OT:Rams Aaron Donald Announces Retirement.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d take Rod Woodson over Deion…. FWIW
LT
Deion
Reggie White
Aaron Donald
No way… Rod Woodson in place of Deion all day everyday. Not only was he better in basically every statistical category. He was also a good return guy and was a willing and able tackler.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

No way… Rod Woodson in place of Deion all day everyday. Not only was he better in basically every statistical category. He was also a good return guy and was a willing and able tackler.
This is bonkers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Put simply, Ronnie Lott was one of the greatest defenders in NFL history. No matter what it took, he’d do everything in his power to help the 49ers win. Yes, he even went as far as cutting off part of his pinky finger in order to avoid missing playing time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This is why I said Deion is debatable. Woodson was a beast in his prime. So was Aeneas. Deion was that punk ****** who wouldn't hit but could cover. For my money, give me a dude like Aeneas who was a force against the run and the pass.

Most of the people disagreeing didn't watch football back then.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I said Deion is debatable. Woodson was a beast in his prime. So was Aeneas. Deion was that punk ****** who wouldn't hit but could cover. For my money, give me a dude like Aeneas who was a force against the run and the pass.

Most of the people disagreeing didn't watch football back then.
I watched a lot of football back then. Deion didn’t have to want to tackle and it don’t seem to hurt the teams he played on. He is easily the best cover corner. I just can’t remember when it was that Woodson moved to safety because he had lost a step.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I watched a lot of football back then. Deion didn’t have to want to tackle and it don’t seem to hurt the teams he played on. He is easily the best cover corner. I just can’t remember when it was that Woodson moved to safety because he had lost a step.
Aeneas was nearly his equal and would actually play the run.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Night Train Lane. Best corner ever.

From his HOF web page:

Blessed with outstanding speed, exceptional agility, reflex action, and a fierce determination to excel, “Night Train” set the NFL on fire as a rookie. He intercepted a record 14 passes in the 12-game season. Besides being a constant threat to steal passes, Lane also became known as a devastating tackler.

Lane also was willing to take chances on the field in spite of the risks. Most, however, would agree that percentage-wise he was well a head of the game. Lane played two years with the Rams before being traded to the Cardinals in 1954.

Six years later, he was sent to the Detroit Lions where he enjoyed his finest years. Dick was named first- or second-team All-NFL every year from 1954 through 1963. Named to seven Pro Bowls, Night Train intercepted 68 passes for 1,207 yards and five touchdowns during his Hall of Fame career.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard