OT: I call bs on this Blount incident

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
How? Without drawing a flag and hurting your team? Blocking him extra hard?

If drawing the flag is the issue then why mention throwing a fastball in someones back (which would get you ejected) or a hockey check or fight (which would put you in the penalty box) as means of allowable retaliation?

At least in football if you throw a good hard block, go for the knees with a cut block (which is legal), or just decapitate someone as they go over the middle with a legal hit, those all things that you can do without drawing a flag.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said that you had no problem with what Hout did, so I assume you would have no problem with your kids doing the same thing.

BTW, don't deflect the argument. This thread is about Hout and if he should be punished for his actions. Everyone on here has agreed that Blount got what he deserved.

Nowhere in my original post did I say I was "OK" with what Hout did. Reading comprehension a problem for you yesterday?

I stated that very simply it is a part of football (fact) and didnt warrant the sucker punch.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Nowhere in my original post did I say I was "OK" with what Hout did. Reading comprehension a problem for you yesterday?

Bull! Taunting and shittalk is a part of football. Always has been always will.

My bad. I guess I just misunderstood your rousing condemnation of Hout's post-game behavior. :sarcasm:

Looks to me like you believe that you are okay with Hout's actions, seeing as they were 'part of the game'.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Hout was also in the wrong, notice as soon as he made his comment it was a coach who grabbed his attention which allowed the sucker punch. I think he deserves to be suspended for a game. What Blount did was more than just wrong, I agree with his suspension. Trash talk is a part of football, I accept that. After the game there was nothing left to win, Hout's behavior was unacceptable and unsportsmanlike, he should be punished. If Hout said "I guess you owe us two *** kickings", I guess Blount could say "it's back down to one".

So much for the pre-game handshake, brilliant idea!

(I am not justifying the punch at all, his career is over and should be. I believe that Hout's behavior was less than honorable, if Blount had ignored it then no issue, but he didn't. Actions have consequences for both sides, Hout was not innocent)

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad. I guess I just misunderstood your rousing condemnation of Hout's post-game behavior. :sarcasm:

Looks to me like you believe that you are okay with Hout's actions, seeing as they were 'part of the game'.

Those are simply statements of fact. Not a condemnnation or a praise. I personally don't care for smack talk after the fact. So no I don't condone Hout's behavior. But like I stated it doesn't warrant a sucker punch to the face.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW, the Raiders have announced they are taking Blount in the 2010 draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard