OT: The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine. 2/29/24-3/3/24

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Mims. Would be thrilled if he fell to 27. I don't care he only played 8 games, so much good stuff in those 8.

(He ain't lasting until 27. Dude is a prototype tackle)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Official QB measurements:

Caleb Williams: 6'1 1/8" 215, 9.75" hands

Michael Penix: 6'2 2/8" 216, 10.5" hands

Bo Nix 6'2 1/8" 215, 10 1/8" hands

Drake Maye: 6'4 3/8" 223, 9 1/8" hands

JJ McCarthy: 6'2 4/8" 219, 9" hands

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Official QB measurements:

Caleb Williams: 6'1 1/8" 215, 9.75" hands

Michael Penix: 6'2 2/8" 216, 10.5" hands

Bo Nix 6'2 1/8" 215, 10 1/8" hands

Drake Maye: 6'4 3/8" 223, 9 1/8" hands

JJ McCarthy: 6'2 4/8" 219, 9" hands

In that window Nabers hope to grow few inches with stretching yoga

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rosengarten is underrated in this draft. There are some very good analysts out there that think he has some of the best technique and range of moves in the class.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Amarius is a lab created BEAST.... glad to see someone else around here has jumped on the train...
really good kid, works hard, has the right attitude and the expectation to have to earn his snaps.
His rookie season may or may not be rough but I honestly think that by 2028 he will be the top OT taken from this draft...ceiling is in the stratosphere

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm concerned about WR Malik Nabers not getting measured. LSU guide says he is 6 ft 1 inch. I wonder if he is actually under 6 Ft. Makes no sense not to get measured at the Combine unless he is hiding his real height. Getting measured at the pro days is not always very accurate. Cards don't need another short receiver.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm concerned about WR Malik Nabers not getting measured. LSU guide ssqs he is 6 ft 1 inch. I wonder if he is actually under 6 Ft. Makes no sense not to get measured at the Combine unless he is hiding his real height. Getting measured at the pro days is not always very accurate. Cards don't need another short receiver.

I thought he might’ve been doing Jayden Daniels a favor by not being the only guy to skip measurements as an LSU thing but Brian Thomas Jr measured and tested. Nabers seems like the kind of athlete to blow away the combine drills so I’m guessing it’s a height thing too.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can't get MHJ, Rome Odunze is the guy I would take at #4. This is an update from ESPN at the Combine:

Rome Odunze, WR, Washington: Odunze was a masterful technician in position drills and showed why he's my No. 2 wide receiver in this class. During the gauntlet drill, when receivers need to hold the line while sprinting horizontally across the field and catching alternating passes, Odunze showcased body control, balance and concentration. During testing, he was equally impressive at 6-3 and 212 pounds with a 4.45-second run in the 40-yard dash, a 39-inch vertical and a 10-4 broad jump. Odunze looks the part of a future All-Pro and backed up my pro player comparison of Ja'Marr Chase with his workout. -- Miller

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If we can't get MHJ, Rome Odunze is the guy I would take at #4. This is an update from ESPN at the Combine:

Rome Odunze, WR, Washington: Odunze was a masterful technician in position drills and showed why he's my No. 2 wide receiver in this class. During the gauntlet drill, when receivers need to hold the line while sprinting horizontally across the field and catching alternating passes, Odunze showcased body control, balance and concentration. During testing, he was equally impressive at 6-3 and 212 pounds with a 4.45-second run in the 40-yard dash, a 39-inch vertical and a 10-4 broad jump. Odunze looks the part of a future All-Pro and backed up my pro player comparison of Ja'Marr Chase with his workout. -- Miller

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As an old guy I remember when Dave Te and others began the concept. I never saw any of the regional ones they started with. However, after they were condensed into one event, it’s astonishing how much has changed. The incoming players are so well prepared, things like body catching are no longer seen at the Combine. Also the form on the 40 yard dash is so consistent. They’ve also added some highly complex drills. Finally the athleticism is stunning. Dallas Turner was otherworldly in his testing. Even Ossenfort was stunned. It’s quite a show. Still you have to keep in mind these are drills that may or may not impact what an athlete brings to the actual game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This talk that MHJ is a lot better than Odunze and Nabers is just flat nonsense. Odunze is probably WR #1 in 80% of draft classes if not more.

A guy his size who is that explosive and has tape of him winning physical matchups more frequently (and dominantly) than MHJ or Nabers. That type of play translates.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still you have to keep in mind these are drills that may or may not impact what an athlete brings to the actual game.
I can't for the life of me understand why they don't at least have the players wear full football equipment while performing the tests! It seems like such an obvious and easy way to make the measurements a little more relevant to football while still keeping them objective.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Xavier Worthy ran the fastest 40 time in Combine history. People will overblow his drop issues from the half year he played with a broken hand, but I think whoever gets him will be very happy. The man was open on basically every play, Ewers suspect skills were the main thing holding him back. He's very light though, I see him as another Tank Dell if he goes to a team with a good QB.

I really hope the Chiefs don't get him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Xavier Worthy ran the fastest 40 time in Combine history. People will overblow his drop issues from the half year he played with a broken hand, but I think whoever gets him will be very happy. The man was open on basically every play, Ewers suspect skills were the main thing holding him back. He's very light though, I see him as another Tank Dell if he goes to a team with a good QB.

I really hope the Chiefs don't get him.
He's a body catcher.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's a body catcher.
Not all the time. I've seen him snag well placed balls out of the air with his hands. Its definitely something he should work on. TBH I'm not as worried about body catching with big separation speed guys; Tyreek Hill is a body catcher. Though Terry McLaurin is also a body catcher and a great contested catch WR.

I think Worthy's real weakness is fighting through press coverage.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an old guy I remember when Dave Te and others began the concept. I never saw any of the regional ones they started with. However, after they were condensed into one event, it’s astonishing how much has changed. The incoming players are so well prepared, things like body catching are no longer seen at the Combine. Also the form on the 40 yard dash is so consistent. They’ve also added some highly complex drills. Finally the athleticism is stunning. Dallas Turner was otherworldly in his testing. Even Ossenfort was stunned. It’s quite a show. Still you have to keep in mind these are drills that may or may not impact what an athlete brings to the actual game.
Bottom line, what did these players do on the field on game day? That is all that matters.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard