OT- It is about to happen. Clowney to the Seahawks.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clowney is a good player. I am going to wait and see how he productive Clowney will be in his first year.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texans got Tunsil and Stills in the trade. Maybe Stills was forced on Texans as part of the deal. Calling your owner a racist just might seal your fate.

According to NFL.com, the Texans have acquired left tackle Laremy Tunsil and wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick from the Dolphins. In exchange, Miami will be getting a huge package of draft picks that will include two first-rounders (2020 and 2021) and a 2021 second-round pick. The Dolphins will also receive special-teamer Johnson Bademosi and tackle Julien Davenport in the deal, according to NFL.com.

So it could be the Dolphins will get more than 2 1sts and a 2nd. Could include the Seahawk picks given up for Clowney.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Going to be a long year for the Arizona Cardinals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the seachickens pay a ransom for him and then have to use a good percent of cap space to sign him. Bad news short term for us, but hopefully the beginning of the end long term for Seattle

how many years will people continue to say this before they realize good FOs figure out how to make these moves and stay competitive at the same time for the long term?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. If he stays healthy, this might be enough to allow you to take the division back from the Rams.

I was listening to this bookmaker's (The Fat Jack) show on the way to work last week, and he was saying take under on the Rams win total for 2019, because they got impossibly lucky last year (e.g. recovering fumbles and stuff). He's thinks they'll come back down to earth a little this year.

they got incredibly lucky? they lost Cooper Cup to an ACL, Gurley was pretty much AWOL from week 13 on, didn't have their ace K for 4 games, and didn't have Talib for 8 games.

If they're healthy, they should be just as good as they were last year or damn near close to it.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Big $ for QB, and either a one year rental or big long term deal for Clowney. The more the Seahawks have large dollar deals, it will have an affect throughout the roster

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
they got incredibly lucky? they lost Cooper Cup to an ACL, Gurley was pretty much AWOL from week 13 on, didn't have their ace K for 4 games, and didn't have Talib for 8 games.

If they're healthy, they should be just as good as they were last year or damn near close to it.
Without Gurley at 100%, their offense can be slowed. But yeah, they are THE team to beat in NFC.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Clowney plus Ansah are better than Clark, no?

Name the last time Ansah did anything meaningful! More myth than legend.

And I agree on Clark being better than Clowney, but it’s close.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3h

Capper to Saturday’s trade: Houston paid Jadeveon Clowney a $7 million signing bonus while Seattle is paying the remaining $8 million of his salary, per source.

Seattle also promised not to tag Clowney after this season, per source.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I disagree.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They are different. It's close though. Clark would go quiet frequently and then explode. He would make big athletic noticeable plays and then you wouldn't know he's in the field.

Clowney is stronger and much better against the run. The last time Houston came to Seattle he put on an absolutely dominant showing, so that may still be stuck in my mind

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson