OT-I'm Going To Be A Daddy

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we got her she exhibited small withdrawal symptoms like tremors in her arms and hands. She got over them relatively quickly, within a few weeks. Now, you'd never know because she is an active, happy baby. Even going through the withdrawals she was a good baby. Rarely fusses and is happy as a clam. She loves to go shopping as we took her today. And she's smart as a whip. Only thing we're waiting for her to do is start talking. She babbles like babies do but no real words yet.
Best news of all. Sounds like she is healthy and has a good attitude.

Little kids are a lot of work, but a lot of fun. One of my better memories was coming home from work and have my little daughter sit on my lap and watch TV with me. It always seem to take away all the stress from work and the paternal love that a parent has is a great feeling.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best news of all. Sounds like she is healthy and has a good attitude.

Little kids are a lot of work, but a lot of fun. One of my better memories was coming home from work and have my little daughter sit on my lap and watch TV with me. It always seem to take away all the stress from work and the paternal love that a parent has is a great feeling.

This little girl is a blessing and already a daddy's girl. She is also spoiled rotten already. :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and here's a present for baby....

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 51

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NJ. We adopted our son in almost exactly the same way. He came us at one week old with drugs in his system. We were able to adopt him at two because bio mom was no where to be found. God willing he will graduate from high school this year. But boy has it been a ride between then and now. God bless you, from one who knows the tough times and incredible rewards ahead for you.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't post here too often but when I read something like this.. I just have to.

I'm very happy your wife and you were able to go through this process and give this poor child a home to grow and flourish in.

My wife and I just had our second child on 12/4 and I have to tell you, it's such an amazing experience watching them grow.

Be blessed!

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't post here too often but when I read something like this.. I just have to.

I'm very happy your wife and you were able to go through this process and give this poor child a home to grow and flourish in.

My wife and I just had our second child on 12/4 and I have to tell you, it's such an amazing experience watching them grow.

Be blessed!

Congrats yourself on your little rascal!

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NJ. We adopted our son in almost exactly the same way. He came us at one week old with drugs in his system. We were able to adopt him at two because bio mom was no where to be found. God willing he will graduate from high school this year. But boy has it been a ride between then and now. God bless you, from one who knows the tough times and incredible rewards ahead for you.

If you don't mind my asking, why did it take 2 years? I mean, as it stands if we do adopt in March it's going to be an 18 month process but a lot of that was due to postponements and the like. Did you have a similar experience?

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a quick update. The birth mother had 45 days to appeal the termination of her parental rights. Well, the 45 days have come and gone with no appeal from her...not that she had any grounds for appeal. So, today, the case worker came by and we filled out the adoption paper work and hopefully in about 8 weeks or so the adoption will be final and she will officially be our daughter. Then I can finally post pictures of her.

Reaction score
Just a quick update. The birth mother had 45 days to appeal the termination of her parental rights. Well, the 45 days have come and gone with no appeal from her...not that she had any grounds for appeal. So, today, the case worker came by and we filled out the adoption paper work and hopefully in about 8 weeks or so the adoption will be final and she will officially be our daughter. Then I can finally post pictures of her.

Congrats. Some friends of mine are going through similar circumstances with 2 year old twin boys. For now they are foster parents with hopes of adopting. The bio mother (she has some legal problems also)is seeking custody but is facing a few obstacles so it is kind of iffy right now. It's hard because the whole family has become attached & wish to at least have some contact if they go back to their biological mother.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
[emoji322][emoji322] [emoji322] [emoji322]

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you and your wife NJ. I hope all goes well and you get your wish. Give the little one a hug from my wife and I.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats. Some friends of mine are going through similar circumstances with 2 year old twin boys. For now they are foster parents with hopes of adopting. The bio mother (she has some legal problems also)is seeking custody but is facing a few obstacles so it is kind of iffy right now. It's hard because the whole family has become attached & wish to at least have some contact if they go back to their biological mother.

Let me tell you something, it's heart wrenching. Back in 2011 when we first got into this, we got this little 3 month old boy who was an absolute delight. We had him for 9 months and when he left us(he was given custody to his bio dad who seemed like a decent guy so he's in a good home now), losing him felt like he died. It hurt that badly. I hope your friends are successful because the one thing a child needs is a chance and we've had some kids who ended back with their birth parents who don't stand a chance in hell and it's sad.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get adoption subsidy from the state!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Congrats NJ.

Hoping for the best for you and your family.

You have the opportunity to provide that child with an opportunity, one that is definitely going to be difficult & rewarding.

Good work.

Stay steady and I'm hoping for the best.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Well Done NJ! Enjoy the little one and create memories that will last a lifetime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson