Ossenfort is Kicking the Hornets’ Nest in this Draft.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said from day one Monty is trading this pick. I am not going to change my opinion on that but having said that I would be lying if I said that doubt has definitely been creeping in my mind. Monty is smart enough to make a trade and then another to get the player that he wants. Which means he is also smart enough to kick the tires to see which teams might spoil his plans by trading up to other spots.

The anticipation is killing me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we've never had an easier decision to make imo - if kyler's our guy and if we want him to be successful then we turn the got damn ringer off and go with the generational talent

especially after just getting screwed on the texas trade
I really do not understand why you and so many other Cards fans are so convinced there is only 1 generational talent in this draft when almost every team rates the top 3 receivers very close and many have Nabors as the #1 wide out.

I for one am very much hoping we can trade out of 4 and get one of the top 3 WR's, to me that is by far the best outcome because I find it ludicrous to be certain MHJ is guaranteed to be the next star WR AND at the same time also know the other 2 top guys will pale by comparison. History tells you anyone making such a claim is basing it off of nothing real.

The wise move by far is to get additional 1st 2nd and 3rd picks which all have a good chance to become starting caliber players

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd argue we got screwed in that we passed up on the rookie of the year on defense for what isn't an extremely premium pick. Screwed is hyperbole, but it's still enough to leave a bad taste in one's mouth.
This is correct. Hindsight is 20/20 but Monti made that trade thinking the Houston pick would be top ten. No different than the Bears pick they got from Carolina. Of course they got the #1 pick and we got "screwed". It's just the Cardinals way.
However, the thought process that we should have just stayed and taken the "talent" (i.e. Will Anderson) is the same thing some of us are advocating for this year. Quit trying to get cute and outsmart everyone. Just take the best player and next probable future all pro in MHJ.
As for last year, we will see how Paris Johnson and who ever we pick at #27 turn out compared to Will Anderson.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really do not understand why you and so many other Cards fans are so convinced there is only 1 generational talent in this draft when almost every team rates the top 3 receivers very close and many have Nabors as the #1 wide out.

I for one am very much hoping we can trade out of 4 and get one of the top 3 WR's, to me that is by far the best outcome because I find it ludicrous to be certain MHJ is guaranteed to be the next star WR AND at the same time also know the other 2 top guys will pale by comparison. History tells you anyone making such a claim is basing it off of nothing real.

The wise move by far is to get additional 1st 2nd and 3rd picks which all have a good chance to become starting caliber players
I dont really have an opinion on your post. I just clicked Like to offset K9's Dislike...trying to keep you balanced bro

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont really have an opinion on your post. I just clicked Like to offset K9's Dislike...trying to keep you balanced bro
I don't understand why anyone would disagree with me, because clearly my opinion mirrors Ossenfort's - he has said as much.

Anybody disagreeing with me is just in denial IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would disagree with me, because clearly my opinion mirrors Ossenfort's - he has said as much.

Anybody disagreeing with me is just in denial IMO.
People say things all the time especially at this time of the year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People say things all the time especially at this time of the year.
If Ossenfort truly believe as many of you on here that he would be dumb not to take MHJ because he is superhuman, why would he say he is open for business - numerous times. How would that benefit him?

When asked about how fans want one particular player, his answer was we will do what is best for the team - TRANSLATION I want extra picks because I don't see that player as significantly better than other options.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every day and twice on Sunday. Especially since we didn’t just get Paris. We also had to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick to get Paris, while getting back only a 4th.

We didn't give up a first; we flopped firsts.

The Cardinals selected Ohio State offensive tackle Paris Johnson with the No. 6 overall pick off the 2023 NFL Draft after completing a trade with the Lions on Thursday night. Detroit traded down from the sixth spot to No. 12, also acquiring the Cardinals' 34th overall pick and pick No. 168. Arizona also received pick No. 81 as part of the deal.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
PJJ was an LT in college or did he play RT in college too? Switching positions your rookie season will make your college to pro transition more difficult.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Ossenfort truly believe as many of you on here that he would be dumb not to take MHJ because he is superhuman, why would he say he is open for business - numerous times. How would that benefit him?

When asked about how fans want one particular player, his answer was we will do what is best for the team - TRANSLATION I want extra picks because I don't see that player as significantly better than other options.
Who are these people? What is the haul (specifically) that would persuade you to move off MHJ?

It's never a bad idea to say you'll listen to trade proposals -- obviously. But I would be LOATHE to move below six overall for less than three first round picks. I probably wouldn't move within the top six for less than a 2024 second round pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was he in the Pro Bowl?

winning the DROY is nice -- it beats not winning it. But being 51st in sacks is kinda the definition of mid
just keep on with the specious argument, ignoring him being 1ST in Pressures IN THE LEAGUE to go along with those 7 sacks and 10 TFL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
PJJ was an LT in college or did he play RT in college too? Switching positions your rookie season will make your college to pro transition more difficult.
Why are we doing this again? He was an RG for two years in college and an LT for one year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are these people? What is the haul (specifically) that would persuade you to move off MHJ?

It's never a bad idea to say you'll listen to trade proposals -- obviously. But I would be LOATHE to move below six overall for less than three first round picks. I probably wouldn't move within the top six for less than a 2024 second round pick.
If…IF, Monti really likes Odunze more than MHJ and trades out of the 4 th slot he’d better have a deal in place to move back up to get him.