OT: NBA Finals: Cavs v. Warriors

What will be the outcome of the NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was live but after seeing the replay I think the ref figured Curry had already mishandled the ball so at the point where LeBron slid into him, they were both in essence going after a loose ball. If curry has the ball in his hand it's a foul, but he's already gone behind his back and bobbled the dribble.

If there were any calls I'd complain about in that game involving LeBron I could name 3.

1) the one where he goes up, Iggy touches the ball but doesn't knock it loose, LeBron then "drops" the ball, catches it and goes back up and scores. The way it happened the only way that's legal is if Iggy knocks the ball clear out of his hands, he didn't. So it was either a travel or you could even argue a jump ball.

2) the block by LeBron on Ezeli's dunk attempt. they never showed a replay but live it looked like a foul and Ezeli is a pretty quiet guy and he reacted that it was a foul. But I haven't seen a replay so I don't know for sure.

3) 4th quarter drive LeBron lowers shoulder pushes Iggy back several feet and lays it in. It was literally like watching a football player push a blocking sled. I think the ref figured Iggy wasn't set, but you don't have to be set, if you're in front of the defender and you're both moving the same direction(him forward to the rim Iggy backward to the rim) you have the right to the ground you occupy.

But the Warriors got away with some plays too. Blatant walk by curry driving baseline cutoff by Mozgov. The hard screen by Green. There were a couple of balls I thought clearly went out off us they gave to us.

Lee had a really blatant hold on Curry's last three as well on Shumpert when they were setting the triple screen across the court.

but overall, I don't think there was much to complain about on either side in Game 3. Can't wait to see what happens tonight. I think Curry goes off and ties up the series.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"Hey, this fire isn't burning hot enough; let's throw some kerosene on it."

As if Lebron needs ANYMORE motivation to kick this team's ass.

Well done, Lee and Green :doi:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shrug:
Not smart of Draymond Green to start flapping the gums when he has been out played by Thompson.

What part of this is Draymond Green did you not understand?

:D

Good player but he talks way too much for his own good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Hey, this fire isn't burning hot enough; let's throw some kerosene on it."

As if Lebron needs ANYMORE motivation to kick this team's ass.

Well done, Lee and Green :doi:

as Jim Croce would say "you don't pull on Superman's cape."

That said I imagine that idiot woman fan after game 2 gave LeBron all the motivation he needed.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least the league finally fixed David Stern's 2-3-2 anti-home court advantage Finals format a couple years ago.
This series would have a different tone if the next TWO games were in Cleveland.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What part of this is Draymond Green did you not understand?

:D

Good player but he talks way too much for his own good.

[emoji3]
Joey Crawford is one the officials for tonight's game. Any worries about how the game will be called?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the league finally fixed David Stern's 2-3-2 anti-home court advantage Finals format a couple years ago.
This series would have a different tone if the next TWO games were in Cleveland.

did that change already? I thought it was still 2-3-2.

ah... it is 2-2-1-1-1. interesting. I actually think if Cleveland wins tonight, that plays in their favor. It's almost impossible to win all three home games, but if they get tonight and go up 3-1, they won't have all the pressure in the world on them to win three straight, can drop a game in GS and then gear up for the mother of all cleveland wins... or kick in the balls in Game 6.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as Jim Croce would say "you don't pull on Superman's cape."

That said I imagine that idiot woman fan after game 2 gave LeBron all the motivation he needed.

Look, I am ready to put LBJ up there with Jordan. Even if they don't win the title this year, it's obvious, to me, that he will deliver a trophy to Cleveland. But, I don't think these comments impact him at all. Larry Bird would get pissed as hell over something like that and would go for the throat. But, Lebron's personality, to me, is he is just more unflappable and plays like he plays regardless of outside chatter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow... Kerr starts off super small tonight.

oh my lord what a pass by LeBron.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get my whines out of the way early. First play of the game LeBron drives takes 4 steps no call.

Not long later he drives, leaves his feet, foot touches back down and then he passes.

What a pass to Mozgov though, he is so good he doesn't need the extra steps refs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though they're down early, this tempo favors the Warriors so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get my whines out of the way early. First play of the game LeBron drives takes 4 steps no call.

Not long later he drives, leaves his feet, foot touches back down and then he passes.

What a pass to Mozgov though, he is so good he doesn't need the extra steps refs.

will you please catalog the awful calls against the Cavs as well... like the three point play that was a charge and the BS foul Lee just got also? or LeBron just getting smacked in the face and fouled again on the drive.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will you please catalog the awful calls against the Cavs as well... like the three point play that was a charge and the BS foul Lee just got also? or LeBron just getting smacked in the face and fouled again on the drive.

Thanks.

Those all happened AFTER I posted.

These refs are hysterically bad. lee walked on his first shot no call, on his 2nd he was untouched they call a foul. Then Curry gets a clean steal on LeBron they call a foul, then Curry gets away with a foul that would have been an and 1.

When did LeBron go Ginobili or Harden, he has to be tired he's flopped 3 times already on offense, twice against Curry. You're not going to convince the refs that Steph Curry can knock LeBron James down.

The quarter ended with lee setting a wicked screen on Delly who then came up and barked at him at the end of the quarter. Getting chippy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far smaller lineup looks like a stroke of genius, one many of us were asking for 2 games ago.

And I think Cleveland is exhausted, Delly has been short on all of his jumpers and even LeBron seems winded already.

The more I watch him the more I love Tristan Thompson. He was the classic great talent that took awhile to figure out what he wasn't and do what he does well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that will finally convince the NBA to move the damn camera people back further off the court.

TJ

Reaction score
Put it this way: had Cleveland somehow took Game 1, they'd be the first NBA team to ever choke away a 3-0 series lead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put it this way: had Cleveland somehow took Game 1, they'd be the first NBA team to ever choke away a 3-0 series lead.

Big difference between choking and exhaustion IMO.

TJ

Reaction score
Big difference between choking and exhaustion IMO.

This is a lack of talent and guys like Dellevadova turning back into a pumpkin. This was never going to be sustainable for Cleveland

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From hero to goat, Dellavedova having a terrible game. JR Smith also. Will be interesting to see if Cleveland can steal a game on the road.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a lack of talent and guys like Dellevadova turning back into a pumpkin. This was never going to be sustainable for Cleveland

Right but I just don't think it's choking. I think they're exhausted as pretty much everyone expected they would be.

Iggy and Livingston have been the difference tonight for the Warriors. Kept saying play Shaun more, when he's in you can take some of ballhandling off Curry so he can look to score more, and Shaun is a very solid defender.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right but I just don't think it's choking. I think they're exhausted as pretty much everyone expected they would be.

Iggy and Livingston have been the difference tonight for the Warriors. Kept saying play Shaun more, when he's in you can take some of ballhandling off Curry so he can look to score more, and Shaun is a very solid defender.

The Cavs are not choking in the least. In this game, GS was clearly just a lot better than the Cavs were. Well, after the first three minutes or so.

Oh, and Igoudala just had a great game, and he's been the best and most consistent Warriors player the whole series.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison