Official NCAA Scores Thread

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Whatever. We have this discussion every year it seems.

I'm not just a casual ASU fan, I'm an ASU grad.

I root for my team and whoever is playing that team from down South. :D

I'm not against the Pac-10 in the tourney, just the Cats. :doi:

:D

That's ok Brian, you are entitled to your hatred and bigotry. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
That's ok Brian, you are entitled to your hatred and bigotry. :D

I'm sure you cheer for the Lakers because they're in the Suns' division/conference, right? :rolleyes:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
I'm sure you cheer for the Lakers because they're in the Suns' division/conference, right? :rolleyes:

Ah but college is so different! Theres conference money at stake here. And I would assume that a fan/grad of a school whose athletic department's fiscal maturity can be likened to the S&L bailout would actually root for conference foes, especially when their school has just sucked royal eggs in the NIT, because the further your rival goes, the more money your school gets to try and fix the financial train wreck your AD has created, and subsequently left behind as he bails out and heads for BIG10 waters.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
schutd said:
Ah but college is so different! Theres conference money at stake here. And I would assume that a fan/grad of a school whose athletic department's fiscal maturity can be likened to the S&L bailout would actually root for conference foes, especially when their school has just sucked royal eggs in the NIT, because the further your rival goes, the more money your school gets to try and fix the financial train wreck your AD has created, and subsequently left behind as he bails out and heads for BIG10 waters.

Exactly. No big deal about not liking Arizona, but the reputation of the conference makes a difference, believe it or not.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

That is really, really lame. I can never understand how people equate professional sports to college athletics. There's no rationale to it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That is really, really lame. I can never understand how people equate professional sports to college athletics. There's no rationale to it.

A team is a team, loyalty is loyalty, etc.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
schutd said:

:chirp chirp:

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NC State 75 Charlotte 63

Will a third SEC team go down in flames? Ohio is tied with Florida 60-60 with one minute left.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
NC State 75 Charlotte 63

Will a third SEC team go down in flames? Ohio is tied with Florida 60-60 with one minute left.

Looks like I jinxed Ohio....

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florida 67 Ohio 62 - Final

Okla St 63 SE Louisiana 50 - Final

Iowa St 64 Minnesota 53 - Final

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Brian in Mesa said:
Whatever. We have this discussion every year it seems.

I'm not just a casual ASU fan, I'm an ASU grad.

I root for my team and whoever is playing that team from down South. :D

I'm not against the Pac-10 in the tourney, just the Cats. :doi:

ditto.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
schutd said:

College IS different. I went to ASU. I put up with a girlfriend who was a cheerleader at U of A for 8 months & that's all I could take. No matter how hot of a spinner she was, she just couldn't let the whole rivalry thing go & I couldn't take anymore. She was a gymnast & this girl had skills. Great skills.

ASU is in my blood, it's a part of me. The hatred for the U of A is deeper than conference ties. It goes beyond the normal college rivalries like Ohio State & Michigan. Here it is in state. It is about 2 cities that despise each other. It is a bigger rivalry than anything in the pros. It is beyond supporting your own conference.

By the way, Gene Smith has rectified the deficeit crisis at ASU & is one of the most fiscally sound ADs in the nation. He turned the horror that Kevin White left into a budget that is operating in the black for the first time in many years & wiped out the defceit. You do not know about the ASU ADs when you made the last statement. He'll do great at OSU.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post maddog.

Curious isn't it...the most vocal Cats fans on here don't live in or near Tucson. :D

Does anyone ever go to that school and then stay in the area? :shrug:

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Great post maddog.

Curious isn't it...the most vocal Cats fans on here don't live in or near Tucson. :D

sure. They ask "Do you want fries with that" when you go through the BK drive through on Speedway :D

*ducksquickly*

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No close games at the half:

UConn up by 18 over Central Florida
SIU up by 9 over St. Mary's
UNC by 26 over Oakland
Villanova by 23 over New Mexico.

What the heck is wrong with the Lobos?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
You do not know about the ASU ADs when you made the last statement. He'll do great at OSU.

You're right. I was just making some digs for the fun of it. But the other points are totally valid. I Bleed red and blue. I HATE phoenix and ASU, but I can at least be honest with myself and root for ASU every once in a while. I've always been a sucker for a perennial underdog. Heh.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Great post maddog.

:BIM only speaks up once bailed out:

Heh. I left Tucson with a very heavy heart. And a VERY heavy liver. I grew up in Phoenix, and had the smarts to bail out on that concrete suburban wasteland.. Phoenix sucks BIM. Theres just no two ways about it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Great post maddog.

Only someone who went to ASU would come up with such an idiotic insult. ;)

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
schutd said:
You're right. I was just making some digs for the fun of it. But the other points are totally valid. I Bleed red and blue. I HATE phoenix and ASU, but I can at least be honest with myself and root for ASU every once in a while. I've always been a sucker for a perennial underdog. Heh.

:lmao:

funny stuff. You are a better person than me in that regard. I have never cheered for U of A in anything. Never have & probably never will. :)

My father almost disowned my sister when she went there.

A few of my best friends went there & it's almost like we have a calm truce. Both sides don't say anything to each other about one's schools to each other. After the games, both sides quitely shake hands & then we drink beer. Only if the losing team's alum/fans bring the game up can the winners talk about it.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
A few of my best friends went there & it's almost like we have a calm truce. Both sides don't say anything to each other about one's schools to each other. After the games, both sides quitely shake hands & then we drink beer. Only if the losing team's alum/fans bring the game up can the winners talk about it.

So you're saying you're the only one with the option for talking about it? :D