OT: Pac 12 signs 3 BILLION dollar TV Contract

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sean Miller will get a nice raise in the future.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many national ESPN games this means in basketball now? I've seen some football stuff but nothing in detail on basketball, it's huge for recruiting.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many national ESPN games this means in basketball now? I've seen some football stuff but nothing in detail on basketball, it's huge for recruiting.

• 68 regular-season men's basketball games, appearing on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and Fox Sports Net.
• The balance of regular-season men's basketball games, over 120 each year, will be featured exclusively on either the Pac-12 Network or Pac-12 Digital Network.
• The Conference's men's basketball tournament (quarterfinals, semi-finals and the championship game) will be shown on ESPN/ESPN2 or FOX Sports/FX. ESPN will broadcast the first basketball championships and then rotate with FOX/FX each year thereafter. The balance of the tournament will be featured exclusively on the Pac 12 Network. Fox Sports Net continues to hold all rights to the 2012 tournament.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/inside-athletics/spec-rel/050411aac.html

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HooverDam

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what's happening with the extra share of cash that Utah won't be getting in years 1 & 2? They only get 50% in year 1 and 75% in year 2, does that left over cash just get divided up among the remaining 11 teams? Or go into some kind of general fund?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what's happening with the extra share of cash that Utah won't be getting in years 1 & 2? They only get 50% in year 1 and 75% in year 2, does that left over cash just get divided up among the remaining 11 teams? Or go into some kind of general fund?

I have to imagine that money will go to the cost to start up the Pac 12 Network. It is going to cost about $100 million just to get it off the ground, let alone operating costs to keep it going.