cause if they lost in the first round he'd probably be getting the Kyler treatment. For them to have Jamar Chase they should be playing better.

I need Kyler to be better than average. Especially with the new deal. I think we win if he hits that pass Ertz. We had them on the ropes.

I think quarterbacks are struggling to adjust to the new 2 high safety defense across the NFL. But they will. Right now the mantra of defenses is "dont get beat deep". The NFL game is always going through an evolution of defenses catching up to offenses, then offenses adapting and dominating for a while, then defenses catching up, and on and on.

I think the current 2 high defense is ESPECIALLY hard on short quarterbacks like Kyler and Russ who rely on the deep ball and struggle in the intermediate areas. Because 2 high is a "bend don't break" defense that requires you to string together long drives filled with short passes.

They will both need to find a way to adjust. I am hoping for a strong under center running game that forces a safety into the box so we can go play action for deep routes. I think I'll be waiting a while.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On pace for lol, like that ever works out! Let them keep running him like that and he will be on pace for IR. He is the flavor of the week because they are undefeated, he is big and they have a great Oline and defense is why they are winning he is hardly doing anything super special imo. We shall see how it plays out now that teams will have some tape of what they are doing and teams will adjust. Hurts is no Lamar or even Kyler running the ball he is simply big and they block well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the "Kyler couldn't risk getting hurt and had to slide" people.

The very first play of the final drive was a designed run where Kyler didn't slide and took the tackle...

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Every single person on this board would have been legit excited (before the game) with the scenario of being down by 3 with the ball and a very makeable FG.

So damn tired of the constant doom and gloom.
It's nice that we were actually in with a shot rather than being blown out. It absolutely sucks that our lame QB effed it up and we had to settle for trotting out the awful street FA kicker trying a FG we all doubted he could make. It's absolutely demoralizing to realize our lame QB and lame coach weren't even planning to try to win the game even if they got the first down. Doom and gloom warranted.

Stout

Reaction score
i can’t believe people are arguing this. Knowing where the first down is…

Eh, forget it.
Dude, some people will literally forgive KM for anything. You should know this by now.

Watch, the responses will be variations on how I hate KM and how I will diss him no matter what he does.

It's predictable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler has played 51 career games.

By passer rating his games this year at ranked #19 (Chiefs, all garbage time), #23 Carolina, #34 Philly, #39 Rams, #41 Raiders.

Ranked by YPA he's #33, #37, #41, #42, #43 this year.

Ranked by Comp % he's #13, #30, #36, #37, #38

Yet outside of the Kansas game every single game is in the bottom 3rd in pressure faced. The Philly game was the least pressured game of his career. Only 2.2% pressure rate. 2.2%!

So he's protected better than ever but completing less passes for less yards at the lowest TD rate of his career and his best game statistically of the year came vs the Chiefs in the most pressured game of his career.

Kyler is just playing badly. It's as simple as that. It seems Kyler isn't very good when given time to think and go through his reads.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Love the distraction techniques when you get called out for being constantly negative.
So when your team has lost so many games in the last 10 or so, you're supposed to be...happy? Positive? Just have nice things to say about the team? Or is it precisely the time to be negative? Hmm...

Stout

Reaction score

I'd trade KM for Joe Burrow straight up. Maybe even throw in a 1st to make the deal happen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the final drive of the game. I think 3rd from last play. It was an 8 yard check down to Ertz that ran a bunch of time off the clock.

Look at Rondale on the sideline with Josiah Scott in coverage.

Worse case you pick up 15 yards there and stop the clock. Best case you get lucky with a Hollywood block on Slay and pick up 30 or house it.

If this is Aaron Rodgers at QB where do you think the ball is going on a 2 minute drive to win the game?

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Reaction score
That’s just dumb to say he doesn’t try! We are not even in any game without him, geesh do you people not remember having garbage QBs? That play did not lose the game period! He was aware we had NO timeouts and was trying to just get to sticks and get the **** down to save time! All you saying lower the shoulder or go headfirst into the three defenders there waiting are crazy! Let’s say he goes headfirst they light his ass up and dislocates his shoulder or some other hard hitting injury and boom our season is OVER! It’s a split second decision that came up a hair short it is what it is. You still have a 43 yrs kick which should be 80-85% makable by almost any kicker. When you have no timeouts you should be throwing the ******* ball more anyway not running plays, this **** is on KK and his goofball playcalling! Honestly to me it’s on our D that keeps letting teams own them the first few drives on games and starting in 10 point holes and then the O pressing trying to compensate!
That you think he was trying to get to the sticks with his cowardly slide says it all. The whole point of the slide is to pull up short so you don't take a hit. If he was trying to actually get to the sticks he wouldn't have slid.

Then there's the "poor wittle QB might have gotten an ouchie" defense. When QBs all over the league are putting their bodies on the line to win games and get first downs, as listed in this thread. To quote Slick Willy, "Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

But throw around some more !!! which will definitely make your argument stronger.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard