Official vBookie Bet #1: Dark Knight box office totals

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Nice line Bugsy Segal;

$10,079 to $200 = :mulli:

I was also really liked that both paid over even money. So technically you could bet half on each side and still make money. We need a class/thread in handicapping and linesmaking.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't have even money bets, so I tried to be as close as I could. I didn't want to pay 11:10.

Djaughe

Reaction score
All in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Are these documented as being 3-day weekends across the board, and not 5-day weekends (opening on a Wed)?

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whomever set the line and odds on this bet should not be looking for employment at a Nevada Sports Book :).

If you were to employ even one of the simplest odds making calculations:

where ln Zave - mathematical expectation of ln Z; pi - probability of i-th event, equal to 1/Fi, Fi - fair odds; qi - DCRs 'probability' of i-th event, equal to 1/Li, Li - payout coefficients (aka line odds); N - number of chosen independent events.

Then it's easy to see that the "under" side should be paying out at least 16 to 1.

Or at least that's what I think I should be paid when the "under" hits.

:D

JTS

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whomever set the line and odds on this bet should not be looking for employment at a Nevada Sports Book :).

where ln Zave - mathematical expectation of ln Z; pi - probability of i-th event, equal to 1/Fi, Fi - fair odds; qi - DCRs 'probability' of i-th event, equal to 1/Li, Li - payout coefficients (aka line odds); N - number of chosen independent events.

Then it's easy to see that the "under" side should be paying out at least 16 to 1.

JTS

lol.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JTS

What he said. lol.;)

Why does this thread say for me "You may not bet on this event. You have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event." ???

AZZenny

Reaction score
This is make-believe money! How can there be bank fees and taxes on make believe money!?

Not to mention 5% is excessive. Not like they're paying us interest on it, which they should if they're charging us to use our own delusional dough.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he said. lol.;)

Why does this thread say for me "You may not bet on this event. You have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event." ???
are you banned from any of the forums? Being banned from even one of the forums seems to axe your ability to use vbookie.

Djaughe

Reaction score
This is make-believe money! How can there be bank fees and taxes on make believe money!?

Not to mention 5% is excessive. Not like they're paying us interest on it, which they should if they're charging us to use our own delusional dough.

:slap:

Just place yer bet.

;)

AZZenny

Reaction score
Waiting for something worth betting on, Jug. Like when BoMel will lose his job. Oh wait, I'm praying for that.

So... is there a room below Fort Knox where the A$FN gnomes are busily minting shiny imaginary coins?

I'm serious, if we have to pay fees to donate or gift or loan or borrow, shouldn't we earn interest? Of course, we're dealing with bookies here, not the Federal Reserve, aren't we? I guess 5% is the vig, but where does it go? To the Moderators' little pot? AHA!!

You must be registered for see images

Vigorish, or simply "the vig", also known as "juice" or "the take", is the amount charged by a bookmaker for his services. Bookmakers use this concept to make money on their wagers regardless of the outcome. Because of the vigorish concept, bookmakers should not have an interest in either side winning in a given sporting event. They are interested, instead, in getting equal action on each side of the event. In this way, the bookmaker minimizes his risk and always collects a small commission from the vigorish. The bookmaker will normally adjust the odds (or "line") to attract equal action on each side of an event.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
This should easily pass $105 m. It will probably come close to $150 and rival Spider-Man. The buzz over this movie is unbelievable. It seems everyone is talking about it and as the reviews come out, and if they continue to be as positive as the current reviews, then it will only drive more people to the theatres.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hosed my 1st vbookie bet. From everything I've read this movie is amazing.

Oh well. I guess I will lose my e-money and have to survive on e-ramen the next few days.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, this turned out to be easy money. That's ok. That's why it is the 1st bet.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vegas called. You're still fired.

When I posted, the estimate was between 105 and 110. Less than a week later, it was 130. Now it could be 150 or higher. Amazing buzz. The biggest I have seen since Titanic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard