OT: Chiefs starting WRs

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Projected as Scantling, Schuster, Hardman…

Is that really striking fear in anyone? Obviously the Mahomes factor but come on. Still can’t believe they traded Hill.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Projected as Scantling, Schuster, Hardman…

Is that really striking fear in anyone? Obviously the Mahomes factor but come on. Still can’t believe they traded Hill.
I do expect this group of receivers having 2500 yards if they stay healthy

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus they have Mahomes.
Ya but we have Kyler… lol…. Their Cubbard is pretty bare at the position imo. Can’t discount what Hill brought to the table.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Have to play them honest.. it’s a nice contrasting combo - Scantling one of the better deep threats in the league (about the only thing he seemed good at in GB… guy has had a 60+ yard TD every season. Seems like all of his TDs are of the long variety). Hardman we all know is a speedster, just not refined at anything else really.. then you have 2 excellent position receivers in Kelce and Juju.

Still I agree losing Hill is massive. There’s not another player like him in this league.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they’ll get back to being better balanced. More of the successful run game Reid is known for, Kelce and Juju working the underneath and intermediate and Hardman and Scantling stretching the field. It presents opportunities. Look at what Rodgers has done with average at best receiving groups for the majority of his career.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Schuster is going to make people forget about Hill in KC. I can see him having a tremendous season in KC. It's just a gut feeling I have. He's just coming into his prime years.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always thought that GB had VG receivers, but it could be that they were good because of Aaron Rodgers. I wonder what kind of numbers Larry Fitzgerald would have put up if he played for GB.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards will need a run game in this one to avoid the 42-24 asskicking impatient teams often suffer in games played against the Chiefs. It would behoove the Cards to slow this one down to frustrate Mahomes, Kelce, Hardman, and JuJu. All the sudden those plays on KC get a little more predictable after running the ball down their throat for a touchdown. That's timeless. Teams can't stand twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines waiting to play offense. Can cause forcing the ball, impatience. I want to be on the other side of that where Mahomes is getting razzed by Watt and forcing the football. It makes points off three and outs almost essential for the Cardinals. Points off turnovers as well. Zero points off a Mahomes pick would likely result in a loss. Only a few teams if any in today's football are good enough defensively to stave teams off without scoring with the current rules in place.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cards will need a run game in this one to avoid the 42-24 asskicking impatient teams often suffer in games played against the Chiefs. It would behoove the Cards to slow this one down to frustrate Mahomes, Kelce, Hardman, and JuJu. All the sudden those plays on KC get a little more predictable after running the ball down their throat for a touchdown. That's timeless. Teams can't stand twiddling their thumbs on the sidelines waiting to play offense. Can cause forcing the ball, impatience. I want to be on the other side of that where Mahomes is getting razzed by Watt and forcing the football. It makes points off three and outs almost essential for the Cardinals. Points off turnovers as well. Zero points off a Mahomes pick would likely result in a loss. Only a few teams if any in today's football are good enough defensively to stave teams off without scoring with the current rules in place.
You are not getting three and outs against the Chiefs with our current defense so early in the season (I can already see the Chiefs rotating personnel and our confused young guys draining timeouts as our defense cannot get the right substitutions in to generate a pass rush). Though they say the defense has the advantage early in the season till offenses hit their stride, Andy Reid and Mahomes will get their first downs. The Cards will only win by outscoring them. Yeah, you are dead right, we need a running game which Kliff has proven he can actually do with the best of them, but he's so obsessed with passing formations he has tendency to be his own worst enemy when calling plays. Again, he is like an addict with that compulsive behavior. We start winning running the ball and then he thinks it's ok trying to define himself as a passing genius when it's the run that is making his passing success viable

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill was one of the best WRs in the NFL last year -- and maybe the most explosive WR in the NFL

he also seems to be a capital D diva

that said, him being gone knocks the Chiefs WR group down the list materially

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose