2017 Official Draft Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft coverage kicks off on ESPN at 4pm Pacific, less than 30 minutes from now. There are a few other threads that seem dedicated to the rumors of what could happen, here we can discuss the official picks and trades that are actually made tonight.

Here is the draft order for the first round...
1. Philadelphia 76ers (from Celtics)
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics (from 76ers)
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Sacramento Kings (from 76ers)
6. Orlando Magic
7. Minnesota Timberwolves
8. New York Knicks
9. Dallas Mavericks
10. Sacramento Kings (from Pelicans)
11. Charlotte Hornets
12. Detroit Pistons
13. Denver Nuggets
14. Miami Heat

Non-Lottery
15. Portland Trail Blazers
16. Chicago Bulls
17. Milwaukee Bucks
18. Indiana Pacers
19. Atlanta Hawks
20. Portland Trail Blazers (from Grizzlies)
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
22. Brooklyn Nets (from Wizards)
23. Toronto Raptors (from Clippers)
24. Utah Jazz
25. Orlando Magic (from Raptors)
26. Portland Trail Blazers (from Cavaliers)
27. Los Angeles Lakers (from Nets)
28. Los Angeles Lakers (from Rockets)
29. San Antonio Spurs
30. Utah Jazz (from Warriors)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns do not make a trade somewhere in the draft I will be disappointed.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CBS Sports has a pretty good draft tracker for those who can't watch on ESPN. They got live video streaming with Rip Hamilton and Raja Bell with some talking head host. In addition to that they have some sort of a gamecast type clock for when teams are up and it gives some info as far as what that team needs. There are tabs for their mock draft and also for the trades that take place...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/drafttracker

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS Sports has a pretty good draft tracker for those who can't watch on ESPN. They got live video streaming with Rip Hamilton and Raja Bell with some talking head host. In addition to that they have some sort of a gamecast type clock for when teams are up and it gives some info as far as what that team needs. There are tabs for their mock draft and also for the trades that take place...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/drafttracker

Awesome.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Andrew Vailliencourt

Despite Kansas SF Josh Jackson being on the board, Adi Joseph of USA Today thinks the Suns favor Kentucky PG De'Aaron Fox.

Joseph writes: "The Suns have been trying to get Fox in for a workout, but he so far has resisted. One theory: Phoenix already has two Kentucky point guards (Eric Bledsoe and Tyler Ulis, along with star shooting guard Devin Booker) on the roster, so this could be a Big Blue-based decision. But Bledsoe’s status within the team’s current rebuild seems tenuous, and the Suns (like everyone) love Fox’s passion and intelligence."

From a Doug Haller article.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-phoenix-suns-draft-nba-mock-draft/406095001/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh lonzo ball dad one reason why i am glad the lakers will get him...

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nver-nuggets-emmanuel-mudiay-no-13-draft-pick

The Denver Nuggets held separate discussions leading up to Thursday night's NBA draft about deals to acquire Chicago Bulls forward Jimmy Butler or Phoenix Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe, sources told ESPN.

The deal with the Bulls would include draft picks and multiple young players but not Nuggets center Nikola Jokic, a source said.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its go time! Lets go suns make smart decision tonight.....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Jackson is trade bait...seeing how many teams are trying to move up to get him. I hope he stays but I have doubts he is ours to keep.

One thing I know, I would like to see the Suns wheel and deal whether it is #4 or later in the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If sac is interested in bledsoe trade him and 32 or Miami pick for 5th pick. Take jackson and fox. YEeeehaawww!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave