OT-ESPN NCAA tournament challenge

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best year for me since the first year of the contest when I picked the winner and finished in the top 3-400. This year I picked Syracuse(I had them and Texas but the other half of the final 4 I had wrong) and i finished #4231. Last year they had nearly a million entries, I believe they had more this year not positive.

Winner had 1500 points, I had 1120 shows you how good you have to do to win this thing I nailed 2 of the final 4 and the final game(way off on score I had Syracuse winning 64-62 over Arizona), and still didn't come close to the top scorer.

Grand prize winner got 10K. Still it is kind of cool to see your score as listed in the top 99.5%, last year I did horrible wasn't even close.

I'm convinced the reason I did better is UCLA wasn't in the tourney so I didn't have the usual built in bias of picking them and ranking other teams on how they played against UCLA. Before the tournament I told my boss Carmelo was the best player in the country and he'd take Syracuse all the way, for a change I was right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn