OTAs, May 23-25, Jun 1-3, Jun 6-9, 2022.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Every athlete, especially athletes that play football where the sport isn’t kind on the body after you retire, should have this mindset. Provide for your family & preserve your body first & foremost.

I guarantee teammates are rooting for their teammates to make the most they can. Being a “team player” does not & should not = take less than what the fan think you are worth. It’s not my money & it’s not yours. You should not be feeling sorry for these billionaire owners. Fork as much as you can cause they’ll get rid of you in a second.
I agree with all this. I also believe in the value of a valid and enforceable contract. Will his absence from OTAs change the negotiations or his value? I don’t think so. Will it impact his position as a leader and getting work in with his teammates? Yup. At some level, yup.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why disappointed?...Message says this was always the agreement. If it's agreed to, it's nothing at this point.
Because he clearly needs the work. You must have forgot the last 6 weeks of 2021 and his pathetic performances. We already know he doesnt study film like he should. Extra practice and getting on the same page with your teammates as much as possible would be greatly beneficial. It’s not “nothing” but many will excuse anything he does.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with all this. I also believe in the value of a valid and enforceable contract. Will his absence from OTAs change the negotiations or his value? I don’t think so. Will it impact his position as a leader and getting work in with his teammates? Yup. At some level, yup.
Fair & understandable. I see where you’re coming from.

Just me, personally, I just can’t allow myself at all to side with the owners for anything. I just feel disgusted.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every athlete, especially athletes that play football where the sport isn’t kind on the body after you retire, should have this mindset. Provide for your family & preserve your body first & foremost.

I guarantee teammates are rooting for their teammates to make the most they can. Being a “team player” does not & should not = take less than what the fan think you are worth. It’s not my money & it’s not yours. You should not be feeling sorry for these billionaire owners. Fork as much as you can cause they’ll get rid of you in a second.
Its fine but let's stop with the hypocrisy of talking about putting the team first, or the honey words just after getting extended

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose