OT: Greg Hardy

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shows that Jerry Jones is a hypocrite.

From Profootballtalk.com

Last September, when Rome was burning and the NFL was spraying words at the conflagration in the hopes of putting it out, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones went with the fairly strong stance that domestic violence is “intolerable.”
But now Jones has hired a guy with a domestic violence incident on his record, a term other than intolerable applies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
420 YARDS! gets hit HARD alot (major risk of concussions). 14 million for him, but 16 million for the league's leading rusher??? He only had 300 something the year before.

Then they signed McFadden, who will get paid alot more then 200k. That's what they risk..that's not what the criticism is about. He'll make it and count multiple millions.

He had ONE season of carrying it hard. Took about 10 of those to wear down Smith. Murray's use is SO overrated.

Then they also got Hardy. All those contracts and they 'couldn't' pay Murray. He would of taken a discount and they probably could of gotten him cheaper had they not completely low balled him to start.

It's a complete insult to offer the league's leading rusher (who was good well before this year, check his YPC) half a million more per year then scrub Beasley. Also in a year where they could draft someone far better then Beasley.

Would you of chosen to lose say Fitz or Bolding to keep Breaston? Hell Breaston was better then this guy.

He fills a need, but Jerrah lied to Cowboys fans big time, and now they open up a huge hole at running back that McFadden and the in house candidates won't be able to fill. It wouldn't surprise me to see the leading rusher for the Cowboys not even hit 800 yards let alone 1800 or anywhere close to that.

the above seems like the draft doesn't exist. It's a pretty deep running back class, so I'm not sure the cowboys are screwed here. If they can land a Gordon/Gurley in round 1, while being able to add a monster like Hardy seems like killing two birds, which they wouldn't be able to do by re-signing Murray to an 8 year deal. This enables the cowboys to get a stud YOUNG RB in the draft and get a bona-fide pass rushing beast NOW.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the above seems like the draft doesn't exist. It's a pretty deep running back class, so I'm not sure the cowboys are screwed here. If they can land a Gordon/Gurley in round 1, while being able to add a monster like Hardy seems like killing two birds, which they wouldn't be able to do by re-signing Murray to an 8 year deal. This enables the cowboys to get a stud YOUNG RB in the draft and get a bona-fide pass rushing beast NOW.

The draft indeed exists, but that's all they have, and it's not a sure thing. They went from having the #1 rusher to hoping someone falls in the draft, gets healthy, or somehow find a steal. That's a big risk they didn't have to take.

Now that they've telegraphed what they are going to do, they risk a team leapfrogging them for the guy or guys they want. Everyone KNOWS they NEED a guy.

If they don't get a stud RB, their PPG could easily fall by a ton and no way Greg Hardy makes up for that. Dallas could see a 7-10 point drop in PPG from less rushing and a less effective Romo.

They're not screwed yet, but they've put themselves in a precarious situation by being cute. They don't pick until #27, so Gordon is pretty likely to be gone. Gurley didn't participate in his pro day.

Even if they could somehow guarantee Gordon was with them, it was still a very risky bet that they didn't need, after Gordon, lots of luck to them...or actually NOT!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So tell me who on the Patriots beat their girlfriend or child?

Dude you don't want to play this game.

LeGarret Blount
Cory Dillion
Aron Hernandez

Some real stand up guys been part of these Patriot teams over this run. Just stop this is the NFL not the Boy Scouts.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot for guy with his baggage. No wonder he signed there. There is no way SK would have gone that high.

Did you see the contract details? Almost nothing is guranteed. That means Dallas can cut him whenever they want and not owe him a dime.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude you don't want to play this game.

LeGarret Blount
Cory Dillion
Aron Hernandez

Some real stand up guys been part of these Patriot teams over this run. Just stop this is the NFL not the Boy Scouts.

Hernandez and Dillion played this year? Stop comparing pot smoking to beating woman and children. And no, I won't stop. As someone who spends money on their merchandise, I have ever right to voice my opinion. There is a clear line between being and idiot and being a terrible human being. Hardy is a terrible human and does not deserve to be in the NFL earning $11 million.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hernandez and Dillion played this year? Stop comparing pot smoking to beating woman and children. And no, I won't stop. As someone who spends money on their merchandise, I have ever right to voice my opinion. There is a clear line between being and idiot and being a terrible human being. Hardy is a terrible human and does not deserve to be in the NFL earning $11 million.

No they didn't play this year but they've been part of this patriot run.

Then don't buy it or don't watch it the NFL a will go on with out you and when D Wash comes back you'll be cheering just like everybody else. Yes he does deserve that he does something that very few people on this planet can do. You deserve whatever you can negotiate. I don't watch the NFL a and try to pretend these men who are jacked up on HGH and doing something that is insane and brutal are normal Boy Scouts that's just not the real world

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they didn't play this year but they've been part of this patriot run.

Then don't buy it or don't watch it the NFL a will go on with out you and when D Wash comes back you'll be cheering just like everybody else. Yes he does deserve that he does something that very few people on this planet can do. You deserve whatever you can negotiate. I don't watch the NFL a and try to pretend these men who are jacked up on HGH and doing something that is insane and brutal are normal Boy Scouts that's just not the real world

Oh my! You really can't see the difference between beating a womanm then threatening to kill her and taking HGH or smoking pot, can you? I guess I should apologize for my mother rasing me to have a certain level of respect for woman and children. Yup, I am the messed up one here. :rolleyes:

BTW, I guess you missed my post comparing DW to Hardy, but here it is again.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3151353&postcount=42

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh my! You really can't see the difference between beating a womanm then threatening to kill her and taking HGH or smoking pot, can you? I guess I should apologize for my mother rasing me to have a certain level of respect for woman and children. Yup, I am the messed up one here. :rolleyes:

BTW, I guess you missed my post comparing DW to Hardy, but here it is again.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3151353&postcount=42

Are you serious. I guess your the one that can't see what living and insanely brutal life dealing with pain everyday head trauma taking meds and how something like HGH and testosterone might affect you mentally. Oh I don't know something like that might cause mood swings or you to lash at out people close to you. There's a reason why we're seeing suicides, depression, a rash of violent acts just maybe just maybe getting hit in the head and messing with your hormones can affect the way you act hmmmmm.

But you just keep living in your fantasy world and pretending what you watch on Sunday is normal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you serious. I guess your the one that can't see what living and insanely brutal life dealing with pain everyday head trauma taking meds and how something like HGH and testosterone might affect you mentally. Oh I don't know something like that might cause mood swings or you to lash at out people close to you. There's a reason why we're seeing suicides, depression, a rash of violent acts just maybe just maybe getting hit in the head and messing with your hormones can affect the way you act hmmmmm.

But you just keep living in your fantasy world and pretending what you watch on Sunday is normal.

so it sounds to me that you take playing football and consuming supplements is an excuse for ****ty behavior and beating women. I disagree.

DV, child abuse, etc are all deplorable behavior, regardless of why you did it. At the same time, if you learn your lesson, pay your dues and become a better man after, you deserve a second chance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so it sounds to me that you take playing football and consuming supplements is an excuse for ****ty behavior and beating women. I disagree.

DV, child abuse, etc are all deplorable behavior, regardless of why you did it. At the same time, if you learn your lesson, pay your dues and become a better man after, you deserve a second chance.

So missed the point.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for the record, if AP shows that he has changed, I would considering giving him a second chance. Hardy on the other hand has shown no remorse and if he had he would still be a Panther. See the difference in how he and Washington handled it and what Washington did pales in comparison and could have blamed the victim. Instead, he owned up and acted like a man.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is quickly moving to the P&R category. Let's keep in clean folks.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably already been mentioned, I haven't scrolled further yet, but Hernandez is on trial for murder.

And how did he help them win the SB this year? I am pretty sure they cut him the moment he was arrested and allowed fans to trade in his jersey for any other player. Good try though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg Hardy signing irks Dallas mayor

"I'm a big Cowboys fan. I love them to death and I want them to beat the Eagles every time they play," Rawlings told reporters. "But at some point, being a sports fan gets trumped by being a father, husband, wanting to do what's right for women, so this is not a good thing. I don't think I'm going to be buying Hardy jerseys any time soon."

Rawlings said the Cowboys' decision to sign Hardy makes him "take pause," after some of the good the team has done in the areas of curbing domestic violence.

"I think the attention on this issue is helping," Rawlings said. "For too long, that line was really vague. It was a gray area. I think that line is getting very clear now. You never, never, never hit a woman. In this case common knowledge says he did. It's unacceptable by me and he's going to have to deal with the repercussions of that. I'm sorry that happened for the woman. I'm sorry that happened for him, but it did and we've got to deal with it going forward now."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...takes-issue-dallas-cowboys-signing-greg-hardy

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Owner says he let Greg Hardy leave

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made it clear on Monday that it was his decision not to try to re-sign defensive end Greg Hardy, now a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Whose call would you think that would be?'' Richardson told ESPN.com at the NFL owners meetings.

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson says he decided not to re-sign defensive end Greg Hardy because "we do the right things."

Asked why he made that call, Richardson said, "We do the right things.''

A Mecklenburg (North Carolina) County judge found Hardy guilty on July 15 of assaulting and threatening to kill ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder. That verdict was set aside under North Carolina law when Hardy asked for a jury trial.

The charges were dropped on Feb. 9 with the district attorney's office saying Holder refused to cooperate in the investigation once she received a financial settlement with Hardy.

The Panthers never made an effort to re-sign Hardy, who became a free agent on Feb. 10.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-jerry-richardson-my-call-not-keep-greg-hardy

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When Hardy wrecks havoc on opposing offenses, no Cowboys fan will still be feeling bad about this signing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard