Oregon at ASU: Thursday Night

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have never done this but somebody needs to be fired tomorrow. Complete and utter nonsense.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Horrible play calling on 1st & Goal from the 3 RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ballage and Richard didn't touch the ball on the last 23 plays ASU ran to end the game! What?????? This has to be the worst season Norvell has had by a mile!!! What a joke!

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel bad for the players, they played their hearts out. But the coaches didn't put them in a position to win late in the 4th and in OT. Two INT's, yes they should not have been thrown by Berco., but why call those passes. Ugh.

Of course, had we made one of those 3 missed field goals in the first half.... well, woulda coulda shoulda bla bla bla, sorry, a bit drowsy this morning

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Still can't believe the Ducks converted that 4th & goal in OT, with Adams playing Houdini and in full retreat... Just tosses a prayer and Simone gets burned again... No excuse there. Simone is horrendous in coverage.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Easy thing to do would be to blame the refs

Missed 3 field goals
Run the ball and let Oregon use their timeouts
Blitzing way too much

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still can't believe the Ducks converted that 4th & goal in OT, with Adams playing Houdini and in full retreat... Just tosses a prayer and Simone gets burned again... No excuse there. Simone is horrendous in coverage.
And a 4th & Goal to tie at the end of regulation. ASU didn't deserve to win this game.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy thing to do would be to blame the refs

Missed 3 field goals
Run the ball and let Oregon use their timeouts
Blitzing way too much

I don't blame the refs at all this game. There was a camera in the way of the catch in OT and if ASU makes the right offensive play calls, then ASU wins this game. I could not believe the play calls when on the 3 in the 3rd OT. Did they not learn anything from the Superbowl a few months ago??? I would be so pissed if I was any RB for the Devils. Basically a slap in the face not to get the ball at least twice on the 3! Horrible

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
That whole drive was started with the INT by Berco. Don't know what the heck was going on there, why weren't we running the ball? 2 RB's running over 100 yards, and we start throwing the ball up for grabs instead of running the clock out.

Arizona State also seemed in control when it had the ball in Oregon territory with five minutes left, but quarterback Mike Bercovici, apparently thinking the Ducks had jumped offside, giving him a free play, threw an interception to Tyree Robinson.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/94008/oregon-stuns-arizona-state-stays-alive-in-pac-12

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't blame the refs at all this game. There was a camera in the way of the catch in OT and if ASU makes the right offensive play calls, then ASU wins this game. I could not believe the play calls when on the 3 in the 3rd OT. Did they not learn anything from the Superbowl a few months ago??? I would be so pissed if I was any RB for the Devils. Basically a slap in the face not to get the ball at least twice on the 3! Horrible

Norvell is making over a million dollars a year... I seriously don't see how that can be remotely justified... Just ridiculous! :mad:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try being a Sun Devils fan in Oregon today. The good new is everyone up here thinks that win means the Ducks are back because they beat a great Sun Devil team.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Clock management at the end of the first half.

Arizona State got the ball back at their own 38 yard line with 1:28 left and trailing 17-14. Mike Bercovici on the first play hit Devin Lucien for a 22-yard gain to the Oregon 40. After Berco took a sack for a loss of four yards the Devils called timeout with 1:01 remaining. Tough to lose the timeout there as it was the Devils’ final one, but OK it happened. Still had a minute left to get in field goal range. But from that point ASU only ran two plays, an incomplete pass to Lucien and a eight-yard gain on a pass to Demario Richard. There was 34 seconds left on the clock after the pass to Richard and ASU was facing a 4th and 6 from the Duck 36. There seemed to be confusion as to whether they would go for it or kick a field goal. The Devils should have gone for it but instead rushed Zane Gonzalez onto the field and rushed a 54-yard field goal attempt wide right as the game clock hit seven seconds renaming. The Devils should have attempted a pass play of no less than six yards to get the first down, stop the clock momentarily and allow Gonzalez to 1) kick a shorter field goal and 2) not be rushed on the kick.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State also seemed in control when it had the ball in Oregon territory with five minutes left, but quarterback Mike Bercovici, apparently thinking the Ducks had jumped offside, giving him a free play, threw an interception to Tyree Robinson.

No "apparently" about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No "apparently" about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Still no excuse to throw such a careless pass and definitely NO excuse for the play-call there. In that spot where they should've been running time off the clock, you RUN the damn ball!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ballage and Richard didn't touch the ball on the last 23 plays ASU ran to end the game! What?????? This has to be the worst season Norvell has had by a mile!!! What a joke!

The Sun Devils finally get there running game going in the second half and then abandon it. It left me bewildered.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no excuse to throw such a careless pass and definitely NO excuse for the play-call there. In that spot where they should've been running time off the clock, you RUN the damn ball!

Totally agree. Passing instead of running can cost you games - as we have seen with the Cardinals too. When you have success running the ball - keep running the ball !!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I personally don't like it when the Cardinals and ASU correlate Pat's legacy with military service. Had he survived my guess is the last thing he'd be is a military flag waver. ASU especially as a place of higher education should honor Pat's free thinking and ability to self-reflect about 100x more than his time in the service. I know he doesn't hang out here anymore but would love to hear Gadd's thoughts on this.

I find the continual military genuflection both at NFL and college games to be quite tiresome.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Besides the phantom back leg missed call and not calling offsides on Oregon, it was really bad play calling and especaillybad clock management. They could have had over a minute on the clock if they use all the time outs on the last drive. Maybe they avoid OT altogether then.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
When's the last time you saw a team give up 61 points and blame their QB for the loss?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I went to this game. It was my first ever ASU game. I'm just not much of a college football fan and ASU isn't my college team even if I was, so it was nice to watch a crazy game like this without any emotional involvement.

I really have to say, I was super impressed by the ASU fans, especially the student section. I know it's still nothing compared to what they have going on back east but those kids were rowdy, loud, they sing and chant and dance all game. They really were super loud, I was surprised. We need that kindof energy at the Cardinals games. :(

And the ASU crowd as a whole. I mean there were empty seats but it was pretty much full and the crowd was loud and engaged. There were quite a few Duck fans there but there wasn't a ton of fights going on, it didn't feel hostile at all.

They did a bunch of nice Pat Tillman tributes and the old stadium is looking pretty good I hadn't been in there since the last Cardinals game.

ASU's defense was so terrible, I felt bad for the fans. Still a fun game tho. Was fun being in the stadium at Midnight lol. The officiating was atrocious though, going both ways! ASU had a TD that shouldn't have been because they snapped the ball about 3 seconds after the play clock expired, that wasn't called. Oregon was offsides on an INT, that wasn't called. The out of bounds plays, the catch rulings, it was just one blunder after another. All these officials should be reprimanded IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went to this game. It was my first ever ASU game. I'm just not much of a college football fan and ASU isn't my college team even if I was, so it was nice to watch a crazy game like this without any emotional involvement.

I really have to say, I was super impressed by the ASU fans, especially the student section. I know it's still nothing compared to what they have going on back east but those kids were rowdy, loud, they sing and chant and dance all game. They really were super loud, I was surprised. We need that kindof energy at the Cardinals games. :(

And the ASU crowd as a whole. I mean there were empty seats but it was pretty much full and the crowd was loud and engaged. There were quite a few Duck fans there but there wasn't a ton of fights going on, it didn't feel hostile at all.

They did a bunch of nice Pat Tillman tributes and the old stadium is looking pretty good I hadn't been in there since the last Cardinals game.

ASU's defense was so terrible, I felt bad for the fans. Still a fun game tho. Was fun being in the stadium at Midnight lol. The officiating was atrocious though, going both ways! ASU had a TD that shouldn't have been because they snapped the ball about 3 seconds after the play clock expired, that wasn't called. Oregon was offsides on an INT, that wasn't called. The out of bounds plays, the catch rulings, it was just one blunder after another. All these officials should be reprimanded IMO.

:thumbup: