On the bright side

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually was encouraged by Zaven Collins' play. For his first real game experience he wasn't half bad and I thought he was going to be an utter disaster like Simmons was. I'm not saying Collins was stellar, but he made a lot of plays. He did get lost in coverage a few times, but this is not surprising for his first start.

Warning: Don't flame me for pointing out one positive in an absolutely abysmal team performance.

Considering the position Vance puts his players in its hard to put too much blame on them. There is only 1 team in the league that would have Collins covering 4.2 Mecole Hardman 40 yards down the field with zero safety help and that's us. When you take a guy and ask him to do things he has no business doing you are just setting him up for failure. Bowles kept things simple and let his players attack down hill. Vance paralyzes his players with complexity and makes them reactive instead of proactive.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Darkside: we are in last place in the NFC.

The Brightside: subject to tonight's game - we are in first place in the NFC West.

Repeat after me: Glass half-full! ;)

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the position Vance puts his players in its hard to put too much blame on them. There is only 1 team in the league that would have Collins covering 4.2 Mecole Hardman 40 yards down the field with zero safety help and that's us. When you take a guy and ask him to do things he has no business doing you are just setting him up for failure. Bowles kept things simple and let his players attack down hill. Vance paralyzes his players with complexity and makes them reactive instead of proactive.

That play was just weird it seemed to me Hardman could have caught that ball like maybe he didn't see it or something. There was a couple like that the deep shot to Hollywood we never got a replay but it seemed to me like he had the ball in both hands I'm not sure if the DB knocked it out or he just didn't hold on. The reaction of the DB in real time to me was like he thought Hollywood caught it and he was making sure he was down.

the one again I can't get out of my mind even though we had 2 penalties on the play so it wouldn't have counted was Simmons dropping a softball INT right into his hands.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are surprising a couple of bright sides...

Both of our contenders in the division also lost when favored to win. As bad as we got beat, it is probably only the 3rd most surprising loss of the 3. The Rams got demolished too, at home, as SB champs. SF lost to the Bears of all teams.

Dortch had a good game. Umm, that's about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There are surprising a couple of bright sides...

Both of our contenders in the division also lost when favored to win. As bad as we got beat, it is probably only the 3rd most surprising loss of the 3. The Rams got demolished too, at home, as SB champs. SF lost to the Bears of all teams.

Dortch had a good game. Umm, that's about it.
I think you can kinda dismiss the niners game as they away from home in dismal weather conditions with a QB starting his first season. That’s not to say I think lance is going to be good. I think the niners shouldn’t be considered favorites over us due to lance alone . . . until I saw the dreck we put on the field yesterday.