OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he isn't good enough to put up with the headache of him having an active case for threatening to shoot a stripper. If the case is dropped or settled he'll be back in the league.

Its been 7 months and he's not been charged. There's nothing to drop because he was never charged and he never will be. There's no video evidence and it's him and his boys word vs 2 strippers that skipped away after the encounter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just going to point out that Philon was never charged with anything (and never will be) and that Keim's reaction was over the top. There was no need to cut Philon until such a time as he was charged. You can't go round cutting players because some stripper accused him of something.

You have a cop finding drugs in Patrick Chungs house and the Pats don't cut him. But a stripper makes an accusation and Keim cuts the cord.

Yeah he isn't good enough to put up with the headache of him having an active case for threatening to shoot a stripper. If the case is dropped or settled he'll be back in the league.

Its been 7 months and he's not been charged. There's nothing to drop because he was never charged and he never will be. There's no video evidence and it's him and his boys word vs 2 strippers that skipped away after the encounter.

I thought there was video?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Trai Turner would be a big upgrade on our interior. Very athletic guard who can absolutely dominate.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Field Yates (@FieldYates)
3/2/20, 12:59 PM
Panthers G Trai Turner has been to the Pro Bowl five straight seasons, is just 26 years old and under contract for two more year for $20.5M. Very desirable trade target.
Well..... At RG we could cut Sweezy (saving 4mm IIRC) and plug in Trai. I think it would cost us 6mm extra though.

NM..... Cap hit is 12.3mm with a dead cap # of 9.6mm. Isn't this the type of guy you keep around for that price?

May be too costly unless he is cut.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well..... At RG we could cut Sweezy (saving 4mm IIRC) and plug in Trai. I think it would cost us 6mm extra though.

NM..... Cap hit is 12.3mm with a dead cap # of 9.6mm. Isn't this the type of guy you keep around for that price?

May be too costly unless he is cut.

Sweezy was good last year most of the time.

Before training camp, I would've bet he would be the lines weakling but I think he was the most consistent performer.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sweezy was good once we shifted to more of a run team.

However, to execute Kliff's offense the way he wants I think we eventually need someone more athletic/much better.

I wouldnt force it, but I wouldnt be mad if they went after Turner.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It happened in May, reported to PD in June, they investigated and then arrested and charged him for aggravated assault with a weapon in August. The case has not yet been adjudicated, but he was charged with the crime.
https://www.mugshotsonline.com/arizona/phoenix/darius-philon/3707412462

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought there was video?
There is, but what is out there isn't very damning. You see him and his friend and the two ladies go to his car. There they talk and then the two ladies walk back to the club, one is smiling. It certainly didn't look like two people that just had a gun pulled on them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not going to bother tracking it down but I remember a video. Lot more interesting things to discuss.

There is video which shows nothing.

When I say no charges I mean he was arrested, appeared in court, was bailed until a 2nd court date a week later which never happened. That was 5 months ago. So I'm guessing they never took it forward.

I assume because the only "evidence" showed two women chatting, nobody jumped or panicked, then they skip away.

It was a BS accusation and the FO should have waited until they had more information. There was no reason to cut him. Everyone should have due process.

He did walk around in public as a grown ass man with his shirt off though. Cuttable offense.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When I say no charges I mean he was arrested, appeared in court, was bailed until a 2nd court date a week later which never happened. That was 5 months ago. So I'm guessing they never took it forward.

I assume because the only "evidence" showed two women chatting, nobody jumped or panicked, then they skip away.

It was a BS accusation and the FO should have waited until they had more information. There was no reason to cut him. Everyone should have due process.

He did walk around in public as a grown ass man with his shirt off though. Cuttable offense.

Mr. BritCard

Sir,

Your thoughtful conclusions and advice are duly noted and will be kept on file for future reference.

Yours truly,

Michael Bidwill
Chairman / President of the Arizona Cardinals,
attorney at law, former federal prosecutor.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

hate to burst your bubble, as I do agree with your due process position, but this case is still very active and alive. Trial is currently set for April.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2019-006668

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA