OT-Son's team won HS Championship.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My son's HS team, Horizon, won the 5A state title last night 38-28 over Salpointe Catholic. Have to brag a little on my kid, born a Cards fan, and his team. Great group of kids, especially his Sr. class. What a way to go out winning a State Championship in the last game you play. I hope the Cards winning the Super Bowl feels half as good as this. An unbelievable night at SDS, only wish we could have sat in our old NEZ seats for it.

Highlights, he's #45 shows up a couple times
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• f12.jpg
    f12.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
wa52lz

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
great to see a highschool that isnt a transfer destination win it all in football
Yeah that was a great part of it, all these SRs played four years+ together, all neighborhood kids. One had one transfer in from NY last year since they were not having a season and his uncle lived by Horizon and he came back for this year as well. In the four years my son has been there we've lost 4 or 5 kids transferring out to the "destination" schools, etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats, that's one of my big regrets from HS I just played basketball and didn't play football if I could do it over I would have played at least one year of football.

Good that a team of local kids won it

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow awesome grats!!! Fun experience :)

Playin at sun devil stadium must have been awesome!!!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So awesome. Congrats to the whole fam and school. My little brothers’ teams’ title runs in lacrosse are some of my favorite memories in life. My teams were always trash but seeing them in the thick of it was so worth it.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome! I remembered when my son's team won the division championship and made it to the final four. Especially being from a small school and no recruiting, made it even sweeter.

Enjoy the championship!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My son's HS team, Horizon, won the 5A state title last night 38-28 over Salpointe Catholic. Have to brag a little on my kid, born a Cards fan, and his team. Great group of kids, especially his Sr. class. What a way to go out winning a State Championship in the last game you play. I hope the Cards winning the Super Bowl feels half as good as this. An unbelievable night at SDS, only wish we could have sat in our old NEZ seats for it.

Highlights, he's #45 shows up a couple times
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nice! The high school I graduated from and still live here, just won the 4A championship just before your sons game. Casa Grande Union High. Went to the game! It was there first time ever winning a State Championship!