OT: Wild Card weekend. 1/14/23-1/16/23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With so many mediocre teams (Seattle, Jax, Bucs, Giants) and QB injuries (Baltimore, Miami) this is the weakest slate of Wild Card games I can ever remember.

next round should be great but Cincy Baltimore, Buffalo-Miami, Niners-Hawks are just dog matchups. And the Giants can make any game as boring as watching paint dry.

Jax-Chargers, Dallas-Bucs are kinda sorta interesting. But that’s kinda it for me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With so many mediocre teams (Seattle, Jax, Bucs, Giants) and QB injuries (Baltimore, Miami) this is the weakest slate of Wild Card games I can ever remember.

next round should be great but Cincy Baltimore, Buffalo-Miami, Niners-Hawks are just dog matchups. And the Giants can make any game as boring as watching paint dry.

Jax-Chargers, Dallas-Bucs are kinda sorta interesting. But that’s kinda it for me.

I could see the Giants winning just because the Vikings defence has been gash and Cousins in big games is a flip of a coin. I could see this being a battle of RBs.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any upset specials out there?
Call your shots.

I'm going:

Niners
Chargers
Bills
Giants
Bengals
Bucs

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll take the same except Cowboys get the W. Some of those are gimmies though, even if it is any given Sunday.

The Cowboys should get the win. But I can really see them blowing it in classic fashion and Brady pulling out the W.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Go Seattle, Jacksonville, New York, Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Tampa Bay!
Er, I sorta get Bucs over Dallas, but are people happening to root Jax over Chargers for the sake of the teams you want to win or want to convolute the SP hiring and increase our chances of missing out on him?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Er, I sorta get Bucs over Dallas, but are people happening to root Jax over Chargers for the sake of the teams you want to win or want to convolute the SP hiring and increase our chances of missing out on him?
I'm strictly for the teams I want to win. I don't believe nor have a good feeling that Payton (if that's who you're referring to) is coming to us, no matter what the circumstance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely pouring right now. I live not that far from the stadium and it's raining so hard right now. Jimmy g has always been terrible in the rain so they're probably glad he's not playing today. If this keeps up anything like this hard it's going to be a low scoring high turnover slug fest

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like Gino Smith, but don't see them overcoming that Niner D.

The thing is, the Seahawks know if they play their normal game they lose.

I expect them to have a very different game plan. Geno has been very accurate downfield and Lenoir has not been good. I reckon a lot of bombs will be thrown.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Absolutely pouring right now. I live not that far from the stadium and it's raining so hard right now. Jimmy g has always been terrible in the rain so they're probably glad he's not playing today. If this keeps up anything like this hard it's going to be a low scoring high turnover slug fest
Did y'all get any of that tornado action the other night?
I swear there was one in my yard...woke me up , deafening wind, rain hitting my window straight on like it was coming from a dozen pressure washers.... worst part only lasted about 30 seconds but it was still loud enough to keep me awake for an hour or so after. Thought my roof was gonna come off my house.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No rain at the start