opTimistic view of Cardinals pre-season injuries!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
With numerous subject threads taking the "gloom and doom" approach to the injuries to RB Ryan Williams and CB Greg Toler- i figured an opTIMistic view is just what the doctor ordered right now.

For starters how great is it to go into the season with QB Kevin Kolb at the helm! He's only been a Cardinal for about a month and he is light years ahead of any QB that was on the roster last year at this time. No matter the injury front- the Arizona Cardinals with QB Kevin Kolb are back in the NFC playoff hunt in 2011!

Its great to see RB Tim Hightower lighting it up in pre-season for the Redskins. THT was a class act and a big part of our Super Bowl team. With THT gone and RB Ryan Williams out, this opens the door for RB Beanie Wells to become the stud RB we all believe he could be. So far he is looking the part in pre-season and maybe- just maybe- with no one now pushing him at RB he is relaxed and ready to take his game to the next level in 2011. As far as a #2 RB I really feel their will be some very good names hitting the open market in the next few days. But something else to consider is the increased role that LSH will now have in 2011. Im 100% ok with this as it seems every time he touches the ball (KR returns, screen passes, draw plays) big exciting things happen.

The emergence of CB Greg Toler was a big part in why the Cardinals were able to trade DRC for Kolb. But surprising to me it has been the unsung hero CB AJ Jefferson who has been the Cardinals most consistant CB this pre-season. Im fine with PP7, Jefferson and Marshall as our CBs entering the season. I think Jefferson will surprise a lot of us and have a nice season. Marshall is in a contract year so I expect him to have a nice season as well. PP7 is our franchise CB and will get his feet wet in 2011 but he has all the tools to be extremely special.

Time to go grab an NFC West Division Championship in 2011.

Go Cardinals!
opTIMistic Tim in NJ
(sorry for lack of posts of late, we have been rocked by Hurricane Irene and most of our area has no power, flood damage etc. )