OT: IS anyone else sick of the ESPN Brady Quinn Love?

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I can't wait until Saturday for the draft just so I can stop seeing and hearing Brady Quinn crying about needing to be the #1. Honest to God, I don't know if there hasn't been a day in the past week that Quinn hasn't been on any of the ESPN show's that discuss football.

I went to bad lastnight when Sportscenter interviewing him about getting into contract talks with the Raiders and I woke up to him being interviewed on Cold Pizza about the same thing.

How many times can the exact same thing be said over and over again? :bang:

Last edited:

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I usually get tired of most ESPN coverage. They get a storyline and repeat it over and over again until it becomes accepted truth. And they usually focus only on a handful of players/teams, and the rest get short shrift.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually get tired of most ESPN coverage. They get a storyline and repeat it over and over again until it becomes accepted truth. And they usually focus only on a handful of players/teams, and the rest get short shrift.

That's the media in general...for everything. Remember the Superbowl a couple of years ago, in which no story was written without mention of how the Bus is from Detroit? Good lord, the media loves to :deadhorse2:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score

If the Cards ever go to the SB I would never get tired of the coverage that the ESPN would give this team. :D

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
If the Cards ever go to the SB I would never get tired of the coverage that the ESPN would give this team. :D

I agree--but it always seems to me that they hype teams I hate (or maybe I hate them because of the hero worship)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

True.

But yes, it is disgusting when the media is absolutely up some guys poop shoot.

I for one, am tired of the Brady Quinn love fest, AND whenever the Patriots or Packers play the way anouncers just fawn over Brady and Farve. I would be embarrassed if I acted that way on TV.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife used to be in love with Quinn. That was until she saw what he looked like and heard him drone on Sportscenter.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Duke Basketball is to Espn as Notre Dame Football is to ESPN.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually I love hearing brady quinn interviews...

I can't remember the last time a player has so openly and adamently pimped himself before the draft..

I mean, if you didn't know anything, wouldn't you think this guy had the possibility of not getting drafted so he is out there with his agent desperetly trying to get a team to watch him..

I seriously bust up laughing every time I hear one of his enormously egocentric interviews..

What I am personally hoping for... Watching Quinn sit there on Saturday holding back the tears as team by team passes him by..

Hell I half expect if it gets to the #6-7 pick and he isn't gone, hes going to take over the podium and start interviewing himself, and playing his highlight tapes just so teams don't forget that he hasn't been drafted yet, and he wants to be....

the real fun would be if he gets past the Dolphins at 9 and has an Aaron Rodgers type fall. I think we would have to put him on sucide watch...

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree--but it always seems to me that they hype teams I hate (or maybe I hate them because of the hero worship)

The East Coastp Sports Programming Network caters to where the people are.
Most of the countries population is in the northeast quadrant. If you are sick to the Brady Quinn stuff, how do you feel about yankees/redsox 24/7?

OP
OP
Mrh182

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Actually I love hearing brady quinn interviews...

I can't remember the last time a player has so openly and adamitly pimped himself before the draft..

I mean, if you didn't know anything, wouldn't you think this guy had the possibility of not getting drafted so he is out there with his agent desperetly trying to get a team to watch him..

I seriously bust up lughing every time I hear one of his enormously egocentric interviews..

What I am personally hoping for... Watching Quinn sit there on Saturday holding back the tears as team by team passes him by..

Hell I half expect if it gets to the #6-7 pick and he isn't gone, hes going to take over the podium and start interviewing himself, and playing his highlight tapes just so teams don't forget that he hasn't been drafted yet, and he wants to be....

the real fun would be if he gets past the Dolphins at 9 and has an Aaron Rodgers type fall. I think we would have to put him on sucide watch...

:notworthy
Brilliant.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
When Skkorp sees this thread, his head will explode...lol

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I like all of the Brady Quinn love. Him and JaMarcus Russell. They should get tons of love. TONS. Right up to about 10:15AM on Saturday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard