On the bright side

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I won't spend all week going if they don't overturn that Dortch catch we might have won. We got destroyed so don't even concern myself with a play here or there.

Dortch looked good. Gardeck looked good. I thought Collins was ok except trying to cover Hardman but that's a scheme thing not on him.

Pretty much everything else sucked. Hudson's snaps in the first half were awful, Harlow was comically bad, Kyler got a little spooked in the pocket as a result. AJ Green invisible, Hollywood doubled, Ertz nothing etc.

It was a game we had to run the ball well to win and we fell behind so fast we abandoned the run.

I know Mahomes and Kelce are first ballot HOFers both among the best ever to play the game at their position but my goodness Simmons got destroyed today.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Next week the season starts. Let’s see what we bring then and then we can either jump Off the cliff or on the bandwagon. Both teams have to win

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If SUH isn't signed yet i would give him a call
Our front seven is weak slow and ineffective

It'll be better Watt comes back, Golden gets healthier etc but yeah not good enough.

I just think the style Vance plays doesn't mesh with this group we have a bunch of guys in coverage who shouldn't be in coverage.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It'll be better Watt comes back, Golden gets healthier etc but yeah not good enough.

I just think the style Vance plays doesn't mesh with this group we have a bunch of guys in coverage who shouldn't be in coverage.
Watt? He played just 6 games at half strength since he signed with the Cardinals

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Vance's style hasn't really meshed ever in terms of anything better than average to slightly above if given enough talent.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For me it’s simply a matter of talent. They tried to cover quality receivers with Simmons and Thompson. They have talent but that’s not the way to use them. The CBs are not capable. Murphy needs to play on the slot. Wilson is useless. I never heard Matthews name and frankly didn’t notice him. The pass rush was non-existent. I agree Collins was decent. No anchor tackle. Watt will help a little but the defensive talent looks like the early days in AZ. On offense if Murray doesn’t play better this will be a 6 win year. Lance was terrible for the Niners. LA looked vulnerable but not weak enough for the Cards talent level. Except for Dortch and Connor, I didn’t see much on offense. Brown will be okay when Hopkins returns. This will be a painful year!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dortch and Eno looked good to me. Nobody on D impressed and that includes the safeties. Saw Marco Wilson laughing after missing a tackle. Simmons is bust and we have no pass rush. The dumb penalties continue.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Watt? He played just 6 games at half strength since he signed with the Cardinals
Well, I got stepped on when we signed him and mentioned what I knew about his medicals coming in and this is what I expected. The fault is paying him this much but if Keim knew how to draft, Watt's leadership even from the sidelines would be of value

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I got stepped on when we signed him and mentioned what I knew about his medicals coming in and this is what I expected. The fault is paying him this much but if Keim knew how to draft, Watt's leadership even from the sidelines would be of value
Not at 15 million dollars per season, it wouldn’t be.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch and Eno looked good to me. Nobody on D impressed and that includes the safeties. Saw Marco Wilson laughing after missing a tackle. Simmons is bust and we have no pass rush. The dumb penalties continue.

I do like Dortch but I can't help but wonder what Rondale would have done with that many targets? I like Dortch but I don't think he has much explosion after the catch. Clearly way better than Isabella.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I do like Dortch but I can't help but wonder what Rondale would have done with that many targets? I like Dortch but I don't think he has much explosion after the catch. Clearly way better than Isabella.

Rondale will get plenty of targets if healthy. Sadly, I lost my hope for Isabella after today. If he couldn’t get in today, I think he has no hope.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The bright side is I'm done giving Bidwill money for a very long time. It's gunna take a lot to earn another penny from me.

I wish more would follow suit. It's the only thing that would get his attention.

Last edited: