OT: The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine. 2/29/24-3/3/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a body catcher.

I couldn't care less how fast WRs are as long as they are sub 4.6.

There are loads of great WR's in the league that ran 4.55, and absolutely tonnes of garbage ones that ran sub 4.35.

Far more concerned about 3 cones and short shuttles, tape and production. In fact, the strike rate on super fast WR's is so poor that it's almost become a negative for me.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bottom line, what did these players do on the field on game day? That is all that matters.
Eh this is true to an extent. There are numerous guys over the years that weren't monsters in college who became monsters in the NFL.

The combine gives NFL teams a sense of what you can be. Pair that with what the tape shows, and you get a better sense of the player as an overall prospect. If Chop Robinson runs a 4.8 and has a 7.6 three cone, he'd probably be a late rounder because people who think that he wouldn't be quick enough to replicate what he was doing in college in the NFL.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2024’s Odunze > MHJ

This years version of krangs’

2023’s Wilson > anderson
It’s hilarious. He knows it, too.

Although I believe Odunze is way better at his position than Wilson was at his.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which comparison are you doubling down on here?
I'm not doubling down on anything.

I've said this for months now: the difference between MHJ and Odunze is miniscule. If you parse out the hype, Odunze is virtually neck and neck with MHJ.

Odunze had a better season both in terms of individual accomplishments and in terms of team accomplishments, which were directly attributable to his production.

We've seen this play out many times over where the more hyped guy wasn't better, and there were generally indicators. One indicator in this instance is how much better Odunze is on catching contested balls. MHJ was IIRC around 30% which isn't particularly good, while Odunze was catching over 66%.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think of Chop Robinson. As a PSU fan, i got to watch him a lot. I think he disappears at times and others he is a wrecker.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
College starts matter though. I'd take him at #27, but I'd acknowledge he isn't the slam dunk you're making him out to be.

They matter, but not that much when your built like this and the limited tape that is available is superb.

Gone by 20.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not doubling down on anything.

I've said this for months now: the difference between MHJ and Odunze is miniscule. If you parse out the hype, Odunze is virtually neck and neck with MHJ.

Odunze had a better season both in terms of individual accomplishments and in terms of team accomplishments, which were directly attributable to his production.

We've seen this play out many times over where the more hyped guy wasn't better, and there were generally indicators. One indicator in this instance is how much better Odunze is on catching contested balls. MHJ was IIRC around 30% which isn't particularly good, while Odunze was catching over 66%.

There are analysts, I believe Daniel Jeremiah is one, that have Odunze #1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison