OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
FWIW - More from Albright:

Rome Oduzne is viewed as the #3 WR by most teams. Nabers and MHJ are interchangeable as #1.

Giants would select Nabers if they can't get a QB.

To trade back with NYG a first round pick next year is likely to come ARI way. Might also involve a swap of a 2nd or 3rd.

Drake May is the favorite to go #3 to NE.

Chargers looking to trade down. Not guaranteed they select MHJ as they want to establish smash mouth identity.

Eh I wouldn’t rule out Nabers lasting to the Bears pick. If both guys are available at #8 I think the Falcons take the more mature player in Odunze.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May not be so easy to trade back up to #5

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
things that wouldnt shock me in the top ten / assuming QBs go 1-4 with the Cards trading out:

The Chargers taking Joe Alt at #5
The Giants taking Nabers at #6
with Alt gone, the Titans at 7 trading down to a team wanting to come up for WR MHJ
the Bears looking to trade back - after the two #1s, they are light on draft capital

money back guarantee on all my predictions

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Benjamin Allbright said most teams consider MHJ/Nabers a level above Odunze. He's closer to Brian Thomas Jr according to everything he's hearing.

However, all it takes is one, Monti, to consider Odunze as the top guy or behind MHJ.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
things that wouldnt shock me in the top ten / assuming QBs go 1-4 with the Cards trading out:

with Alt gone, the Titans at 7 trading down to a team wanting to come up for WR MHJ
the Bears looking to trade back - after the two #1s, they are light on draft capital

I think the Chargers could trade back even if the Cardinals move out. And I don't believe they would 100% take Alt over MHJ

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the draft goes QB, QB, QB, QB...I'm not shocked if the Jets, Bears, Rams look to jump to 5 for MHJ. Chargers want picks, WR and OL and it is a deep draft for both OL and WR. My guess is their board would look like AZs. MHJ, trade back, Nabers, Alt.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Benjamin Allbright said most teams consider MHJ/Nabers a level above Odunze. He's closer to Brian Thomas Jr according to everything he's hearing.

However, all it takes is one, Monti, to consider Odunze as the top guy or behind MHJ.
Oof. I don’t think that’s accurate unless some teams really love BTJ.

The Jamokes on the Athletic Football Podcast were both pumping up Odunze as their guy in the top 10 because he does everything at a plus level but maybe doesn’t have any elite traits (although well behind MHJ).

The concern is that Nabers can make the house call that Odunze probably can’t.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Allbright also said the Chargers want to trade back, but may be forced to stick and pick. They'd likely take Marvin or Nabers. Chargers don't have Joe Alt as their #1 OL. They'd rather trade back and get the guy they want, but might be forced to just take BPA.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Allbright also said the Chargers want to trade back, but may be forced to stick and pick. They'd likely take Marvin or Nabers. Chargers don't have Joe Alt as their #1 OL. They'd rather trade back and get the guy they want, but might be forced to just take BPA.
They have Fuaga (I would guess and speculate).

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

If it actually played out like this, and we were able to trade up from 11/12 up to 7 and still get MHJ while acquiring a lot of additional capital, that would be a dream scenario for us!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
in fact, a first round of

Williams
Daniels
Maye
MHJ/JJ
JJ/MHJ
Nabers
Alt
Turner
Murphy
Rome
Fuaga
Bowers
Olu
Fautano
Verse

with the Rams taking BTJ and Dallas taking Penix...

might treat a certain poster VERY NICELY.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in fact, a first round of

Williams
Daniels
Maye
MHJ/JJ
JJ/MHJ
Nabers
Alt
Turner
Murphy
Rome
Fuaga
Bowers
Olu
Fautano
Verse

with the Rams taking BTJ and Dallas taking Penix...

might treat a certain poster VERY NICELY.

BTJ Is a top 15 pick, actually i think Is very underrated , has similliar traits of Harrison jr and what nfl teams like also, he Is a very good blocker

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
BTJ Is a top 15 pick, actually i think Is very underrated , has similliar traits of Harrison jr and what nfl teams like also, he Is a very good blocker
Maybe. Top 15 doesn't always have the best players.

4 QBs go...11
3 Wrs are better...8
4 OL...4
Bowers...3
3 defensive players...BTJ does not go in the top 15

He is the 4th best WR in this class and that pushes him down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe. Top 15 doesn't always have the best players.

4 QBs go...11
3 Wrs are better...8
4 OL...4
Bowers...3
3 defensive players...BTJ does not go in the top 15

He is the 4th best WR in this class and that pushes him down.
The latest rumor is that the Raiders are considering Pennix so we might see him go even later.

Agree completely that BTJ isn't a top 15 pick.