OT- cuts by other teams that intrigue you. Yah! or nah!

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
So the Pat's just traded cb Duke dawson. So essentially they gave a 2018 2nd and 4th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick, all for a 2020 6th round pick.

Ouch

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
So the Pat's just traded cb Duke dawson. So essentially they gave a 2018 2nd and 4th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick, all for a 2020 6th round pick.

Ouch

And yet they keep winning Superbowl after Superbowl...

The Pats do not manage personnel like any other team...they view draft picks as liquid assets. They absolutely have ZERO "sunk cost bias" affecting their decisions... Chad Williams would have been cut two years ago on the Pats with not a tear shed.

The find players who either fit their system or they tweak their system to accomodate the players, who are all fringe "great stories" from a small conference or converted from one position to another.

Somehow it never bites them in the rear... Whatever deal they made with the devil has worked beautifully... Seems as long as Brady is ok and Bill is wearing a hoody, they are a playoff team (not to mention the year Cassell led them to the playoffs)...

Look how many teams have tried to imitate and have failed miserably.

All you can do is tip your hat...

rweb

Rookie
Reaction score
Dallas just cut a RB named Darius Jackson that is an amazing athlete but has just never been given a chance with their crowded backfield

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
And yet they keep winning Superbowl after Superbowl...

The Pats do not manage personnel like any other team...they view draft picks as liquid assets. They absolutely have ZERO "sunk cost bias" affecting their decisions... Chad Williams would have been cut two years ago on the Pats with not a tear shed.

The find players who either fit their system or they tweak their system to accomodate the players, who are all fringe "great stories" from a small conference or converted from one position to another.

Somehow it never bites them in the rear... Whatever deal they made with the devil has worked beautifully... Seems as long as Brady is ok and Bill is wearing a hoody, they are a playoff team (not to mention the year Cassell led them to the playoffs)...

Look how many teams have tried to imitate and have failed miserably.

All you can do is tip your hat...
The point was. Even the best team of the last decade makes mistakes. Pats having Brady and bill b. cover many deficiencies. It's a heck of a luxury. Just think of how many qbs we have had since Brady started.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kiko Alonso is getting let go by the Dolphins

he is a vested vet, so no waiver claim

an experienced ILB who is in the run and chase mode

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane Ray cut by Ravens

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
43m

Surprise cut: Bills are releasing LeSean McCoy, per source.

I don't believe that should come as a surprise. Big money, older player, Devin Singletary ( Frank Gore is the anti McCoy ) so along with Gore they have T J Yeldon.

Patriots cut a slew.

New England Patriots
Players cut to reach 53: FB Andrew Beck, WR Braxton Berrios, WR Gunner Olszewski, LB Calvin Munson, TE Stephen Anderson, TE Eric Saubert, DL Ufomba Kamalu, OL Tyree St. Louis, OL Cedrick Lang, DT David Parry, WR Ryan Davis, DB A.J. Howard, QB Brian Hoyer

Berrios, Olszewski, Munson should draw interest

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe that should come as a surprise. Big money, older player, Devin Singletary ( Frank Gore is the anti McCoy ).

Patriots cut a slew.

New England Patriots
Players cut to reach 53: FB Andrew Beck, WR Braxton Berrios, WR Gunner Olszewski, LB Calvin Munson, TE Stephen Anderson, TE Eric Saubert, DL Ufomba Kamalu, OL Tyree St. Louis, OL Cedrick Lang, DT David Parry, WR Ryan Davis, DB A.J. Howard, QB Brian Hoyer

Berrios, Olszewski, Munson should draw interest

Who is the New England back up QB?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Noah Spence got released by TB. I remember I was all for drafting him back in 2016. Had a good rookie year but injuries have slowed him down the last 2 years.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John Franklin Mayers and Brandon Marshall would be 2 solid additions

I would just use Reddick as Blitzer lb in the 3th downs

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love McCoy on the cheap to pair with DJ. In a down year, he still had 34 receptions out of three backfield.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
John Franklin Mayers is the only good one to be cut. Wonder if a suspension or other issue is at hand.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard