OT- It is about to happen. Clowney to the Seahawks.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 19m
The #Seahawks are deep in talks to acquire franchise player Jadeveon Clowney from the #Texans, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. Clowney has told people he wants to be in Seattle. Still some hoops to jump through, but it’s headed toward him getting his wish.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good for him, glad he was able to hold his leverage and not end up in Miami. Be fun watching him chase K1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
has to be a one year rental

they had Frank Clark at the same position, but traded him

end up paying for Clowney, but likely wont be able to keep him long term

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sounds like Seattle isn’t giving much for him and is about to fleece Houston.

This is what a well-run front office looks like with no dysfunction. Take notes, Mikey and Keim

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No it wouldn’t have. Clowney is better than Clark.

To top it off, he’s going to a 4-3, where he’ll thrive more versus a 3-4.

Maybe.

Clowney is maybe the most talented college pass rusher I've ever seen, but he has never put it all together.

There is the possibility of Seattle acquiring the best defensive lineman they have had in the Carroll era.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Want to see something funny? Find HS tape of Clowney. He just demolished everyone he played over in Rock Hill, SC.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Antonio Brown trade was worse because Brown is a hall of famer.

Clowney has had a lot of injury issues

He had injury issues his first year, but hasn't missed too many games the last 3 years.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ Humphries is gonna p his pants a little upon hearing this news

Hey Keim! Where were u at? Couldn’t u have given 2 no names and a 3rd for the most dominant ROLB in the NFL?
Dummy

STH y’alls season tickets just became a little more worthless

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe.

Clowney is maybe the most talented college pass rusher I've ever seen, but he has never put it all together.

There is the possibility of Seattle acquiring the best defensive lineman they have had in the Carroll era.

He’s been pretty damn good, he just suffers from unreal expectations. He’s a pro bowl player year in and year out

He also plays DE in a 3-4. We should know more than anyone after watching CC for years you can dominate and disrupt a game without it showing up in the stat sheet. Not a lot of glory there. Going back to a 4-3 should really let him shine

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ Humphries is gonna p his pants a little upon hearing this news

Hey Keim! Where were u at? Couldn’t u have given 2 no names and a 3rd for the most dominant ROLB in the NFL?
Dummy

STH y’alls season tickets just became a little more worthless
Boy, you people are looking for every & absolutely anything to blame Keim. I’m not even a fan, but seeing constant complaining like he’s your GF that cheated on you for stuff he can’t even control is annoying. Clowney didn’t want to go to a team that was rebuilding, hence Dolphins, he wanted to go to a contender, hence Seahawks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston tried to trade him for more to the Dolphins and he refused the trade. Its an awful trade but I can't blame Keim since Clowney called all the shots here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose