OT: Greg Hardy

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm not condoning what did, at all...however if other teams are interested, do you think the Cards should be kicking the tires, at least? Would he be willing to agree to a Honey Badgeresque contract agreement?

BTW: I'm not posting this to be polarizing, as I completely understand the nature of his crimes.

My personal thought is if what he did was an isolated incident, and a background check can prove that, then he probably deserves a second chance...but would need to agree to stringent standards in his next contract...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12474789/greg-hardy-talks-unnamed-team-says-agent-drew-rosenhaus

Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy has started negotiations with a team that does not want to be identified, and others are interested as well, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

At this point, Rosenhaus thinks Hardy will not only find a new team but also land a strong multiyear deal.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As difficult as this would be for the team PR wise it would have to be a one year prove it deal. Still hard to see us going this direction

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best player available in FA bar none IMO... Ide dot no questions asked

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a fine line. I mean Ray Rice isn't drawing any interest, Dwyer won't sniff a roster but mainly because he's a marginal player. D-Wash is going to play this season. From a pure talent standpoint I would bring him in but as his own teammate said its about more than money and talent. I'm sure Hardy can probably keep his nose clean but the PR backlash is what is holding teams back.

I say all this and watch the team inquiring about him be ARZ after losing out on Orakpo.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't even charged.

He was found guilty by a judge and in the state were it happened he was able to request a retrial by jury. A few days before the new trail the accuser refused to testify amid rumors of a major payoff, so the case was dismissed. No thank you, read the original court reports, this guy is a monster.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was found guilty by a judge and in the state were it happened he was able to request a retrial by jury. A few days before the new trail the accuser refused to testify amid rumors of a major payoff, so the case was dismissed. No thank you, read the original court reports, this guy is a monster.

Actually, the accuser didn't appear in court at the day of the trial so the jury had to dismiss the case. A lot of people tried to reach her in various places but couldn't get in touch with her. It is well documented that the parties had settle the matter. With that in mind, can you really convict him beyond reasonable doubt? Isn't it at least possible that the accuser got a lot of money, and then simply ran away? Not that it would prove that Hardy was innocent but it wouldn't prove otherwise as well.

I get what you are saying, and I too doubt he's a living angel, but I think we have to trust the legal system, and all charges against Hardy was in fact removed. To me, that's good enough for me to give him another chance.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
There is only two guys left to get. Hardy and Justin Smith. We need one of them if we are going to challenge Seattle.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With Bidwill running the committee that oversees the domestic violence issue I just cant see him signing off on this deal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the accuser didn't appear in court at the day of the trial so the jury had to dismiss the case. A lot of people tried to reach her in various places but couldn't get in touch with her. It is well documented that the parties had settle the matter. With that in mind, can you really convict him beyond reasonable doubt? Isn't it at least possible that the accuser got a lot of money, and then simply ran away? Not that it would prove that Hardy was innocent but it wouldn't prove otherwise as well.

I get what you are saying, and I too doubt he's a living angel, but I think we have to trust the legal system, and all charges against Hardy was in fact removed. To me, that's good enough for me to give him another chance.

But he was found guilty and found a loop hole to buy himself some time to pay off the accuser. The legal system is flawed, but he is free to use is education to get a real job, but does not deserve to make millions of dollars IMHO.

Hell, if he had accepted the original vertict, he would have been suspended the first 4 games and already be signed. Karma is funny.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...na-panthers-guilty-2-counts-domestic-violence

Panthers Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy was found guilty Tuesday night of assaulting a female and communicating threats.

Mecklenburg County Judge Rebecca Thorn-Tin sentenced Hardy to 18 months' probation. A 60-day jail sentence was suspended.

Hardy's attorney Chris Fialko said he'll appeal and Hardy has asked for a jury trial in superior court. In North Carolina that means the terms of Hardy's probation are on hold until the trial -- so he's free to travel with the team to training camp and compete in games.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
After missing out on Mcphee and Orakpo the cardinals definitely still need to add a pass rusher of some kind. Hardy is the only difference making pass rusher left and could be had on a prove it deal as I doubt he gets a multi year deal this offseason. Saying that I just don't see the cardinals taking on the off the field baggage.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
With Bidwill running the committee that oversees the domestic violence issue I just cant see him signing off on this deal.

If he is allowed to play after a suspension, then Bidwill is the one that condones that too. Not signing him because you are on the committee makes no logical sense, why even have a suspension and agree to be on a board if you have to treat it as a life long blacklist, the punishment does not stand up if Bidwill would be frowned upon for signing him :)

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But he was found guilty and found a loop hole to buy himself some time to pay off the accuser. The legal system is flawed, but he is free to use is education to get a real job, but does not deserve to make millions of dollars IMHO.

He appealed the verdict. I don't think that's a loop hole. I think it's merely fair and justice. Again, I have no idea if he's guilty or not but the fact that the case was literally dismissed at the morning of the trial when court was about to be in session with everyone present except the accuser who no-one could get in touch with at least indicate to me that it could just as well had been a false accusation as it could be that Hardy was guilty.

Now, he has been in trouble with authorities before so I very much get your skepticism. I just think there is reasonable doubt in the case, and as it relates directly to the Cardinals I would be quite comfortable if they did sign him since Michael Bidwill the lawyer would obviously approve it.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he is allowed to play after a suspension, then Bidwill is the one that condones that too. Not signing him because you are on the committee makes no logical sense, why even have a suspension and agree to be on a board if you have to treat it as a life long blacklist, the punishment does not stand up if Bidwill would be frowned upon for signing him :)

I agree with JG , if Mike Bidwill is going to recommend/vote to allow Hardy to play , then it can't be for just the other 31 teams , otherwise MB should remove himself from the committee . Plus what better place to have a probate player than under the watchful eye of the committee chairman ?
I'm for giving the guy a second chance and see if we can sign him .

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with JG , if Mike Bidwill is going to recommend/vote to allow Hardy to play , then it can't be for just the other 31 teams , otherwise MB should remove himself from the committee . Plus what better place to have a probate player than under the watchful eye of the committee chairman ?
I'm for giving the guy a second chance and see if we can sign him .

He's the chairman of that committee? I didn't know that. That would probably make Michael Bidwill the best person in the entire world to get information on Hardy's disciplinary future if he wanted to. The same goes for guys like Daryl Washington and Adrian Peterson, by the way.

If Bidwill approve a signing of Hardy that could dramatically change the defense. He's that good.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I would pass out if we landed Greg Hardy. My guess is he ends up in Oakland to

pair with Mack. That would strike fear in the corpse of peyton Manning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard