OT: Time to fire up the coaching/ F O hot seat

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Do you think the Vikings have handed Mike Zimmer a loaded team? With or without the Cousins acquisition?

I don’t watch the Minnesota Vikings, so I wouldn’t know.:shrug: All I hear on TV is how talented Dallas and Minnesota are.

I do think both Dallas and Minnesota are loaded.

I don't know the x's and o's, so maybe he just isn't a good coach but he has averaged 9.5 wins/year during his tenure.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vikings aren’t winning anything big with Zimmer’s conservative mentality anytime soon.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vikings aren’t winning anything big with Zimmer’s conservative mentality anytime soon.
and Kirk Cousins looks like a stats qb that will not be a S B QB. Even Thielen hates Cousins :devil::devil:

3-11 against teams with a winning record as a Viking.
6-29 against teams that finish season with a winning record as a Viking and Redskin.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why would you get rid of a coach with a better regular season winning % and actual playoff wins (2 vs 0) for Marvin Lewis?

I like Marvin Lewis for some teams but doesn't make sense to me in Dallas vs Garrett.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This would make more sense in Dallas:

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think McCarthy is a perfect fit for the Browns. Good with young qb’s , good r’s and knows how to deal with cold weather.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think McCarthy is a perfect fit for the Browns. Good with young qb’s , good r’s and knows how to deal with cold weather.
Seriously.... which young Qbs has he been good with? The guy is a retread but fits the Browns ownership strategy perfectly. Get a guaranteed long deal M M cause Dee & Jimmy change staff as often as smelly underwear.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.... which young Qbs has he been good with? The guy is a retread but fits the Browns ownership strategy perfectly. Get a guaranteed long deal M M cause Dee & Jimmy change staff as often as smelly underwear.
Well he did quite well with Farve and Rodgers.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Um... some guy named Aaron Rodgers... you know, the coach who managed the transition from Favre to Rodgers... Also, I don't think "retread" is the right description, the guy's only HC job was 13 years with the same organization.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis and Mike McCarthy interviewing for the Cowpies, if it's between those 2 then it's Lewis since he'll just do whatever Jerry tells him lol

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.... which young Qbs has he been good with?

Well he did quite well with Farve and Rodgers.
Favre was 30, a 3-time first-team All-Pro with a Super Bowl ring, when McCarthy spent a season as GB's QB coach, and 37 when McCarthy first took the HC job in GB. Young QBs?!?

...dbs

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Favre was 30, a 3-time first-team All-Pro with a Super Bowl ring, when McCarthy spent a season as GB's QB coach, and 37 when McCarthy first took the HC job in GB. Young QBs?!?

...dbs
Yes. But under any circumstances he was 125-77-2. I just happen to think he’d be great for the Browns.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3m

Redskins now are planning to wait until after the draft to hire a general manager, per league sources. The team’s thinking is that it still has people in place for now, though anyone in the front office is in jeopardy after the draft and there will be more changes.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
HCs need to change sometimes. Wilks was a good example -- it was obvious things werent going to get better

but watching other teams go through this process you see how disruptive it is to the franchise

it makes me thing the Steeler model was shockingly good: somehow they found a good HC in Tomlin, but one where he agreed to take 90% of Cowher's staff

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3m

Redskins now are planning to wait until after the draft to hire a general manager, per league sources. The team’s thinking is that it still has people in place for now, though anyone in the front office is in jeopardy after the draft and there will be more changes.
I don't get this idea. Guys know they're going to be on the street any moment, what's the incentive for them to put in any effort? It's one thing to do this as a mutual decision ay work where you're ready to leave but want to give them time to find a replacement, but when you know you're on the fast track to unemployment at a pretty painful time to find another gig in the league... ugh.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't get this idea. Guys know they're going to be on the street any moment, what's the incentive for them to put in any effort? It's one thing to do this as a mutual decision ay work where you're ready to leave but want to give them time to find a replacement, but when you know you're on the fast track to unemployment at a pretty painful time to find another gig in the league... ugh.

They are still getting paid and should perform to the best of their ability. Some will certainly be looking for other jobs and that is a distraction. Some will probably be retained if they have earned it.