Ossenfort is Kicking the Hornets’ Nest in this Draft.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually by now I can relate several interesting rumors making the rounds. I can’t this year. Ossenfort has exploded the rumor mill to the extent that nothing is likely. Everything depends on what the Cards do with whom. It would be pointless for me to tell you what I hear as no one really has a clue what Ossenfort will do. Even if he gets his 3 firsts desire, there is no certainty he pulls the trigger. The frenzy is such he might even get a bigger offer. It’s that crazy. Very few people like next year’s QB class. Making things even more complicated is Gannon is basically a defense first guy. He’d be okay with Ossenfort getting him 2 or more premium defenders. Weaponizing the offense could be a secondary consideration. My best guess is things haven’t changed much from my first impression. The Cards want one of the top 3 WRs. Beyond that they will think defense. They’d like to make a deal with the Giants, but their offers so far are weak comparatively. Pleasing fans next year is not a factor. They want impact players and will be patient about a balanced team. I’m fairly certain the Pats take a QB, though they’re getting offers. If the Cards don’t trade, the Chargers will. Get ready for the fireworks.

For all of the talk about the first round being a trade fest, it was actually quite boring trade wise this year. Kind of crazy.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Most experts feel we killed the draft…. A few complainers around here but that’s to be expected.
Yeah, from what I read it seems like we addressed a lot of needs, and took high upside players. I guess you could hope for trading up for higher level rush ends/CB's, but at this point I'll give Monti the benefit of the doubt.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, from what I read it seems like we addressed a lot of needs, and took high upside players. I guess you could hope for trading up for higher level rush ends/CB's, but at this point I'll give Monti the benefit of the doubt.
What!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see you say that.

It's obvious based on the players selected, that the Senior Bowl and Shrine game were tools used to select players this year.

Not going to lie, I'm cautiously excited about Isaiah Adams after seeing Jim Nagy's Twitter thread on him. He seems pretty convicted about Adams, and Nagy is a guy who has been around a ton of great players.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see you say that.

It's obvious based on the players selected, that the Senior Bowl and Shrine game were tools used to select players this year.

Not going to lie, I'm cautiously excited about Isaiah Adams after seeing Jim Nagy's Twitter thread on him. He seems pretty convicted about Adams, and Nagy is a guy who has been around a ton of great players.
Well he didn't get too wonky with trading down and took the sure thing with Harrison, which was a huge part of the puzzle moving forward. All of the picks attempt to address our major weaknesses (and we got a good blocking TE...always looking for the next Maxxxxx).

I still would have liked more money spent in the offseason (especially on D) to try and compete this year...the NFC still isn't that good! Nothing to do with that at this point though, so hopefully the rookie class gets lots of reps and we're really ready to compete next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well he didn't get too wonky with trading down and took the sure thing with Harrison, which was a huge part of the puzzle moving forward. All of the picks attempt to address our major weaknesses (and we got a good blocking TE...always looking for the next Maxxxxx).

I still would have liked more money spent in the offseason (especially on D) to try and compete this year...the NFC still isn't that good! Nothing to do with that at this point though, so hopefully the rookie class gets lots of reps and we're really ready to compete next year.
You'll get your wish next year when the Cardinals literally have to spend to have a roster LOL.

I don't disagree that they could do more in FA this year. Monti seems to like more of the Green Bay and Pittsburgh approach of being conservative in FA.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You'll get your wish next year when the Cardinals literally have to spend to have a roster LOL.

I don't disagree that they could do more in FA this year. Monti seems to like more of the Green Bay and Pittsburgh approach of being conservative in FA.
Ha, that's what folks said LAST offseason :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

I thought I was the only Maxx fan around here