On a lighter note

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To elevate my mood a bit, I tore away from war coverage and dug into the CD collection today and pulled out a couple CDs by Talking Heads. Funny how a CD gets buried and when you finally get back around to playing it, just how much good music you find.

Good stuff. "Stop Making Sense" and their "Greatest Hits" made the playlist today.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I did the same thing. No watching the war today on TV, at least not yet. My wife had it on at lunch and I left the room.

I broke out Pet Your Friends by Dishwalla. What a fantastic CD. I also listened to disk 2 of Rush-Different Stages Live. Three separate concerts in that package from "different stages" of their history.

Too bad our soldiers do not have the ability to turn it off when they are tired of it. Let's end this soon.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
I also listened to disk 2 of Rush-Different Stages Live.

I didn't watch it, but I noticed that last night Directv was showing a rush concert on one of the ppv channels. It was a ppv channel, but their was no charge for viewing the concert.

Don't know if it is still there, or if you have directv... but if you like Rush, thought I would pass it on.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've said it once and i'll say it again...Rush sucks ass

Coyote Tony

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this is freaky, I rarely listen to my CD collection any more and I have totally neglected it when it comnes to keeping up with getting new stuff ... but I dusted off the best of the Eagles and played it a few times today ... weird.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Hey Bratwurst, I did see that special on DirecTV. That is a FreeView this month and it is the 1987 Show of Hands concert. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

As for you Ryan, I am guessing you are basing your opinions on your own personal ass sucking experience.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As for you Ryan, I am guessing you are basing your opinions on your own personal ass sucking experience.
No, I am just stating a fact...rush sucks

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Rush the radio guy, or Rush the band? Personally, I think the band is better than the guy on the radio. However, I was born a hippie, under the disguise of a conservative looking boomer.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
I did the same thing. No watching the war today on TV, at least not yet. My wife had it on at lunch and I left the room.

I broke out Pet Your Friends by Dishwalla. What a fantastic CD. I also listened to disk 2 of Rush-Different Stages Live. Three separate concerts in that package from "different stages" of their history.

Too bad our soldiers do not have the ability to turn it off when they are tired of it. Let's end this soon.

Bob, that Different Stages Live CD is awesome. I especially love disc 1 myself. As for the older stage Live, I prefer "All the World's a Stage".

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im a DJ on SUndays at a bar in the Lower East Side of Manhattan called MotorCity. A good dirty muscle car themed rock and roll bar. Sunday was a WONDERFUL release for me. PLaying 6 hours of music instead of being hopeflessly glued to CNN.

Needed that BAD.

Tonight, Im going to see the best new rock and roll band in the entire freaking world, The Datsuns. If you aint heard of em yet, you will.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
No, I am just stating a fact...rush sucks

Well Ryan, it is also a FACT that the Arizona Cardinals suck ass, but you don't see me following up your posts and stating it. Instead of being a dick, you should keep your opinion to yourself.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Bob, that Different Stages Live CD is awesome. I especially love disc 1 myself. As for the older stage Live, I prefer "All the World's a Stage".

Exit Stage Left is a good CD. "YYZ" is an awesome song, has an ungodly long drum solo on that cd.

Coyote Tony

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Exit Stage Left is a good CD. "YYZ" is an awesome song, has an ungodly long drum solo on that cd.
On a side note, anybody wanna take a stab at what "YYZ" means???

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coyote Tony
On a side note, anybody wanna take a stab at what "YYZ" means???

YYZ is the three letter code for Toronto's airport. The beginning of the song is Morse code for YYZ that Peart plays. Rush is from Ontario province but I am not 100% certain they are from Toronto but I think they are.

Last edited:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im a DJ on SUndays at a bar in the Lower East Side of Manhattan called MotorCity. A good dirty muscle car themed rock and roll bar. Sunday was a WONDERFUL release for me. PLaying 6 hours of music instead of being hopeflessly glued to CNN.

Needed that BAD.

Tonight, Im going to see the best new rock and roll band in the entire freaking world, The Datsuns. If you aint heard of em yet, you will.

Memories. Oldest thread in the section.... And The Datsuns are 4 albums into their career. They never really made it, but their records are all fantastic

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn