Oregon at ASU: Thursday Night

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, here we go again.

With our gambling Defense, these games against the explosive offenses just seem like a roll of the dice with tough odds. Oregon isn't as explosive as USC, but they have Adams back at QB and are a different team with him in the line up. http://www.dailyemerald.com/2015/10...disappointing-seasons-in-different-direction/

The good news is that their defense isn't exactly overwhelming. One of the these games, our offense is going to get on track. Will this be the night? It will help having Richard back in the line-up. His absence was huge against Utah.

I am not optimistic, but am hoping we see the same ASU team that beat UCLA. The difference may be that Adams is much more mobile than Rosen and could improvise and burn us.

Ducks: 34
ASU: 31

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's essentially a matter of how well Berc plays... Granted, he has limited weapons to throw to... guys who can't run solid routes and even when they are open and Berc finds them, they drop the ball... a lot!

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I will be at the game.

Last time ASU beat Oregon was 2004.

Last time ASU beat Oregon at home was 2003.

ASU 30
Oregon 27

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's essentially a matter of how well Berc plays... Granted, he has limited weapons to throw to... guys who can't run solid routes and even when they are open and Berc finds them, they drop the ball... a lot!

What, 2 dropped TD's at Utah? I am sure the fact that it is supposed to be raining Thursday night is going to be a factor again on this issue, sheeese. Berco throws a harder ball than Kelly, but he hasn't exactly been drilling it on these drops. Simply no excuse for these drops, at all.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What, 2 dropped TD's at Utah? I am sure the fact that it is supposed to be raining Thursday night is going to be a factor again on this issue, sheeese. Berco throws a harder ball than Kelly, but he hasn't exactly been drilling it on these drops. Simply no excuse for these drops, at all.

Yes, and plenty of other drops where the ball was delivered perfectly by Berc. Against Utah, Foster was pathetic... Easily the worst game I've seen from him in his career.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what we are up against:

You must be registered for see images attach

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the 1st time in a long time I feel ASU has a chance to beat Oregon!

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Pat Tillman, love the Pat Tillman tribute and all. But if they are going to put Tillman's name on the back of their jersey's tonight, they damn well better win the game. If they don't, then I say they give the Tillman stuff a rest.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I love Pat Tillman, love the Pat Tillman tribute and all. But if they are going to put Tillman's name on the back of their jersey's tonight, they damn well better win the game. If they don't, then I say they give the Tillman stuff a rest.

The Tillman Tunnel will forever be present and a proud fixture at SDS. Anything else could be a bit gratuitous. That said, aren't they doing this as a one-time memorial event?

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Tillman Tunnel will forever be present and a proud fixture at SDS. Anything else could be a bit gratuitous. That said, aren't they doing this as a one-time memorial event?

Not sure how many times they will trot this out. Tonight is "Salute to Service Night"

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm with Absolute Zero, don't wear these throwbacks and come out and play like garbage.

Edit: As a matter of fact, now that I've had more time to think about it, I don't like this at all. I loved Pat as a Sun Devil, I loved Pat as a Cardinal, and I loved Pat after reading books about his life. I don't love every player wearing his name on their jersey for some reason. Part of it because when Pat played, he went all out and I expect everyone wearing his name to go all out. Meh, I'm stopping while I'm ahead.

Last edited:

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Oregon started off like gang busters, but ASU buckled down in the red zone and held them to a field goal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Right up the middle for 64 yards and td on third and short. Ducks 10-0.
Might have been 54 yards(?). Don't have my hearing aids in.

Last edited:

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Ahhh, a drop in the endzone, then miss a chip shot field goal.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm with Absolute Zero, don't wear these throwbacks and come out and play like garbage.

Edit: As a matter of fact, now that I've had more time to think about it, I don't like this at all. I loved Pat as a Sun Devil, I loved Pat as a Cardinal, and I loved Pat after reading books about his life. I don't love every player wearing his name on their jersey for some reason. Part of it because when Pat played, he went all out and I expect everyone wearing his name to go all out. Meh, I'm stopping while I'm ahead.

I personally don't like it when the Cardinals and ASU correlate Pat's legacy with military service. Had he survived my guess is the last thing he'd be is a military flag waver. ASU especially as a place of higher education should honor Pat's free thinking and ability to self-reflect about 100x more than his time in the service. I know he doesn't hang out here anymore but would love to hear Gadd's thoughts on this.

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp. Can't keep coming up empty on offense. 2 drives, 2 missed field goals. Can't keep pace with Oregon like this, they are just too explosive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen