OT: As per the norm stay 10 miles away from any wide receiver that Russ Smith wants

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talked to my buddy in Denver PD...
In CO all DV cases are automatically no bail.
But this criminal tampering, he says usually occurs when you take someone's phone and won't let them call 911...
Apparently it holds similar weight to tipping a portapotty or TP'ing someone's house.
Usually pretty minor....but the state presses charges automatically since it is a DV situation.

So the assumption is HER phone must have been in her wallet that he took because she took HIS phone, thats' in the police report. So he must have taken hers too.

Such a weird story glad nobody got hurt but man seems like he could have resolved this so much easier

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P
So the assumption is HER phone must have been in her wallet that he took because she took HIS phone, thats' in the police report. So he must have taken hers too.

Such a weird story glad nobody got hurt but man seems like he could have resolved this so much easier
its literally your fault not his. As soon as you praised him and said you would like to have him he was screwed from that second on…. His career no matter what happens here is firmly in the ******* :) lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P

its literally your fault not his. As soon as you praised him and said you would like to have him he was screwed from that second on…. His career no matter what happens here is firmly in the ******* :) lol

Unfortunately probably true

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was an argument where stupid people did stupid stuff but no violence. This happens every day with 1,000s of people across the US and we never hear about it bc they’re not pro athletes. Nothing to see here.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an argument where stupid people did stupid stuff but no violence. This happens every day with 1,000s of people across the US and we never hear about it bc they’re not pro athletes. Nothing to see here.
I’m actually quite shocked this was deemed any kind of DV and an actual arrest was made. It’s sorta disgusting.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
You definitely can’t do that in the state of Nevada…. For it to be DV it must be actual physical violence with a partner or family member. Now granted when I say violence it could be just something as simple as a push. The add on you’re referring to that they can just tack on sounds like utter BS to me. SMH
"They" want to push the inclusion criteria further. As they push this "predominant aggrrssor" concept, they're including "coercive control" language. From memory these include 1) threatening suicide or to kill animals 2) restricting financial access 3) using demeaning language (calling someone a B) 4) prohibiting access to medical/911/etc, 5) cyber stalking, and one other I can remember.

Under the proposed language, one could conceivably have a spouse frivolously spending joint income (and all your income is considered joint when married), research their browser history to discover they are gaming/gambling it away, call the financial institution to cancel all cards/sweep the account, and then get into an argument when she (or he) comes home and say "you stupid (insert whatever)", and your ass just popped on 3/6 markers for coercive control.

I've read opinions from these same people stating the advent of smart home devices (ie- a smart thermostat) is creating new ways for spouses to abuse the other because they are in charge of the climate control in the residence, and they are now empowered over the other. Haha- if that's the case, growing up my parents should have been spending decades behind bars!

Ya bro, in AZ you don’t need to have any physical contact to be charged (and possibly convicted) of DV. This also applies to anyone 15 or older. 2 brothers of age can get into a skirmish over the damn Xbox and find themselves with a DV conviction that will stick with them for life. They would be precluded from military service and any other work with the federal govt.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"They" want to push the inclusion criteria further. As they push this "predominant aggrrssor" concept, they're including "coercive control" language. From memory these include 1) threatening suicide or to kill animals 2) restricting financial access 3) using demeaning language (calling someone a B) 4) prohibiting access to medical/911/etc, 5) cyber stalking, and one other I can remember.

Under the proposed language, one could conceivably have a spouse frivolously spending joint income (and all your income is considered joint when married), research their browser history to discover they are gaming/gambling it away, call the financial institution to cancel all cards/sweep the account, and then get into an argument when she (or he) comes home and say "you stupid (insert whatever)", and your ass just popped on 3/6 markers for coercive control.

I've read opinions from these same people stating the advent of smart home devices (ie- a smart thermostat) is creating new ways for spouses to abuse the other because they are in charge of the climate control in the residence, and they are now empowered over the other. Haha- if that's the case, growing up my parents should have been spending decades behind bars!

Ya bro, in AZ you don’t need to have any physical contact to be charged (and possibly convicted) of DV. This also applies to anyone 15 or older. 2 brothers of age can get into a skirmish over the damn Xbox and find themselves with a DV conviction that will stick with them for life. They would be precluded from military service and any other work with the federal govt.
Seriously WTF bro…..

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Talked to my buddy in Denver PD...
In CO all DV cases are automatically no bail.
But this criminal tampering, he says usually occurs when you take someone's phone and won't let them call 911...
Apparently it holds similar weight to tipping a portapotty or TP'ing someone's house.
Usually pretty minor....but the state presses charges automatically since it is a DV situation.
This is true. DV is an enhancer for any crime involving/against a person you have had an intimate relationship with. Auto no-bond until a judicial officer holds a bond hearing. Misdemeanor offense.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is true. DV is an enhancer for any crime involving/against a person you have had an intimate relationship with. Auto no-bond until a judicial officer holds a bond hearing. Misdemeanor offense.
I actually think the auto no bond is a good thing because it provides a cooling off period so the person doesn't post bail quick and gets back out while they are still p****d off and ends up doing something stupid because they are still riled up.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think the auto no bond is a good thing because it provides a cooling off period so the person doesn't post bail quick and gets back out while they are still p****d off and ends up doing something stupid because they are still riled up.
It is in a true DV incident… this incident it’s utter nonsense just like all the add on DV BS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped following this with all the other stuff going on but I guess 2 weeks ago the gf asked the authorities to drop the charges that she never felt threatened, she just wanted it to be "monitored" and hadn't realized the implications of her calling with the DV charge. the DA hasn't decided yet they did release Jeudy but he has to appear before the DA on May 31 to find out what happens next.

The article said ordinarily that would imply he won't face any charges but since its' also quite common for women to refuse to press charges in DV incidents it was impossible to guess what the DA will do.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Weird story ALabama sites are saying similar, he took medical paperwork from the child and her wallet and locked it in his car presumably to prevent her from leaving. She called police. Not sure where the tampering part comes in unless he somehow disabled her car? that seems to be what people are speculating on Bama sites that Jeudy pulled a fuse out of her car to the starter so it wouldn't start but I have no idea if that's what really happened.

If this turns out to be a non event I demand a full apology from Shane :Dold
clear case of reading the headline without reading the article….

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA