Official - Kyler has a torn ACL (Surgery went well)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Even 8 months gets him back at practice in August. That’s relatively good news.
Except what time does that leave him to work on the important aspects of his game he has neglected up until now? Best case, for me, is he returns to what he was this season, which was not good at all. Even if he wants to change, will he get the chance during rehab?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Except what time does that leave him to work on the important aspects of his game he has neglected up until now? Best case, for me, is he returns to what he was this season, which was not good at all. Even if he wants to change, will he get the chance during rehab?
Methinks he has plenty of time to concentrate and focus on the mental aspect which is the playbook and going over opposing defensive formations. Provided he heals, which I believe he will, his physical attributes are not what is holding him back right now. Now overcoming the fear of not stepping up in the pocket after the injury can only be accomplished while playing

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going to agree... this gives him plenty of time to study the playbook. It would be awesome if he was studing with Sean Payton and someone like Carson Palmer (I'd say Kurt Warner but not sure he would work with the guy who may have been involved in bounty gate). Sean as the new HC and Carson as the QB Coach or minimum - QB Consultant.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
To be fair.. I believe Raps take was near immediately after K1s knee was officially a ACL tear… Scheftys was today after the swelling has gone done and the doctors obviously had more time to scan to see how severe and of anything else was torn.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hearing it’s as clean a tear as he could have experienced. Other ligament damage is insignificant. Essentially it’s up to Murray as to how fast he recovers. The more pain he can tolerate the faster he can advance stages.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe this will end up being a good thing. He can rest and study while the Cards try to get their management and coaching personnel in order. I know, like that has much of a chance of ever happening.
Also, keep in mind until he's fully cleared to run that any passing he does will be in a pocket situation with little ability to move and juke around. This could help him with pocket awareness and trust... especially since his injury was non-contact while running, instead of getting smashed in the pocket.