OT: Time to fire up the coaching/ F O hot seat

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kahn and it’s not even close

I only mentioned Kahn because it somehow didn't feel right to just dump Rivera mid-season.. but then again, I ain't a billionaire. No clue about what he's thinking regarding Newton.

PS.. Jerruh or Snyder? :D

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only mentioned Kahn because it somehow didn't feel right to just dump Rivera mid-season.. but then again, I ain't a billionaire. No clue about what he's thinking regarding Newton.

Kahn is not the jaguars owner?
Rivera was panthers coach
Maybe u are thinking about Coughlin

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fired:
Redskins
Panthers

Should be fired:
Cowboys
Giants
Jaguars

Potential surprise moves (there always seems to be at least 1):
Adam Gase
Brian Flores
Anthony Lynn
Freddie Kitchens
Matt Patricia (got the vote of confidence but probably should be fired for regression)

Dallas is going to want Lincoln Riley but may settle for Bob Stoops. :)

Depends on whether they are "Yes" men. Jerry is going to call shots so the next HC is basically a coordinator. I would be cautious if I were Riley. Chip Kelly should be a warning for gimmick HC's trying to translate college success into pros. Kelly was on top of the world as ORE and chances are they would have never dipped for NC contention if he never left as he would have continually brought in top ranked recriuts for his juggernaut offense.

Riley is in same situation at OKLA, he will continue to be a legend and have a shot at national championships and will continue to get paid. He risks becoming next Chip Kelly if he makes jump. For those that say Kingsbury has changed things, look at how the Rams have regressed this year under McVeigh. Granted injuries have really took a toll (OL is in shambles and Gurley will most likely retire in a couple of years with that knee) but the offense doesn't quite look they same as last year unless they are playing us.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

12/28/19, 10:56 AM
Statement from Jim Woodcock, #Jaguars owner Shad Khan’s spokesman: "Reports that Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday’s game are 100 percent incorrect. Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week.”

Kiss of death, Khan also said Ramsey was going to be extended not traded.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Being a championship caliber head coach in the college ranks is the ultimate job in football.
Moving from there to working for Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones is killing the golden goose and stabbing yourself in the junk with a steak knife for good measure.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Jerruh. Again, not even close. Snyder is awful

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The question will be has Jerry learned his lesson or not. Yes men don't win.
That's not a question, Jerry Jones is like a James Dolan / Robert Sarver / Daniel Snyder except he knows how to evaluate and bring in talent, he will never change.

Speculation is people are waiting for Stephen Jones to take over so things will be done differently much like when Michael Bidwill took over for Bill Bidwill.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That's not a question, Jerry Jones is like a James Dolan / Robert Sarver / Daniel Snyder except he knows how to evaluate and bring in talent, he will never change.

Speculation is people are waiting for Stephen Jones to take over so things will be done differently much like when Michael Bidwill took over for Bill Bidwill.

Jerry does not know how to evaluate talent... but along with the Colts, the Cowboys have one of the best scouting departments in the league

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Washington know Sean McDermott ain’t coming through that door with Rivera, right?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Fired:
Redskins
Panthers

Should be fired:
Cowboys
Giants
Jaguars

Potential surprise moves (there always seems to be at least 1):
Adam Gase
Brian Flores
Anthony Lynn
Freddie Kitchens

4 down and 1 to go...certainly Dallas fires Garrett.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoa...Gase getting fired?

You must be registered for see images attach

I doubt it considering they played well down the stretch. But Gase is somewhat of a douchebag. I definitely don't see Bell being back. Did Drake get along with Gase down in Miami?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson