On the bright side

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s amazing what good teams do no matter what. Tampa has a patchwork OL opening huge holes to run against a fast good Dallas defense. Brady gets enough time to throw. But I think we will be ok when Hop comes back and we play the Raiders too. I mean the Chiefs have dominated openers. It is what it is. Next week will be the telling game.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It’s amazing what good teams do no matter what. Tampa has a patchwork OL opening huge holes to run against a fast good Dallas defense. Brady gets enough time to throw. But I think we will be ok when Hop comes back and we play the Raiders too. I mean the Chiefs have dominated openers. It is what it is. Next week will be the telling game.

Amazing that the Tampa Bay staff consists of many former Cardinals coaches And has for several years. That shows how much control Bidwill and Keim exerted. Micromanagers

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least I won't spend all week going if they don't overturn that Dortch catch we might have won. We got destroyed so don't even concern myself with a play here or there.

Dortch looked good. Gardeck looked good. I thought Collins was ok except trying to cover Hardman but that's a scheme thing not on him.

Pretty much everything else sucked. Hudson's snaps in the first half were awful, Harlow was comically bad, Kyler got a little spooked in the pocket as a result. AJ Green invisible, Hollywood doubled, Ertz nothing etc.

It was a game we had to run the ball well to win and we fell behind so fast we abandoned the run.

I know Mahomes and Kelce are first ballot HOFers both among the best ever to play the game at their position but my goodness Simmons got destroyed today.
Russ, I liked your post. But I was sure it was going to start with THERE IS NO BRIGHT SIDE. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bright side is the whole division will be 0-1 and the season starts next week.

The team got a kick in the pants. Let's hope we get a bunch of guys back for next week.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I actually was encouraged by Zaven Collins' play. For his first real game experience he wasn't half bad and I thought he was going to be an utter disaster like Simmons was. I'm not saying Collins was stellar, but he made a lot of plays. He did get lost in coverage a few times, but this is not surprising for his first start.

Warning: Don't flame me for pointing out one positive in an absolutely abysmal team performance.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Week 13 is a bye week. On a serious note, I think that Dallas, GB, NE, of the 'name' teams are in worse shape.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1 game doesn’t dictate a season. New England awhile back lost 31-0 or something really bad to Kansas City and they won the super bowl. The year we went to the super bowl. Philadelphia New England curb stomped us. We need to be 3-3 by the time DHop comes back. That’s what I’m looking for

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I actually was encouraged by Zaven Collins' play. For his first real game experience he wasn't half bad and I thought he was going to be an utter disaster like Simmons was. I'm not saying Collins was stellar, but he made a lot of plays. He did get lost in coverage a few times, but this is not surprising for his first start.

Warning: Don't flame me for pointing out one positive in an absolutely abysmal team performance.
I didn't notice him, but I think that's a good thing in the context of this game. He wasn't perfect, but, in retrospect, he wasn't terrible.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn't notice him, but I think that's a good thing in the context of this game. He wasn't perfect, but, in retrospect, he wasn't terrible.
Agreed. Simmons got beat time and time again. It's looking like it's time to think about moving on.

I saw Collins making plays in the run game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA