Oregon at ASU: Thursday Night

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I find the continual military genuflection both at NFL and college games to be quite tiresome.

I don't like when any entity takes advantage of PT's name and legacy. I'm fine with the Tillman Tunnel and the Tillman statue in front of UofP stadium, which appropriately honor his legacy and ensure no one ever forgets who he is and what he sacrificed, but what reason did ASU have to doll itself up in camouflage gloves and cleats and have his quote on warmup shirts? It seemed more like self-promotion than honoring his legacy. I found it distasteful.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like when any entity takes advantage of PT's name and legacy. I'm fine with the Tillman Tunnel and the Tillman statue in front of UofP stadium, which appropriately honor his legacy and ensure no one ever forgets who he is and what he sacrificed, but what reason did ASU have to doll itself up in camouflage gloves and cleats and have his quote on warmup shirts? It seemed more like self-promotion than honoring his legacy. I found it distasteful.

I am kind of tired of it as well. But the Tillman family was on board with this. It was used to publicize the Tillman foundation, which gives scholarships. His sister and brother seemed to be prominent in this last week

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check out these stats from the game:

First downs ... ASU 37, Oregon 19
Yards ... ASU 742, Oregon 501
Rushing yards ... ASU 344, Oregon 186
3rd down efficiency ... ASU 14-23, Oregon 3-14

Too bad we didn't win the scoreboard stat.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Check out these stats from the game:

First downs ... ASU 37, Oregon 19
Yards ... ASU 742, Oregon 501
Rushing yards ... ASU 344, Oregon 186
3rd down efficiency ... ASU 14-23, Oregon 3-14

Too bad we didn't win the scoreboard stat.

Only the horrific play-calling from Norvell could grab that loss from the hands of victory... [emoji26]

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And putting "TILLMAN" on every jersey. A buddy and I were speculating that they're only a few years away adding a flowing blond wig for every player's Tillman 'costume'.

He was a great dude and worth honoring but they went to an extent that was excessive and tacky.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He was a great dude and worth honoring but they went to an extent that was excessive and tacky.

Especially because Pat was such a free thinker and anti-establishment guy. I'd be very curious to see with everything the government and military did to him, how Pat would feel about being essentially a military recruiting tool.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too think putting the name of "TILLMAN" on every player's jersey was over the top.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen