OT DeShaun Watson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday a massage therapist filed a case against him and today another one was file. he denied the case yesterday. ESPN is reporting that there are SIX cases out there, only 2 have filed suits so far but the other 4 are considering it now that the first 2 have gone public. The first 2 were filed by the same lawyer he apparently has had the other 4 contact him now too.

Watson says the lawyer demanded a 6 figure settlement, he refused, so they filed the suits.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That same lawyer has ties to Texans owner...spent a grip of money trying to convince McNair to draft Manziel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This just sounds fishy. This all comes out now that Waston wants to leave Houston and both woman or being represented by the same lawyer? Just wierd.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just sounds fishy. This all comes out now that Waston wants to leave Houston and both woman or being represented by the same lawyer? Just wierd.

That was my thought too but when you get to 6 it starts to make the thing harder to ignore.

Very weird story though

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pg-13 version of the allegations. 1 allegation.

he wanted the massager to oil his exit lane and kept exposing his frontside

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3rd lawsuit filed today, lawyer says 3 more are coming and he's still getting calls from others who claim something similar happened.

He apparently is the guy who put up billboards telling McNair to draft Manziel, but so far there's no indication he has some vendetta against McNair or Watson.

Story is getting weird, at this point if this is a money grab you'd think the women would and the lawyer would be smarter about it not all ganging up at once. The lawyer is now asking for protection because he's getting multiple death threats against himself and his children he says.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird one.

All I can say is that I'd have put Watson down as one of the last guys to do this. Seem's like a solid, stand up dude.

Also weird to have no rumors at all surrounding Watson despite the media coverage the NFL gets and then multiple allegations to come out at once.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well it just can’t be true because qbs we like don’t do such things. Now Big Ben, that’s another isssue.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird one.

All I can say is that I'd have put Watson down as one of the last guys to do this. Seem's like a solid, stand up dude.

Also weird to have no rumors at all surrounding Watson despite the media coverage the NFL gets and then multiple allegations to come out at once.

Yeah I never really followed him until the trade stuff started but he's a big guy with charities and stuff like that so it does strike you as odd.

as for the lack of rumors Winslow and Darren Sharper I'm not sure if there were rumors about them before they suddenly were both revealed to be sexual predators but I think both of them started after they were done playing. young guy like Watson is pretty high profile in Texas.

Just a strange story but apparently there are more cases coming.

An aside probably not a surprise but a friend of mine has a girlfriend who's a massage therapist she said her friend told her you literally would have a hard time finding a female massage therapist who hasn't had a borderline sex assault by a customer. I pointed this out elsewhere they had a woman on CNN last night who's part of some national registry of massage therapists, she said since the high profile case in Florida where authorities just basically let a bunch of rich white men off, including the Pats owner Kraft, it's basically sent a signal to customers it's ok for them to expect sex at a massage.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking rough with 9 accusers, ill let the facts play out though

TMZ says 9 women and the lawyer says he is talking to several more. It's impossible to know but that is a crazy number of people to come forward like this.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess thats wait and see. I usually don't get paranoid about these situations but he's playing hardball with a billionaire. I expect McNair would do anything to make life hell for Watson.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well it just can’t be true because qbs we like don’t do such things. Now Big Ben, that’s another isssue.
I lived in Tahoe when that happened, and that woman has said she made it up.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Believe women.

The percentage of false allegations is like 5%.
That percentage is based off of the amount of women who admit to lying. I like the sentiment considering how big of an issue sexual assault is, I just don't think it works in practice.

I have a relative who was a therapist. She told me she had tons of women clients who admitted to her they were lying about sexual assaults to hurt men in their lives. None of those clients would show up in your statistics. I've seen women lie about their boyfriends beating them when they thought said boyfriend was cheating. People lie for malicious reasons all the time.

However with 9 accusers in Watsons case you're probably right. One of the accusations is particularly sickening.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 lawsuits now apparently 2 more on the way.

I have no idea but one of the speculations is because of Covid, NFL players weren't able to "hook up" with groupies like they have always done and people looked for different "outlets" and this may have been what got Watson in hot water.

this many cases is tough even if the whole thing is untrue when you're accused of nine it's going to take awhile to clear your name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose