OT- Miles Austin signs 6 years $57 mil extension

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
wow, what an overpay

...or a bargain.

If he duplicates what he did last year as bad as I hate to say it, the Cowpies are set at WR for many many years. I wouldn't be suprised to see Fitz get $15 mil/year once he gets a new deal & hopefully the Bidwills are willing to cough that kind of coin up for a WR.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
One good year and they overpay for this guy? Remember last year no one has tapes on him. This year teams are much more prepared and probably broke down tapes of him to see his weakness and explore them

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wonder what Vincent Jackson thinks about this......

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We're already paying $10 million a year for Fitz. Next contract'll be 5 years, $60 million, $30 guaranteed.

If the Cards give Fitz another short-term contract, it's a huge mistake.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
...or a bargain.

If he duplicates what he did last year as bad as I hate to say it, the Cowpies are set at WR for many many years. I wouldn't be suprised to see Fitz get $15 mil/year once he gets a new deal & hopefully the Bidwills are willing to cough that kind of coin up for a WR.
That's a pretty big if considering he's only had that one good year. Still it's better to see players that have done something at the NFL level get that kind of scratch. Agree on Fitz probably getting $15M a year depending on if he's completely over his injury.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
that contract is insane, he isn't that good. he will bust this year guaranteed.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I'd call that a deal for his type of production. Can't believe you guys are calling around 9 million a year overpaying.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd call that a deal for his type of production. Can't believe you guys are calling around 9 million a year overpaying.

after one year of production, it absolutely is. every year there is a WR from a small school who breaks out like he does, and not many of them stay consistent. another year like that, and yeah, he is worth it. this is just jerry driving up prices as usual.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry will pay anything if he thinks it will make the Cowboys the NFC rep in this year's SB to be played in his brand new playpen.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love it.

It's good for the local economy.

Austin was an UDFA from just down the road at Monmouth University. He grew up in North Jersey (Garfield) and would hopefully spend a considerable amount of the $50-mil in The Garden State.

Last edited:

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
He'll continue to be good as long as the refs continue not calling him on his push offs. He could be called for Offensive PI on almost every reception.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He'll continue to be good as long as the refs continue not calling him on his push offs. He could be called for Offensive PI on almost every reception.

Are you talking about Larry Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, Sidney Rice, Dwayne Bowe, or Brandon Marshall?

Reaction score
Are you talking about Larry Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason, Sidney Rice, Dwayne Bowe, or Brandon Marshall?
Lol. Point well made. The WR's get away with a lot, while the DB's are allowed less and less...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I guess the Cowboys missed the Javon Walker story. They could have at least learned from their own history and Alvin Harper. Or more recently Roy Williams.

There simply aren't enough plays to satisfy Witten, Bryant, Austin, Barber, etc. much less pay them all starter's money.

I think they over payed Austin. They were at least premature about it. I guess in an uncapped year it doesn't really matter.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Nobody will ever get away with the s*@t Michael Irvin ever did. #88 was such a cheating SOB...:bang:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How do you stop Micheal Irvin from scoring a touchdown?

You sprinkle cocaine on the five yard line.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

This. When they were interviewing DRC and Fitz about their preseason camp battles Fitz pushing off on DRC was definitely mentioned. If you're not cheatin you're not tryin.